Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:04:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Bitcore  (Read 674 times)
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:24:39 AM

I discovered this coin last week, it’s still relatively new. I was wondering if there’s anyone who has done an in-depth look into it. What I found interesting is that it has Segwit and 20MB blocks. Yes, it’s another altcoin born out of the block-size debate, so if that’s all you have to contribute. I am not interested; i’m looking for constructive feedback. What does this coin have to offer that bitcoin currently doesnt?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:03:58 AM

it is an altcoin just like Bitcoin cash. but the difference is that they didn't exactly build and disturb bitcoin's main chain. they instead made a new chain and cut it from bitcoin. and also they never had the money of bitcoin cash group to advertise and cause drama.

the other difference is their distribution method. to get your airdrops you need to sign a message and get manually funded with their tokens.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
johanesrobin

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:07:55 AM

I discovered this coin last week, it’s still relatively new. I was wondering if there’s anyone who has done an in-depth look into it. What I found interesting is that it has Segwit and 20MB blocks. Yes, it’s another altcoin born out of the block-size debate, so if that’s all you have to contribute. I am not interested; i’m looking for constructive feedback. What does this coin have to offer that bitcoin currently doesnt?
I am only interested in a reliable coin. BTC
I'm sure no one can compete with bitcoin. I'm afraid the coins become junk coins. Grin
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:45:23 AM

Yes the current bitcoin is split into two, Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited. Bitcoin Core is bitcoin network we use today, while Bitcoin Unlimited have same concept but block capacity is different. Currently Bitcoin Unlimited has come up with a reason to fix the shortcomings in the Bitcoin Core network so that Bitcoin transactions can become even more quickly confirmed.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:56:08 AM

Well, exactly what you just mentioned. Has bigger block sizes and segwit implementation.

I really don't think that this is necessary at this moment, especially just to create an entire new altcoin for. If you just want to have fast and free transactions there are a lot more altcoins to choose from(dogecoin, steem etc.).

IIRC bitcore has had a airdrop, didn't it?

IT's not really a direct competitor right now for bitcoin because the value is so low. The thing is that bitcoin has community support and a ton of merchants willing to accept it, bitcore and similarly bitcoin cash doesn't.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:57:54 AM

Yes the current bitcoin is split into two, Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited. Bitcoin Core is bitcoin network we use today, while Bitcoin Unlimited have same concept but block capacity is different. Currently Bitcoin Unlimited has come up with a reason to fix the shortcomings in the Bitcoin Core network so that Bitcoin transactions can become even more quickly confirmed.
You seem to have been living under a rock.

BitCore is trash.  It has a high max block size and short block times, but these things are just for them to boast about supposedly having a high capacity.  The reality is that if it's ever worth something it'll be out of hype from how much it "could" process rather than what it actually does.

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:02:32 AM

Well, exactly what you just mentioned. Has bigger block sizes and segwit implementation.

I really don't think that this is necessary at this moment, especially just to create an entire new altcoin for. If you just want to have fast and free transactions there are a lot more altcoins to choose from(dogecoin, steem etc.).

IIRC bitcore has had a airdrop, didn't it?

IT's not really a direct competitor right now for bitcoin because the value is so low. The thing is that bitcoin has community support and a ton of merchants willing to accept it, bitcore and similarly bitcoin cash doesn't.
Yes, bitcore does have an airdrop even those large blocks wont really get the interest of pure bitcoin users that's why it would really remain strong. Now we are on Bitcoin cash thing which I would say it would go the same way with Bitcore but well we cant still judge as of now since BCC isn't out yet and we cant still see the interest of people on it but it would surely go in two ways either fail or succeed.
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:07:57 AM

it is an altcoin just like Bitcoin cash. but the difference is that they didn't exactly build and disturb bitcoin's main chain. they instead made a new chain and cut it from bitcoin. and also they never had the money of bitcoin cash group to advertise and cause drama.

the other difference is their distribution method. to get your airdrops you need to sign a message and get manually funded with their tokens.

Thank you for your response. I saw the part about claiming airdrops on their website and I was not sure what it meant. It makes sense that they started their own new chain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: