Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:39:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin® | 7% PoS | 501c3 Foundation | Android & Web | PoE  (Read 81757 times)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 09:22:21 AM

Wow, great to heat about lots of awesome developments going on here - fantastic stuff =)

Thank you kindly for saying so! =)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZipoZap

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:54:04 AM

Great things coming better be ready crypto space Smiley  Need to make you a gift Steven for EGC birthday Cheesy Continuing Support for EGC and Steven!! This guy is amazing.
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:49:49 AM

Hi, I have been away from the forums for a while.

I just had to restore my EGC wallet from a backup, but now it looks like it's missing 60% of the coins.

It looks like they are being moved along with the staking for charity transfer. I am guessing its the change address. But why isn't it being restored along with the rest of my wallet, and how do I fix it?

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 01:59:50 AM

Great things coming better be ready crypto space Smiley  Need to make you a gift Steven for EGC birthday Cheesy Continuing Support for EGC and Steven!! This guy is amazing.

Thank you for the kind words and continued support! Smiley

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 02:11:10 AM

Hi, I have been away from the forums for a while.

I just had to restore my EGC wallet from a backup, but now it looks like it's missing 60% of the coins.

It looks like they are being moved along with the staking for charity transfer. I am guessing its the change address. But why isn't it being restored along with the rest of my wallet, and how do I fix it?

Hi Kazadar, welcome back.

You should not be missing any coins. Your Staking for Charity options would be resorted to what they were at the point in time when you made the backup, change address (if any) included. This information is written in the wallet.dat file. Staking for Charity can be disabled at anytime.

Sorry you are having an issue. I am not sure I understand the issue completely. I will Personal Message you and help you get to the bottom of it.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 02:48:50 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, I was informed by energybin.com today that they can not allow us to advertise on their site. It seems the representative I was working with, Bill, was told by his management we could not. Bill's management felt this would be like advertising a bank (Walls Fargo was their example) to their customers and users on their energy component site.

I had spent a considerable amount of time explaining EverGreenCoin to Bill in prior days. At which time he did seem very receptive and I do think Bill is on our side. He did apologize for leading us to believe we would be able to advertise, but the decision was made by his management. Bill did say he would give us a free service directory listing. The service directory is a new feature, launched just weeks ago, that allegedly costs $1200 per year. Again, we are being asked to pay only $959. Because he mentioned a few months of free advertising previously, he did offer an additional 3 months, totaling 15 months.

I sincerely think we have been dealt a blow from FUD surrounding crypto in general. They are in for a half day tomorrow, not to return until Wednesday of next week. I will call and see if I can't talk to Bill's management and clear up any confusion. Yes the advertising was and is a big motivation for us to join. However; after much consideration, I do not think it alone should be a deal breaker. But yes, I will fight for it.

p.s. Community members that could not login earlier today, our evaluation account has been re-enabled until Saturday. You will now be able to login with the credentials I provided.

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:29:26 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, I was informed by energybin.com today that they can not allow us to advertise on their site. It seems the representative I was working with, Bill, was told by his management we could not. Bill's management felt this would be like advertising a bank (Walls Fargo was their example) to their customers and users on their energy component site.

I had spent a considerable amount of time explaining EverGreenCoin to Bill in prior days. At which time he did seem very receptive and I do think Bill is on our side. He did apologize for leading us to believe we would be able to advertise, but the decision was made by his management. Bill did say he would give us a free service directory listing. The service directory is a new feature, launched just weeks ago, that allegedly costs $1200 per year. Again, we are being asked to pay only $959. Because he mentioned a few months of free advertising previously, he did offer an additional 3 months, totaling 15 months.

I sincerely think we have been dealt a blow from FUD surrounding crypto in general. They are in for a half day tomorrow, not to return until Wednesday of next week. I will call and see if I can't talk to Bill's management and clear up any confusion. Yes the advertising was and is a big motivation for us to join. However; after much consideration, I do not think it alone should be a deal breaker. But yes, I will fight for it.

p.s. Community members that could not login earlier today, our evaluation account has been re-enabled until Saturday. You will now be able to login with the credentials I provided.
Sorry to hear that, was certainly worth trying - nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!
CryptoBurst

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:31:01 AM

How often do you get EGC payouts from staking?
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:33:21 AM

I usually get a couple of payouts per day, but it depends upon how many EGC you have.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:08:41 PM

I usually get a couple of payouts per day, but it depends upon how many EGC you have.
No matter how much time is between payouts, it's always 7% per year.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 10:09:13 PM

Sorry to hear that, was certainly worth trying - nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!

Thanks starmman.

I did call again today to push the issue. Bill did get off the phone with me to discuss it again with his management. I told them I would pay today if they would allowed it, hoping that might seal the deal and knowing the community would support that decision. Unfortunately, they did ultimately call me back to tell me they could not allow it. Their decision is not based on crypto FUD or distrust of EverGreenCoin, I stand corrected on that though I do sense crypto-uncertainty. It boils down to all of the advertising they do have is industry specific and they feel advertising something outside of that is not in the best interest of their users. Bill did ask me to ask the EverGreenCoin community to be understanding of that.

We will explore this and other options during tomorrow's meeting.

EDIT: I did sarcastically ask Bill if Walls Fargo is a paying customer. Wink He did get my point and I do feel he sincerely tried. An interesting thing, the CFO seemed to be the biggest resistance among his management.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 08:06:54 AM

Thanks starmman.

I did call again today to push the issue. Bill did get off the phone with me to discuss it again with his management. I told them I would pay today if they would allowed it, hoping that might seal the deal and knowing the community would support that decision. Unfortunately, they did ultimately call me back to tell me they could not allow it. Their decision is not based on crypto FUD or distrust of EverGreenCoin, I stand corrected on that though I do sense crypto-uncertainty. It boils down to all of the advertising they do have is industry specific and they feel advertising something outside of that is not in the best interest of their users. Bill did ask me to ask the EverGreenCoin community to be understanding of that.

We will explore this and other options during tomorrow's meeting.

EDIT: I did sarcastically ask Bill if Walls Fargo is a paying customer. Wink He did get my point and I do feel he sincerely tried. An interesting thing, the CFO seemed to be the biggest resistance among his management.

Money talks, in any language.

Regardless of their so called policies, if they are paid enough, they will do. Simple math, and I wholeheartedly believe that. The CFO is a money driven entity in the company, and as such will have no issue taking on board these projects that endorse what EGC stand for, especially if he is going to be rich from it also. The issue here is that EGC is doing the 'right' thing for the environment and the world, but not the pockets of those that have the power to spread the word, purely because EGC is NOT a goliath of the financial industry, and doesn't have massively deep pockets.

Greed is a painful thing to deal with mate, and honestly, is better to stay away from regardless of how lucrative the advertising space may be. It is obvious what they are after, and it ISN'T about policies OR helping.

HELP is free, a SERVICE is usually NOT!

#crysx

smokim87

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:15:04 AM

Just wondering I started donating part of my stake to the EGC advertising crowdfund to help out. Any chance next wallet update stats could be added in the wallet similar to what we see in the explorer like total amount staked, date we started staking, amount donated to charity...etc

Would like to see how much I donated to charity to see if it's enough or to move the % up more.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 08:46:37 AM

Just wondering I started donating part of my stake to the EGC advertising crowdfund to help out. Any chance next wallet update stats could be added in the wallet similar to what we see in the explorer like total amount staked, date we started staking, amount donated to charity...etc

Would like to see how much I donated to charity to see if it's enough or to move the % up more.

Hi again smokim87,

First, thanks for donating to the advertising crowdfund! That help is greatly appreciated.

That is a very interesting idea and, yes, we certainly can look into adding it into a future release. That could be some very useful information, good idea.

Related to both, we are looking to add both better crowdfund and better charity information on the website. I would like to present this information in a easier-to-digest manner for non-technical people, summarizing. Do expect this is the near future. It has been previously discussed and I apologize the time has not been found to do it yet.

Thanks again for the suggestion! It has been recorded and documented in our Discord '#suggestions' channel.

drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:23:04 AM

As gizfreak has said it works out to 7% a year. The frequency of payments will depend on how many coins are being staked. With around 1000EGC in a test wallet running 24/7 I get a reward around every 2-3 days (although sometimes it's longer if lots of others are staking).
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 04:20:29 PM

Here is the link to today's hangout, https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/gckwd3riy5e7nacp3pcjtyxn7ue

See you there!

smokim87

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:56:56 PM

Hi again smokim87,

First, thanks for donating to the advertising crowdfund! That help is greatly appreciated.

That is a very interesting idea and, yes, we certainly can look into adding it into a future release. That could be some very useful information, good idea.

Related to both, we are looking to add both better crowdfund and better charity information on the website. I would like to present this information in a easier-to-digest manner for non-technical people, summarizing. Do expect this is the near future. It has been previously discussed and I apologize the time has not been found to do it yet.

Thanks again for the suggestion! It has been recorded and documented in our Discord '#suggestions' channel.

Thanks for taking the idea under consideration Smiley

Also noticed the donations being sent from staking isn't much and the EGC crowdfund wallet doesn't have much. I've changed the % to a 100%. Donating 100% of my staking to the advertising fund indefinitely.
curv1991

Activity: 50
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:58:57 PM

Interesting, the fact this dev hasn't quitted even on hard times makes the project being to be taken in care.
viktoriybliznyk

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:18:55 PM

I wanted to thank you for your work, for not being indifferent to the people of Kenya, tell me which organizations joined the humanitarian mission? support: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clvjAGzKjew&feature=youtu.be&a=
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 02:57:58 AM

On December 25th, 2017, EverGreenCoin turns 2 years old.

In that time we have proven that we can do amazing things leveraging cryptocurrency.

All while profiting and giving back.

Making our world a better place.

I look forward to what our future holds.

Thanks for all the support!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: