Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:56:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Did you dump the majority of your Bitcoin hodlings before 1st August?
Yes, I am a dorty cheap sellout who will do anything for a trick - 4 (9.1%)
No, I am a noble hodler and no one touchs my bags - 40 (90.9%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You A Sellout (Or Did You Hodl)?  (Read 1874 times)
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 06:14:48 AM

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:18:33 AM

With the 1st of August in mind what actions have taken or not with regards to your bags of Bitcoin?

With this particular event in mind, I first decided to move out of coinbase.com, though I never had any problems with the site, but it was way to risky to keep my coins on the site. I decided to ship them to a secure wallet and now going to sit back and watch the drama. Initially was keen on a paper wallet to, but it was to much confusing for me, so I dropped the idea. Now loving the surge.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:23:15 AM

With the 1st of August in mind what actions have taken or not with regards to your bags of Bitcoin?

The reason why I stuck to my bitcoin is that I don't have bags of it.  Grin I have a small amount and so I am not a bit worried about the coming August 1. Come what may. I know that the end will always be on the side of bitcoin. I am right so far. Bitcoin did not go down, but instead rose high.
muraqaba

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:25:15 AM

I'm holding but wish I would have sold it or moved my bitcoin until this fiasco is over with.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:25:44 AM

I prefer holding and will only sell it as needed. And also I have to save on BTC spending for the year 2020. So, use when needed and tube your BTC as much as possible, up to BTC to the moon. Keep alive and save.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:01:56 PM

Well i be holding my bag on 1st of Aug and I have recently decided to not to touch my some bitcoins for atleast 20 years, I have forgot about them. Will be Interesting to see what happens on 1st Aug, But holding is the right option, Unless you are gambler you can afford to take the risk on 1 Aug and supposedly make a profit from it.
Good expressions. I think a mad person will thinking about selling of his bitcoin this time. I hope at the end of this month, most probably that bitcoin come to his price $4000 = 1bt. I am nothing at any cost to sale out my bitcoin. I am trying to buy more bitcoin for future. If you know that a resource is limited so why not you will try the keep the limited resource of the world with yourself.
HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:22:33 PM

I prefer holding and will only sell it as needed. And also I have to save on BTC spending for the year 2020. So, use when needed and tube your BTC as much as possible, up to BTC to the moon. Keep alive and save.
Well we can think Bitcoin like money or gold, how to earning extra Bitcoin and holding more than most important. Example: Holder Bitcoin from 2015 until 2017 are earning huge profit from it, from $200 per Bitcoin to ~$3000 per Bitcoin
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:15:35 PM

I was thinking about this today and realistically, it doesn't hurt Bitcoin if people sell/trade as some lose and others win and it all balances out in the end. Think about it like the stock market... people trade every day and most noobs lose their money, but one thing about the stock market is it always rises, no matter what the circumstance.

I think the same can be said about Bitcoin. If someone sells out now and buys back in lower, it only means others lost money and that is how trading works... there is nothing destructive about it in fact we should encourage it to increase the amount of smart money in crypto...

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:36:15 PM

I see that the thread was open on 31 July 2017 when everyone was unsure about what to do with their bitcoins. However, looking at the today's price, I can say that, those who have sold out their bitcoins, is certainly regretting now. I have been saving bitcoins for a long time now and i was always positive about it. So I didn't sell off any of my bitcoins for any reason.

I am sitting on a huge profit now just by holding it, without any investment. Bitcoin is the best investment asset I have found in my entire lifetime and nothing can take its place for sure for many years to come.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:28:55 PM

I held, I will not deny that I was scared with all the FUD going on but I decided to trust bitcoin and the results are there for everyone to see, bitcoin seems to be as strong as ever and it seems we are finally reaching the point were bitcoin is going to skyrocket.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:41:13 PM

With this particular event in mind, I first decided to move out of coinbase.com, though I never had any problems with the site, but it was way to risky to keep my coins on the site. I decided to ship them to a secure wallet and now going to sit back and watch the drama. Initially was keen on a paper wallet to, but it was to much confusing for me, so I dropped the idea. Now loving the surge.
Yeah everyone would of course to take a safe action as you did ,
Very few people who instead sell their bitcoin , they keep investing to take a bigger profit in bigger risk ,
All of them are so worth i guess as we can see it now the situation opposite with our fear ,
Bitcoin and the new altcoin splitted from bitcoin has a strong market with good value , keep holding as long as you can afford.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:47:38 PM

I did both, I did sold some of my bitcoins as I need to buy some important land property that was given to my mom as a gift. And still  have some bitcoins left on my pocket(wallet) and will do nothing for it until I've seen the price of bitcoin reaching $5,000 very soon or else I've gotta sell it again.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1343

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:49:29 PM

I held everything, got my BCC, sold most of that for 0.15, cashed out free money. I've been paying all my bills and expenses with the money from my BCC sale (should be enough for another month) and holding my BTC. I hope we'll see it go up even more this year.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:14:22 PM

It is still good to hold our coins in a long term. Were everyone here are doing the same thing for believing they could get a lot of
benefits of it. Just be patience in waiting always calm and control our emotion and don't get attract or panic so easily if the price drop.
helars2008

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:07:25 AM

Hodl...
Ive bought various altcoins last month as recommended by my friends who is engaged in btc for years already...
My plan was just to let them stay in my wallets even for a year and see what could be the outcome after..
Yes i may lose a lot because of that... but i may also gain a lot if it increases value...
The stake is big... but bring it on!!!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:14:00 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 02:38:56 AM by GreenBits

It is still good to hold our coins in a long term. Were everyone here are doing the same thing for believing they could get a lot of
benefits of it. Just be patience in waiting always calm and control our emotion and don't get attract or panic so easily if the price drop.

Im off the train at 4k. you can pick me up at 4.2k, or leave me sitting there. it will be back, trust me.
[/quote]

Annnnd Im off. im 25% nubits/25% tether/50% coinbase usd. I have all this parked in orders that are 10% below my magical target (i would name it, but I dont want you guys to listen to my trading advice, this is just for the record). Now that Im out, I will state my mind on this.

This shit is going down.

Why are we at 4000 right now? There is no new news, no updates, no nothing. bitcoin has completely outpaced gold and I simply ask the community to ask why. I harp on gold, not because Im a gold bug but because gold is a hell of an established benchmark. if we believe in bitcoin, surely you believe in precious metal, it was the original bitcoin dammit (its deflationary properties, its trust). With something as real as gold, something man has slain his brother for since time unrecorded, why the FUCK is bitcoin multiple times its value, a thing made of secrets and information? I cant wear a bitcoin necklace; I cant put bitcoin in my catalytic converter to make my car work sparkling fresh.

People, sit down and let me rap to you.

This is a bubble. i hope im wrong, but dont let the greed blind you and harm you. Im not trying to influence anyone; while I am a shit this is not that. We are moving too fast with the price. Growth like this is unsustainable. I dont want yall to get hurt. Make a decision tonight. Hodl, and understand empirically this is the break point. or divest, and wait for a dip/crash/retraction that just may not happen. I hold for the later. time will make one of these paths a lie.

disclaimer: i will rebuy at 4200. and hodl unsteadily.

Good luck, gentle folks.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:50:15 AM

August 1st is an intense situation, most of the people dump Bitcoin and change to other coin, but I am holding it until now, and I am lucky to hold the coin because now the price went crazy, fromm the first I believe Bitcoin will either survive or will bounce back, and my feeling proved to be correct and I got extra BitcoinCash bonus

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Umbrella Holdings

Activity: 630
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:44:35 AM

I'm not sell out. My bag is full of altcoins. I'm waiting with patience. I hold Bitcoin a little bit. Let's see what happens.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:04:22 AM

"bags of Bitcoin"? really?
and it is not really a bad thing to sell you know. it should always be a risk management kind of thing.
you invest what you can afford to lose, price goes up you can sell a little to take some profit. the same thing is also true when there is a risk of a drop, you sell something to be able to take the opportunity to buy at the bottom.

your question should be "did you sell at the bottom", otherwise selling around $2500-$2700 before the $1800 drop was a very good idea.

There is a FOMO brewing...
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:30:36 AM

August 1st is an intense situation, most of the people dump Bitcoin and change to other coin, but I am holding it until now, and I am lucky to hold the coin because now the price went crazy, fromm the first I believe Bitcoin will either survive or will bounce back, and my feeling proved to be correct and I got extra BitcoinCash bonus

FUD was very strong prior to Aug 1 and I think it has swayed a few noobs to sell their bitcoin. If they have just hold on it. We all have the feeling that bitcoin will really rebound but what we didn't see is how it bounce back after. We reached $4000 very quick so one has to think if this is just a bubble or not. I hope it can really hold specially that Segwit is coming over in Aug 22. So I will continue to hold my "bags" of bitcoin. LOL.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: