Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:37:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING DeepOnion is a SCAM, proof inside!  (Read 70281 times)
bucciarati

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 01:36:08 PM

i do not get it, it is like a new sport to spread fud against a particular community ?

if you do not like the project simply stay away, no need to bash happy users, we are all grown up here and know well what we are going to do, we do not need parents tutoring because you know, writing a couple of sensational sentences or posting a link to cmc is not what i consider a good and informative post .. we are in crypto here, there are a lot of risks around, looking at cmc graphs you can say bitcoin is a safe heaven? or ethereum and neo? only to cite few..

c'mon guys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:19:39 PM

i do not get it, it is like a new sport to spread fud against a particular community ?
Perhaps you should read what is written here and verify that for yourself. Then you can take a calculated risk. I believe you did that or at least should have done.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:37:45 PM

Perhaps you should read what is written here and verify that for yourself. Then you can take a calculated risk. I believe you did that or at least should have done.
Some people just don't want to learn. They're too greedy, impulsive and emotional to see reality as is.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:39:04 PM

if you do not like the project simply stay away, no need to bash happy users, we are all grown up here and know well what we are going to do, we do not need parents tutoring because you know, writing a couple of sensational sentences or posting a link to cmc is not what i consider a good and informative post .. we are in crypto here, there are a lot of risks around, looking at cmc graphs you can say bitcoin is a safe heaven? or ethereum and neo? only to cite few..

c'mon guys

There's a massive difference between a ponzi scheme and a risky venture into a new paradigm.
JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:41:39 PM

Current price and day-to-day price changes says nothing about a coin and means nothing IMO. BitConnect was pumped really high once too, before a sudden massive fall with the top cashing out their profits.

A lot of the coins I have bought have significantly dipped, but I took the opportunity to enter BECAUSE I know regards of that, those coins have a good long term future, and a potential for sudden growth sometime in the future as their milestone are met (etc. ADA, TRX, etc).

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
bucciarati

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 08:00:23 PM

c'mon guys

There's a massive difference between a ponzi scheme and a risky venture into a new paradigm.

a ponzi scheme is a fraud were initial investment is repaid by new money until all went down and who entered last lose all
maybe is me that not understand but... how does this compare to deeponion considering that there was no initial investment for early adopters that partecipated in the airdrop?

well, let say definitions in economics are imprecise (and they are), we can also look at numbers and paths: a ponzi scheme usually see only growth until the burst. even considering this metric this not apply to deeponion because we already saw up and downs

so, what other indicator can you suggest me to prove that deeponion is a scam?
but please not talk about the premine argument because you know, everyone knows that airdrop needs premine

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:43:43 PM

The dev team is raking up the majority of the rewards, while new people who want to have a chance of getting Onions have to buy them on exchanges to get the "airdrop" (which is a bounty campaign). That's not an airdropped premine, that's a centralized scam and all the new people who are stupid enough to believe the lies and disinformation of hundreds of greedy paid shills are essentially paying those that came in earlier. DO doesn't offer anything of its own and is just a copy/paste coin with an obvious pyramid scheme going on. You just have to check the 10 richest addresses while excluding the premine addresses. It's obvious that the vast majority of coins goes to the dev team and that they're just dumping on those that are stupid enough to shill for them.
Gnurz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:22:49 PM

if scam or not - a weird way to answer to a "bug report":

https://deeponion.org/community/threads/unlocking-a-wallet-really-has-serious-issues.30428/

Looks like half of the posters didn't read anything anyway. It's just impossible that there's a bug in the software. Thread closed.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:32:41 PM

if scam or not - a weird way to answer to a "bug report":

https://deeponion.org/community/threads/unlocking-a-wallet-really-has-serious-issues.30428/

Looks like half of the posters didn't read anything anyway. It's just impossible that there's a bug in the software. Thread closed.

The posts on that thread just prove how much of a joke DO and its community is.

I hope you didn't run the wallet on a system that has access to your other coins, since the wallet is closed source and could very easily contain malware.
Olivia_Nielsin

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:47:34 PM

I think most of us know this is a scam coin, however most of us trying to dump it before the other people and make a profit, it will be a scam coin to the newbie who purchase it, not for the group promoting it and get it for free
Do you warn people that this cryptocurrency is scam?
mosprognoz

Activity: 868
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:52:22 PM

The dev team is raking up the majority of the rewards, while new people who want to have a chance of getting Onions have to buy them on exchanges to get the "airdrop" (which is a bounty campaign). That's not an airdropped premine, that's a centralized scam and all the new people who are stupid enough to believe the lies and disinformation of hundreds of greedy paid shills are essentially paying those that came in earlier. DO doesn't offer anything of its own and is just a copy/paste coin with an obvious pyramid scheme going on. You just have to check the 10 richest addresses while excluding the premine addresses. It's obvious that the vast majority of coins goes to the dev team and that they're just dumping on those that are stupid enough to shill for them.

Can't agree more! Stupid  greedy paid shills and beggars are hired to make a Chinese scammer and his friends super rich. That kind of people will support any scam that is paying out.
Gnurz

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:57:48 PM

I hope you didn't run the wallet on a system that has access to your other coins, since the wallet is closed source and could very easily contain malware.

Hm, you got a point there.

To be fair though, one can get an open source client if one wants to. They have code on github.com/deeponion and one can compile a working client with it (all external dependencies from independent sources).
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:14:28 PM

Hm, you got a point there.

To be fair though, one can get an open source client if one wants to. They have code on github.com/deeponion and one can compile a working client with it (all external dependencies from independent sources).
Fair point and should be heeded. It seems like a terrible idea to not self-compile their wallet at this point if you choose to get involved (which nobody should).

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Gnurz

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:23:48 PM

Fair point and should be heeded. It seems like a terrible idea to not self-compile their wallet at this point if you choose to get involved (which nobody should).

Yes, the reason why I tried to unlock is because I wanted to get rid of them ASAP. Self-compiling was the only way to check all possible passwords quick and clean. But well, it's quite a bit of work (I'm not a professional full-time developer - took me 3 hours to get everything working).

hm - not so bad though - let's give it a few weeks and I can start my own coin. Who wants to buy some and promote it for me? Cheesy
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:20:09 PM

Looks reasonable. It seems like a Ponzi scam.
Only a few people control most of the coin. And from the "Free" airdrop, they are getting more and more.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:58:16 PM

Looks reasonable. It seems like a Ponzi scam.
Only a few people control most of the coin. And from the "Free" airdrop, they are getting more and more.
I would be shocked if this turned out not to be a ponzi scheme. There's no indication of it being legitimate.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 11:06:39 PM

This is interesting. I will see where this leads. Would b following up the thread. I didnt invest in DpOn but was thinking of doing it today.. Let's see how it goes.

https://cryptotvplus.com
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 02:41:53 AM

As some others have pointed out, a "Ponzi scheme", by definition, requires initial monetary investment, which is then used to pay the first investors, so those entering last are burned.  No initial investment, other than a little typing was required.  If you're going to call DO a scam, at least be more accurate.

There hasn't been a mandatory upgrade of the wallet in quite a long time.  You may still compile the code from GitHub and have a working wallet.  Later, non-mandatory, upgrades to the wallet, after the introduction of DeepVault are closed to review, however if you do not wish to use that proprietary DeepVault, then, yes, the code is open source.  I think I've used DeepVault once, not a feature I really need, so, if I wanted to simply stake or hold Onion, I could use the open source, if I cared to compile it myself, from GitHub.

I dislike misinformation being spread, and I would like to know if anything I've typed is factually inaccurate.  Once I investigate your claim, I'll happily correct myself.  Now, just for arguments sake, making statements like, "I feel DO is a scam...." is not something I'd even entertain, your feelings have nothing to do with it, neither do mine.  What I want to know is, can you compile a functional wallet from open source for DeepOnion?  Yes, you can.  Therefore it is effectively open source.  Was a monetary / fiat investment required to initially join the "modified airdrop"?  No, there was not, I was here at the beginning.  A minimum is required now, with, nine, I think, rounds left to go, so, break out your Funk and Wagnall's but that fails the definition of a "Ponzi scheme".

Closed versus open source and "Ponzi scheme" seem to be the arguments thrown around the most, and they appear invalid.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:56:36 AM

As some others have pointed out, a "Ponzi scheme", by definition, requires initial monetary investment, which is then used to pay the first investors, so those entering last are burned.  No initial investment, other than a little typing was required.  If you're going to call DO a scam, at least be more accurate.
This is not true. You need to own coins to get anything from "a little typing". So it's a ponzi with extra work involved for those who are being ripped off.

|

|
CryptoGrinder

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

DEEPONION - NO ICO

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:38:10 AM

But you are really really just keeping up with your percentage of the total supply.

The airdrop is less of a payment and more a break-even gesture.  The project seems to be slowing incorporating more space and  allowing more interest as it  progresses.  I do not see it as even possibly a ponzi.  Even if the dev team were to sell out on April 20th, that is their right... everyone knows it up front.  There have been 0 promises of riches all along.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: