Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:50:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin® | 7% PoS | 501c3 Foundation | Android & Web | PoE  (Read 81758 times)
NinjaMan35

Activity: 134
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:22:05 AM

Don't get me wrong, I bought over 3k EGC last night so def not complaining. Plan to buy more by end of month as a B-Day gift to myself (30th). I was just curious, but did find mentions of EFT or whatever that Gov thing is that seems to have tech tanked a few coins.
Is it me or does EGC seem to be riding lower than it should with where BTC is at right now ?

Nah, compared to the rest of the altcoin-world EGC is in the same boat.
Some have lost even more, and some less.

Many are going back to their first accumulation zone.

The upside of EGC is bigger than the downside imo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aileen393332xe5157

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:27:20 AM

It can be said that the profits of EverGreenCoin will be invested in the environment through environmental projects such as forestry, wildlife recovery, humanitarian efforts, and naturalization of the planet ... that will make The project was popularized by the community. In addition to the environmental protection element, does the idea intend to focus on any other field?
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 02:28:23 AM

It can be said that the profits of EverGreenCoin will be invested in the environment through environmental projects such as forestry, wildlife recovery, humanitarian efforts, and naturalization of the planet ...

This is the true profits we seek. That is not to say 'profit' profits are not part of the equation.

... that will make The project was popularized by the community. In addition to the environmental protection element, does the idea intend to focus on any other field?

EverGreenCoin is a community-driven project. Whenever there is sufficient community interest, expertise, demand, and / or willingness to contribute, we certainly would be happy to grow in that direction also. We are small and must be careful not to spread ourselves too thin, but as we grow in hands and minds we certainly have and will expand into new areas of focus. Those new areas would have the resources and support of existing areas of focus and fundraising mechanisms like crowdfunds and Staking for Charity. All with the 'instant' exposure to the preexisting, generous, and like-minded community.

Community members that have interest or expertise in areas are invited to make that known, if even privately and via any preferred method. This way we can know if and how much support, knowledge, and willingness may exist for a potentially new and to-be-emerging area of focus. (aka 'A Branch of EverGreenCoin')

Thank you!

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:41:03 AM

Nice to see Bow posting again, IMO good to throw up all concerns - no way to grow without critique, especially from some of the most experienced members - Bows contribution was massive and well appreciated, would be great if he were active again - even in a lighter capacity.

Bit of a spike in price overnight
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 03:27:58 PM

Here is the link to today's meeting, https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/4sbifvvq2jg43pfjirxwnnqjzae

All are welcome. We are expecting attendees from Kakuma today. I may try to record segments and/or capture screenshots. This is only to record the interaction with refugees and I certainly would stop recording / capturing at request and make it clearly known when I am recording / capturing. Any recording / capturing will not be published in entirety, but I may cut / splice selected sections for promotional purpose of our support and aid to refugees. 

See you there!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 03:56:27 PM

Nice to see Bow posting again, IMO good to throw up all concerns - no way to grow without critique, especially from some of the most experienced members - Bows contribution was massive and well appreciated, would be great if he were active again - even in a lighter capacity.

Absolutely. 

Bit of a spike in price overnight

To the treetop! =)

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 01:53:12 AM

Absolutely to the treetop!  Wink

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:36:46 AM

Absolutely to the treetop!  Wink
Wow, great to see a nice surge in the price =)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 02:17:26 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 02:33:24 AM by EverGreenCoin

In regards to the 2nd water well, myself and other community members in our Discord have been discussing having this 2nd well built in India, rather than Bangladesh.  

The reasons being:
  • Cost - The cost is the same.
  • Repetition - We already paid for building one well in Bangladesh. We should spread the love. This would also give us a new pushpin location on our wiki project map.  
  • Community presence - We do have community members in India. Long-standing community members will remember the hardships they experienced at the hand of a pump and dumper countrymen of theirs. Some to the tune of many, many thousands of dollars. I do feel this would be a good gesture to those community members.  
  • Timeline - As you may remember, we did experience longer than expected turnaround for completion of the 1st well in Bangladesh. I did ask a Penny Appeal representative and they did say to expect those same delays again in Bangladesh. "We are having issues with Bangladesh at the moment so I wouldn’t necessarily recommend anyone to donate a water well there...", I was told earlier today. I was advised these delays would not be present with a well in India.

For the reasons listed above, I suggest we build the 2nd water well in India. The resounding response in Discord was, "Location does not matter much. As long as we were helping those in need."

If no one has any objections to this, we will pay for the well in India this week. Please feel free to express any opinion.

Thank you for the continued support that has made this possible.

TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:40:21 AM

Placing the second well somewhere in India sounds like a great idea.
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:39:09 AM

For the reasons listed above, I suggest we build the 2nd water well in India. The resounding response in Discord was, "Location does not matter much. As long as we were helping those in need."

If no one has any objections to this, we will pay for the well in India this week. Please feel free to express any opinion.

To add to that, from the discord discussion there might be other locations as well so when we get to the 3rd, 4th etc. wells India and Bangladesh aren't the only options.

However I think India for the 2nd well works well with the reasons Steven as laid out above.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 03:06:52 PM

To add to that, from the discord discussion there might be other locations as well so when we get to the 3rd, 4th etc. wells India and Bangladesh aren't the only options.

However I think India for the 2nd well works well with the reasons Steven as laid out above.

Yes. At the same price level, Nepal and Pakistan are options we can pursue in the future also. Sir Lanka was added as an option when paying with British pounds, but not yet as an option for when paying with US dollars. To avoid conversion fees, paying with US dollars is optimal and preferred, but is not a requirement. But we certainly will explore all options in the future for additional wells.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:58:19 PM

Yes. At the same price level, Nepal and Pakistan are options we can pursue in the future also. Sir Lanka was added as an option when paying with British pounds, but not yet as an option for when paying with US dollars. To avoid conversion fees, paying with US dollars is optimal and preferred, but is not a requirement. But we certainly will explore all options in the future for additional wells.

I'll check out where my charity staking is pushing to tomorrow - will be good to help build more wells =)

Internet is back here again - I've been struggling with massive packet loss for two weeks
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:00:35 PM

In regards to the 2nd water well, myself and other community members in our Discord have been discussing having this 2nd well built in India, rather than Bangladesh.  

The reasons being:
  • Repetition - We already paid for building one well in Bangladesh. We should spread the love. This would also give us a new pushpin location on our wiki project map.  
  • Community presence - We do have community members in India. Long-standing community members will remember the hardships they experienced at the hand of a pump and dumper countrymen of theirs. Some to the tune of many, many thousands of dollars. I do feel this would be a good gesture to those community members.  
  • Timeline - As you may remember, we did experience longer than expected turnaround for completion of the 1st well in Bangladesh. I did ask a Penny Appeal representative and they did say to expect those same delays again in Bangladesh. "We are having issues with Bangladesh at the moment so I wouldn’t necessarily recommend anyone to donate a water well there...", I was told earlier today. I was advised these delays would not be present with a well in India.

Completely agree that it makes sense to build in different places - I was looking at Africa last year too, but the cost of building there was much higher per well for various reasons
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 06:38:49 PM

I am pleased to announce, The EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. has been approved for charity status by PayPal and we are now enrolled in PayPal Giving Fund.

PayPal Giving Fund is a very large platform, connecting us to 100+ million potential donors and sets of eyes! By being enrolled in PayPal Giving Fund we are automatically added to other sites as a charity such as eBay for Charity, Givey, StubbHub, GoFundMe, Zakatify, and Humble Bundle.

Using funds donated via these methods will help to ensure EverGreenCoin can continue to do great things for our environment and world. All while increasing exposure of EverGreenCoin and in a very favorable light!

Any funds collected from donations will always be disclosed, as will any use of them. Use of any donated funds would always be presented to the community prior. Policies are being enacted for this procedure. The foundation does now, once again thanks to jp morgan's inexplicable account closure, have its own business banking account. This will help in separating the foundation's finances from my own and was prerequisite to application for PayPal Giving Fund's platform.

Please do not forget to mention EverGreenCoin as a charitable option for the mentioned sites to your friends and family that may frequent them! Thank you for the continued support!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 06:44:35 PM

The reasons being:

The water well in India has been paid for as of today, August 24th, 2018.

Thank you so very much for the continued support that is enabling EverGreenCoin to do these amazing efforts and bring good, beyond just financial gains for some, to the cryptocurrency industry.

I look very much forward to our next endeavors!

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:55:03 AM

The reasons being:

The water well in India has been paid for as of today, August 24th, 2018.

Thank you so very much for the continued support that is enabling EverGreenCoin to do these amazing efforts and bring good, beyond just financial gains for some, to the cryptocurrency industry.

I look very much forward to our next endeavors!

Great News! Thanks for sharing =)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 04:07:21 PM

Here is the link to today's meeting, https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/l7stuxsbwfa3fd3hwo2wqoe4gqe

All are welcome. It will be open for a few hours. Please feel free to drop by at your convenience.

See you there!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 01:35:18 AM

I am pleased to announce, The EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. has been approved for charity status by PayPal and we are now enrolled in PayPal Giving Fund.

PayPal Giving Fund is a very large platform, connecting us to 100+ million potential donors and sets of eyes! By being enrolled in PayPal Giving Fund we are automatically added to other sites as a charity such as eBay for Charity, Givey, StubbHub, GoFundMe, Zakatify, and Humble Bundle.

Using funds donated via these methods will help to ensure EverGreenCoin can continue to do great things for our environment and world. All while increasing exposure of EverGreenCoin and in a very favorable light!

Any funds collected from donations will always be disclosed, as will any use of them. Use of any donated funds would always be presented to the community prior. Policies are being enacted for this procedure. The foundation does now, once again thanks to jp morgan's inexplicable account closure, have its own business banking account. This will help in separating the foundation's finances from my own and was prerequisite to application for PayPal Giving Fund's platform.

Please do not forget to mention EverGreenCoin as a charitable option for the mentioned sites to your friends and family that may frequent them! Thank you for the continued support!

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:17:56 AM

Great progress - I missed the first message somehow =)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: