Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:26:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin® | 7% PoS | 501c3 Foundation | Android & Web | PoE  (Read 81758 times)
matteo96

Activity: 151
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:53:10 PM

as the things on the 2018 roadmap are done, will we have an updated roadmap?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 11:42:35 PM

as the things on the 2018 roadmap are done, will we have an updated roadmap?

We have been planning to organize current status summaries of all goals not limited to those that were originally mapped out at the beginning of this year. We were discussing at the last meeting. While this will not be an updated roadmap per se, it will have direct correlation and will give community members a concise gauge of the goals projected in the 2018 roadmap.

It is noted to make those correlations more obvious where they apply to goals of the 2018 roadmap. Time permitting with visual aid, but at least with highlighting of some sort.

Thank you for mentioning the need for more direct correlation now, as it will help us achieve just that during drafting.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 02:07:19 AM

Hi everyone,

We are trying to gather a donation for the French Creek Valley Conservancy to be made on August 14th, 2018. An anonymous donor will be matching donations dollar-for-dollar on that day! The French Creek Valley is in Pennsylvania, USA. James Magee resides within that valley and he is familiar with the organization and does attest to its 23 year record as a non-profit helping their valley. Please read more, https://evergreencoin.org/product/french-creek-valley-conservancy/ if you are interested. The crowdfund is open and it is a new option in your staking for charity drop down menu within your EverGreenCoin wallet. We do not have many days to collect, but thank you in advance for any contribution.

Also, please know we would happily support similar efforts in your local area. Please feel free to contact via any preferred method to do so.

Again, thank you in advance for helping to make our dollar-for-dollar matched donation to the French Creek Valley Conservancy a sizable one.

Have a great day!

Looks like a nice way to spend some EverGreenCoin.

Be reminded, we only have about 24 hours left to gather our dollar-for-dollar-matched donation! Many thanks to those who have already contributed. It looks like we have broke the $100 donation amount, which will translated to $200! Please consider making our contribution an even more sizable one in the next 24 hours.

Thanks in advance! If you can't contribute yourself, perhaps a retweet might help the effort: https://twitter.com/EverGreenCoin_/status/1026503270959919115   Thank you!

We received a thank you card from French Creek Valley Conservancy. I would like to extend the thanks to all who contributed. Thank you for having made the matched donation possible!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 02:47:05 AM

Are there paid signature campaign for EverGreenCoin supporters?
I asked this question because I saw you worn a signature of EverGreenCoin.
Thanks for your response in advance.

Well, it is a bit of a long story, but no. There currently is no signature campaign organized.

If one is organized, it would be announced here and I have noted your username. Thank you for expressing your interest.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 03:55:03 PM

Here is the link to today's EGC meeting, https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/4yn7pdhlirf2dkn7wptkh7rqhae

All are welcome! See you there!

EDIT: Today will be a short meeting. I have a wedding to attend.

matteo96

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:53:42 PM

edited(i wongly double posted it)
matteo96

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:54:54 PM

i have a suggestion for the team

why don't you use ethereum codebase?

a bidirectional erc20 gateway like dogethereum would be great

for the devs, as a token would be easier to maintain and you would have all the advantages of smart contracts and off chains soultions coming on ethereum

and for the holders, as an erc20 token would automatically be on a lot of decentralized exchanges, finally bringing some volume (and it's also lot easier for traditional exchanges to list it)

and it would be possible to keep the token in hardware wallets, etc etc etc

a thing like it could bring new life to the project, i hope that you take it in cosideration
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:09:16 AM

Here is the link to today's EGC meeting, https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/4yn7pdhlirf2dkn7wptkh7rqhae

All are welcome! See you there!

EDIT: Today will be a short meeting. I have a wedding to attend.

Hope all went well! Was decorating again until 9pm - so missed the meeting =(
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 08:19:20 AM

i would LOVE to have a package for installing the wallet on fedora, and start staking

Currently for a small number of users (I'm a Fedora user as well) it's not really worth building packages for Linux Platforms (particularly as there's such a large variety if we were to also try and do package builds for Ubuntu/Debian/Raspbian etc. Linux Packages are something I'd like to do at some point (RPM and DEB) but there are other things that are more important first.

I've taken the original wiki documentation we had for building the command line version on a variety of Linuxes (include Fedora27) and (hopefully) made it easier to read as well as updating it for different versions of the code (currently tested 1.7.3 and 1.8 QT and Command line on Fedora 27).

It looks like there might be a couple of other bits to add for Fedora 28 (seeing the discussion last night) which I'll work on and try and integrate into that documentation, (un)fortunately Fedora tends to be very close to the bleeding edge (but usually well tested) so we see the issues of updated packages before they make it through to the Debian and Ubuntu world.

The updated wiki page with all this is on https://wiki.evergreencoin.org/wiki/Software/Fedora

We build for Fedora 27/28 x64 ...

We have every intention on building for CentOS 7 x64 also (the main OS for almost ALL our backend systems). I'm actually quite surprised you haven't spoken to me directly about this Steven, knowing that is the only OS we do.

When I am well enough next week, I will start on the work of the compile but hopefully you will all have it figured out by then. I am too ill to do anything on the work right now.

#crysx

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:29:11 AM

i would LOVE to have a package for installing the wallet on fedora, and start staking

Currently for a small number of users (I'm a Fedora user as well) it's not really worth building packages for Linux Platforms (particularly as there's such a large variety if we were to also try and do package builds for Ubuntu/Debian/Raspbian etc. Linux Packages are something I'd like to do at some point (RPM and DEB) but there are other things that are more important first.

I've taken the original wiki documentation we had for building the command line version on a variety of Linuxes (include Fedora27) and (hopefully) made it easier to read as well as updating it for different versions of the code (currently tested 1.7.3 and 1.8 QT and Command line on Fedora 27).

It looks like there might be a couple of other bits to add for Fedora 28 (seeing the discussion last night) which I'll work on and try and integrate into that documentation, (un)fortunately Fedora tends to be very close to the bleeding edge (but usually well tested) so we see the issues of updated packages before they make it through to the Debian and Ubuntu world.

The updated wiki page with all this is on https://wiki.evergreencoin.org/wiki/Software/Fedora

We have every intention on building for CentOS 7 x64 also (the main OS for almost ALL our backend systems). I'm actually quite surprised you haven't spoken to me directly about this Steven, knowing that is the only OS we do.

When I am well enough next week, I will start on the work of the compile but hopefully you will all have it figured out by then. I am too ill to do anything on the work right now.

#crysx

Get well soon Crysx!
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:56:10 PM

There was some discussion of this a few months ago (around page 40-42) which included links to what I've done so far on the wiki - The software page I linked to initially are still valid although I've started re-organising some of it so other pages might not exist.

You, or anyone else is welcome to contribute to that documentation or even contribute fixes or a .spec file to the main github (I know Steven is generally happy to receive pull requests).

In the case of Fedora 28 I know Steven spent a lot of time with matteo96 a few days ago trying to get it working finally with success, it looks like the latest boost libraries broke something so this will likely also affect Ubuntu and then Debian at some point in the future (I think there are now some patches in the tree to fix that although I've not looked at that in detail).

In terms of discussion of the codebase, most of that happens on Discord
Chol_gol

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:24:24 AM

egc is a terrible coin. its buy order in bittrex is less than 1 btc. it has no supporters and it may crash any time. I suggest everyone to sell it quickly and invest in other coins. I bought 2.2btc of egc at price of 0.3 dollars and sold them at 0.05 dollars totally about 0.35 btc
just get rid of this terrible coin
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:48:02 AM

egc is a terrible coin. its buy order in bittrex is less than 1 btc. it has no supporters and it may crash any time. I suggest everyone to sell it quickly and invest in other coins. I bought 2.2btc of egc at price of 0.3 dollars and sold them at 0.05 dollars totally about 0.35 btc
ECG Target for acquisition?
jimbo530

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:40:12 PM

This is not the first time Chol_gol has said that, he also say Bittrex is a scam so there is no credibility to what he says. I believe he was banned from Bittrex for undesirable trading behaviors that are bad for the industry as that is the only way i know to get banned from Bittrex. He complained about getting banned and Bittrex is a scam in one of his other posts. I see him openly asking for pump and dump targets claiming any coin he cant profit off of in that way is a scam. It is hard for me to believe the few efforts in the industry complying with US regulations and not pump and dumping are the scams to watch out for. It is sad people will log on and see that kind of stupidity posted here in our thread.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 01:12:39 PM

#crysx

Get well soon Crysx!

Thanks mate ...

Feeling much better today - the first time in two weeks.

Let the work begin Wink

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 01:18:16 PM

There was some discussion of this a few months ago (around page 40-42) which included links to what I've done so far on the wiki - The software page I linked to initially are still valid although I've started re-organising some of it so other pages might not exist.

You, or anyone else is welcome to contribute to that documentation or even contribute fixes or a .spec file to the main github (I know Steven is generally happy to receive pull requests).

In the case of Fedora 28 I know Steven spent a lot of time with matteo96 a few days ago trying to get it working finally with success, it looks like the latest boost libraries broke something so this will likely also affect Ubuntu and then Debian at some point in the future (I think there are now some patches in the tree to fix that although I've not looked at that in detail).

In terms of discussion of the codebase, most of that happens on Discord

I will look at this soon ...

There are many things that break compiles, but because Fedora itself is the precursor for the codebase for the RHEL codebase, and also bleeding edge, there will always be things that break and almost impossible to compile. BOOST libs are the worst in that department, as well as OpenSSL libs, though finally Fedora has included the secp256k1 ECC into the latest OpenSSL libs for Fedora 27/28 x64. CentOS though is another story altogether, and we have to build a (mostly) static binary for use in CentOS 7 x64 in a sandboxed environment for it to work.

Either way, will look into those links you have provided and see whether a standard and non-standard OS install works in both methods.

Much appreciated.

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 01:26:10 PM
Merited by starmman (5)

Oh FFS ...

Another imbecile on the loose.

Your justification and choice of words to use in relation to EGC as a coin AND a project are moot. YOUR decisions YOU made on the buy/sell of the coin is YOUR responsibility. The EGC team and partners have done their due diligence, as well as taken their responsibilities for the work laid have been taken very seriously, and shows in the results we ALL can see at hand. With Steven at the helm, and the team behind project, price is almost irrelevant in the broad scheme of things, especially when this is NO pump and dump, or get rich quick project. This is a project that is designed to HELP people, and our environment, NOT focus on making YOU rich with your shallow values and weak decision making (lack of) skills.

Make some valid points, and you will be heard. Ramble on like a lunatic about to lose his house because of bad decisions YOU made, then the results are clear to be seen.

Enjoy your 'losses' thanks to your own idealistic and greedy decisions. Stop blaming the coin, the project or the people behind the project, who never forced your hand at anything.

Can you tell I am feeling MUCH better from my illness? Wink

#crysx

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 10:32:58 PM

I have finally been able to record the September update, https://youtu.be/-yQMeehX6Zo

Apologies for the delay on getting that to you!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 04:49:15 AM

Mac users: Your v1.8 binary is now ready for download from https://drive.google.com/open?id=12wL_Q-HFhuNqRMYBMXuQWCDCPfTe_IMi

So very sorry for the delay in getting it to you!

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 09:23:27 PM

I have finally been able to record the September update, https://youtu.be/-yQMeehX6Zo

Apologies for the delay on getting that to you!

Thanks mate ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: