Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:26:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING DeepOnion is a SCAM, proof inside!  (Read 70275 times)
Rosma Yeni

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:54:16 PM

I really do not know it's a scam. the project has been running for a long time, luckily I'm not in their project. I think it could be the same as EDOGE. Be careful again in choosing a bounty, do not get a fraud like this. Has anyone got a coin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:22:19 PM

I invested a lot of money into Deep Onion and made a profit from it. What makes you think it's a scam? You can give evidence for this. I will wait for information from you.

Maybe you could read the thread.  It's laid out in excruciating detail throughout.

A lot of people make money off of scams. That makes them no less scams.

eg the bitcoin cash scam last weekend.

koalapizzakite

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 02:51:59 AM

Very interesting thread .... i was thinking of investing as i like privacy coins
but this is getting pushed to the bottom of my list until i work out what is going off
joshki

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:54:07 AM

Very interesting thread .... i was thinking of investing as i like privacy coins
but this is getting pushed to the bottom of my list until i work out what is going off

Look at xvg if you want to see a privacy coin.
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:59:50 AM

Hi,

I was about to buy some deeponion and join the hype but then I check the project a little more deeply and now I could agree that there is something wrong in it.

The biggest red point for me is that they closed the source code of their wallet after version 1.2 to "protect" some copied technology. I'm not willing to install something like this on my computer.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:32:51 AM

Hi,

I was about to buy some deeponion and join the hype but then I check the project a little more deeply and now I could agree that there is something wrong in it.

The biggest red point for me is that they closed the source code of their wallet after version 1.2 to "protect" some copied technology. I'm not willing to install something like this on my computer.

You can't possibly be serious.. closed source now ? WOW  Shocked

FUD first & ask questions later™
joshki

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:39:23 AM

Hi,

You can't possibly be serious.. closed source now ? WOW  Shocked

Closed source and windows only. He's afraid someone will steal his groundbreaking technology of storing document hashes on the blockchain.
msukairi

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:48:13 AM

Stop stating that deeponions are scam, THEY ARE NOT People who did not receive any coins or didn't get accepted in airdrops start disliking.You guys did not understand the purplse if deeponions, you should find out more about it and can discover the truth by her.!!
joshki

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:49:19 AM

Stop stating that deeponions are scam, THEY ARE NOT People who did not receive any coins or didn't get accepted in airdrops start disliking.You guys did not understand the purplse if deeponions, you should find out more about it and can discover the truth by her.!!

Didn't you post this exact same shill yesterday under a different account?
sic57005

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:03:56 AM

The truth is easy as five:
1) You have cult-like community of spammers forced to do TONS of meaningless DO-related messages
2) Client is closed-source
3) You have 100% premine
4) Devs staking premine
5) You telling that is free-to-obtain coin which is actually NOT

You got all 10/10 criteria to be real shitcoin. And the only purpose of this coin is make devs rich by scamming others.
mosprognoz

Activity: 868
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:25:41 PM

The truth is easy as five:
1) You have cult-like community of spammers forced to do TONS of meaningless DO-related messages
2) Client is closed-source
3) You have 100% premine
4) Devs staking premine
5) You telling that is free-to-obtain coin which is actually NOT

You got all 10/10 criteria to be real shitcoin. And the only purpose of this coin is make devs rich by scamming others.
Deeponion was, is, and will be the scam... This is undeniable reality. How much that fucking Cryto Rainbow got from that scam already? $1 million ? Fucking scammers...
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:02:23 AM

I think the biggest problem i have with this coin is that it's rigged.
The dev made it so he could benefit from it financially.
The so called Airdrop crap touted is a means to co-opt people into allowing the dev to take for himself a ton of coins.
This pattern is old in crypto.
It's our responsibility to avoid stuff like this because it is immoral.
You can't justify it by saying the dev threw you chump change / peanuts at your feet while he was made a multi-millionaire.

The newer generation have no clue what a fair launched currency is... or i should say *was.

Did you know that there was a time long ago where people argued if DASH was launched fairly ?
Notice people talking about it now ?
No ? Why ?

Simple.. no one cares.
Strange eh ? Considering it's the no. 6 coin on theCap @ $418.00 per coin.
Can you possibly imagine how much money you made those guys that were buying them for a few cents each ?
..or premining / staking them for free.

They don't care how badly rigged a coin is.. just so long as they can be co-opted into supporting it for a minute itty bitty tiny little slice of pie.
Which amounts to a pyramid scheme scam of sorts.

Things changed in crypto and you noobs don't see it because you just got here.
..or are pretending to with sock puppet accounts.
There was a line we crossed over and everything changed.
The mass ICO days sealed the fate of crypto.
All it did was attract people who shouldn't be here and who have no interest in crypto.
Except to profit from it.. at any cost.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Bonanzacoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:06:14 PM

The so called Airdrop crap touted is a means to co-opt people into allowing the dev to take for himself a ton of coins.
You can't justify it by saying the dev threw you chump change / peanuts at your feet while he was made a multi-millionaire.

The newer generation have no clue what a fair launched currency is... or i should say *was.

Did you know that there was a time long ago where people argued if DASH was launched fairly ?
No ? Why ?

Simple.. no one cares.
Can you possibly imagine how much money you made those guys that were buying them for a few cents each ?

They don't care how badly rigged a coin is.. just so long as they can be co-opted into supporting it for a minute itty bitty tiny little slice of pie.

All it did was attract people who shouldn't be here and who have no interest in crypto.

amen
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:22:58 PM

Hi,

It is weird that the initial fork is open source but any new development is closed.   I really wanted to review their code for deep vault but wasn't able to and connecting to the p2p network via TOR is nothing new.  I generally don't trust closed source projects with no external review or audit.

The main thing though was the bizarre obsessive nature of the airdrop bans.  Banning people for having a slight problem with their address, changing the rules constantly, etc.

Anyways, I still wish them the best of luck and hope it is not a scam as I don't like seeing people lose their coins that way.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:30:01 PM

No ? Why ?

Simple.. no one cares.

Completely agree... But beyond the dev fund, which is staking profit 24/7, mods are also making out with the power to determine airdrop payouts. They are effectively paying themselves 6 figure salaries alongside the dev profits. Not to mention, inflation from staking + airdrop/week is greater than the % payout average participant gets. They are losing value by participating, while increasing value for the central team by holding coins off of exchanges.
FacelessCrypto

Activity: 539
Merit: 105

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:56:22 PM

As long as we can make money , who cares it is a scam or not.

Well, for anyone with a conscience, it is rather important to remember that a scam means you make money off of some other poor unsuspecting sap. Some can live with that, I guess.

On the other hand, I've yet to see anything to really convince me that this is a scam token. Most people posting against it seem to have personal vendettas. I'll continue to support and wear the signature unless I see some actual damning evidence.

There is a large grass roots group of support behind this coin that goes far beyond the possibility of 'farmed' accounts. Only time will tell, but I'm still a fan and think it's got a lot of potential.

Closed source, windows only wallet, with no features that are not already in every other privacy coin.  

What makes you think there is any potential whatsoever here?

I have put together some numbers about last airdrop and the total tokens founder members are holding from the premine and you tell me if that is fair:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2383425

Beyond early adopters, take a look at mod team earnings. Last week, 14 mods received 1/3 of the airdrop. Not sure what it was this week. These are the same mods that determine effort multipliers and assign themselves 5x payouts.

Also, someone above mentioned only people with a vendetta go against DeepOnion. I participated in the airdrop under old rules for 2 weeks. Made about $2,000 for my 2 weeks and cashed out when I saw the new rules announced- since they were obviously created to make the mods rich and screw over everyone else. DeepOnion was good to me but I also recognize it is a blatant scam.

I tried to promote another coin(DNR) in Deeponion.org community.. and you know.. they banned me for 2 days .. Whats this bullshit?.  They dont support other altcoin promotion ?   comeon.. Guys grow up..

mosprognoz

Activity: 868
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:50:31 PM

I tried to promote another coin(DNR) in Deeponion.org community.. and you know.. they banned me for 2 days .. Whats this bullshit?.  They dont support other altcoin promotion ?   comeon.. Guys grow up..
They will delete any negative comment from their thread and ban you from forums. Deeponion is a cult of slaves and zombies, working for a scammer called Crypto Rainbow.
obszoenling

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:56:53 PM

1. Registering in a coins forum to promote another coin.
2. Wondering why you are getting banned
3. complain in scam thread about getting banned

LOL

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MikeJones!

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:24:06 PM

I decided the other day to jump in on the airdrop before i saw this thread about staking the pre-mine, started reading through the laundry list of hyping requirements, and saw the one about having 100 Onions in your wallet to participate in any airdrop...forget about it.

all these coins suck, I am new to this but I have not seen 1 airdrop actually work yet...
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:19:43 AM

The distribution method has changed a few weeks ago and now it resembles the distribution model of many other airdropped coins. So the "blackmail" strategy: if you dump your coins you won't receive more, doesn't work any more. It was a brilliant idea, even though with controversial implications. And the dev almost managed to fuck up the project completely with his paranoia. Now that it is more open, and the price is quite stable, the project has better chances of success.

The damage is done. The project is completely centralized, less than 300 people have all the control over the whole project.
That, among other things, is why I am out. Tried to tag along for a while but in the end you only get threatened to be kicked out of the Airdrop if you so much as consider mentioning that the mods receive way too much coins. Not to mention the massive censorship going on there.

--ypsi

Yes, massive censorship and threats really suck and THIS is what actually has done all the damage. Still not correct to call it "scam" - it may become a scam in future, but it is not a real scam yet, no dumps from the devs on the public and now everybody is free to trade and the price does not collapse. Possibly, user base is growing. Cryptos is cryptos, everything can change and coins can get their own life. We'll see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: