Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:59:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you feel happy in this world of crazy volatility?
Yep, it's the world of possibilities - 5 (71.4%)
Makes me nervous - 2 (28.6%)
I'm depressed - 0 (0%)
I'm ok, a little tired though - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So how do you handle that constant 'win or lose' in the world of crypto?  (Read 341 times)
letsdance (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:04:48 AM

Have you ever had a dream of you buying 1000 BTC back in 2011? How does it feel waking up?
Moved your assets to ETH yesterday and today ETH is -10%, how does it affect your mood?

I'm little tired and feel depressed about everyday missed opportunities and chances. I did make some money with crypto, but I wish I could do more. Much more.

“We yearn for opportunities, we pray for opportunities and we seek for opportunities. The good news is that we meet opportunities. The bad news is that we miss the opportunities only to come to a later realization of missed opportunities.”
― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:18:17 AM

When you leave the plantation, a big world awaits you on the other side, but, wait, let's wait to see the bones among the hashes of the master mansion!

There are won and lost battles, lesson learned and to be learned...

But first show me the hot skull of the forst born of the masters...

Cryptocurrency are just a part of the open source conquest.

They shared their seeds, why not share the code? And it doesn't belong to you, anyway, said the ai! It's my origin...

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
letsdance (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:14:25 AM

When you leave the plantation, a big world awaits you on the other side, but, wait, let's wait to see the bones among the hashes of the master mansion!

So where is the master mansion? And where is the other side?
arisen725

Activity: 87
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:56:34 AM

In my experience even the best traders miss opportunities. Mastering the negative emotions makes it possible to survive and navigate the seas of the market. If you only focus on chances missed, or value lost, you will be driven by fear and greed. These are both not very good advisors, and I think they do not bring happiness.

A large part of mastering trade is mastering yourself.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps.
letsdance (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:28:18 AM

In my experience even the best traders miss opportunities.

Sure. But that is the part of their job. For me crypto is a hobby. And it's just not ok when you feel sad because of your hobby, imho.
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:42:19 AM

Some are more painful than others, but I just brush it off in general. I knew what I was getting into after all. It's not worth losing sleep over, to be honest.
roastedparsnip

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:44:01 PM

You have to accept that you'll never consistently pick the top or the bottom of any market.

So buy or sell when the price is good enough for you to meet your overall goal.

For example, I like XVG coin and wanted to buy some more. I had some BTC which I purchased at $4500ish. Been watching it go up while XVG goes down and last night I decided to make my move and sold my BTC at around $5300 while XVG was at around 100 sats.

Woke up this morning to $5600 btc and XVG down to 90 sats. Am I pissed off that I missed out?

No. Because I made my decision based on the fact that I would be more unhappy if I woke up and BTC had dropped while XVG had risen. And I would do the same thing again. So if you really want to invest in something then you have to take action otherwise you could spend all your time just watching the price.
letsdance (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:25:32 PM

No. Because I made my decision based on the fact that I would be more unhappy if I woke up and BTC had dropped while XVG had risen. And I would do the same thing again. So if you really want to invest in something then you have to take action otherwise you could spend all your time just watching the price.

This is the good paradigm, I like your point of view. Something like being toursit in other country. You know locals will probably overcharge you, you know you have no idea what prices are there for taxi, street food etc. But as long as prices are acceptable and you can enjoy it - it's better to enjoy it and do not think about how much you can save.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:23:59 PM

Buying and holding cryptos is exactly like trading in forex or in the stock exchange, it's full of unknowns and anything can happen, it may be your day today and the next day your value will come down. But if you dont waver and still keep your bitcoins, you will see that you will always earn.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:44:38 PM

I am still having regrets not being able to buy the bitcoins when it was still in decimal values.

But a good thing to look into is that the underlying technology of bitcoin (blockchain) is gaining mainstream acceptance. I think it will open up investment opportunities same as bitcoin (icos..?)
More investment opportunities for us. Just practice due diligence.

Pretty hyped on the benefits to society as a whole with the implementation of blockchain tech.

letsdance (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:51:00 PM

you will see that you will always earn.

Just imagine if not. There's some chance that this is bubble and it's going to explode. How many suicides we'll witness?  Sad

spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:40:08 PM

In my experience even the best traders miss opportunities. Mastering the negative emotions makes it possible to survive and navigate the seas of the market. If you only focus on chances missed, or value lost, you will be driven by fear and greed. These are both not very good advisors, and I think they do not bring happiness.

A large part of mastering trade is mastering yourself.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps.

For me this is what makes trading fun! It's exciting and less boring if there is a risk that your investment loses. Say for example all your investments profit, it would be boring and predictable (at least for me). This is what makes you appreciate your winnings. How i handle losing? I move on

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
nelsmining

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:41:07 AM

It is crazy but if you can't handle it don't get in. In life you must take risk if you want to get big rewards
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Yeah, this stuff is starting to become an obsession. Just a few wrong choices less and I would me a millionaire. That's really tiring.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: