Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:58:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I need to worry about my bitcoin holding after August 1st?  (Read 1748 times)
yogaantoni

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:12:23 PM

Of course have to worry, like me this.
I do not know exactly what will happen. I know from my colleagues. May not get BCC or other coins after network split for your bitcoin in online wallet.

The only consequence you will get if you remain your customer in the online wallet, you also will not get BCC.

You must move BTC from your online address eg to a large market like bittrex or viabtc that gives BCC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fred dave

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:14:47 PM

I think if you re holding your bitcoins in a secured wallet which you have the private keys there is no need to worry about it, it is safe
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:34:24 PM

We must have a special strategy, if we just hold our money on bitcoin of course we worry because hard fork events can make money lost, better is transfer bitcoin to exchanger to be exchanged with other coins like ethereum or monero.
i think people are worrying about their bitcoin before 1st August because before 1st August no one know that will is going to happen to bitcoin, but i am sure that after 1st August everything will become normal and the price of bitcoin gain the acceleration very soon. i think we should try to hold bitcoin and not to sell it right now.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:38:22 PM

Hi all, do we see the split right after 00:01 ?

Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:43:02 PM

I think if you re holding your bitcoins in a secured wallet which you have the private keys there is no need to worry about it, it is safe

Exactly, but I think people worry because they don't know if the value of Bitcoin will remain the same, depreciate or appreciate after August 1 and not necessarily how safe they'll be able to keep it.
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:44:25 PM

No need to worry about your holding as long as you stored them in a bitcoin wallet that you have full control of it, like in my our country our local exchanges advice us to take out our btc or convert it into fiat before 7am of aug first,cause btc transaction will be suspended in thier exchange site.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:10:37 PM

It is just a few hours more, keep your bitcoin safe and transfer your bitcoin on a safe wallet. Better safe than sorry.

I had some on Yobit. received my bcc a few hours ago. i believe yobit will support btc and bcc.

Did you have it already? It did not split yet, it is still 31. Or did you bought BCC in anticipation? If you did, good luck, I hope people don't dumped on your bcc.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:20:53 PM

Today I will get a payment today, August 1, probably will not pay, sometimes I think, fortune is my fate, I do not know what to do, I will probably trade with litecoin now.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:54:32 PM

We must have a special strategy, if we just hold our money on bitcoin of course we worry because hard fork events can make money lost, better is transfer bitcoin to exchanger to be exchanged with other coins like ethereum or monero.

Don't loose hope about bitcoin's potential. Please don't go towards these copy cats altcoins. In 2013 also after big bump bitcoin only again rise and now it stand in good position. If you check the world's costliest assets. This will be the first and best stock which will rise continuously than gold or property. Be stick with bitcoins.
I will utterly agree with you. Bitcoins are the most expensive investments worldwide. They are undoubtedly rising continuously in the last few years. I will also suggest the same to all bitcoiners not to give up on bitcoins at any time. Even when they are going through dumping phase, do keep them in the wallets.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 11:12:50 PM

OP, if you are worried only about your BTC savings, you can keep calm, there are no danger to your bitcoins. Your bitcoins are safe as long as you have private keys.

I had some on Yobit. received my bcc a few hours ago. i believe yobit will support btc and bcc.

Did you have it already? It did not split yet, it is still 31. Or did you bought BCC in anticipation? If you did, good luck, I hope people don't dumped on your bcc.
All users who had Bitcoins on Yobit already received Bitcoin Cash on 1:1 ratio few hours ago. Hope they will not put BCC wallet on maintenance, lol.

RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:16:58 AM

It is just a few hours more, keep your bitcoin safe and transfer your bitcoin on a safe wallet. Better safe than sorry.

Right because its free then there is a higher chance that it is going to be dumped at least 70-80%. I will not buy those bcc and it's just another challenge on bitcoin on his path. I hope after this event many exchanges will banned bitcoincash on their list.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: