Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:40:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATED]: [BREAKING NEWS]: It Is Now 1st August 12:20 UTC  (Read 7230 times)
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:07:21 PM

I cant see any effects on bitcoin so far, as i can see the price of bitcoin are still strong but i dont know if the split happened already. In my view maybe theres  a small affect on bitcoin price but it will not beat the bitcoin itself.
Yes. BTC price is higher than 24 hours ago. It is getting stronger.

BTC is rising because the update went well, BCC split has nothing to do with the update itself.
This does not mean that the BTC price won´t be affected by the BCC fork.

So does all this not make a problem on bitcoin? or make the bitcoin price increasing. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
botolo86

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:17:23 PM

So far, no chain split detected. I also see that the BCC nodes are far behind regular nodes. If at one point BCC will finally mine another node, but this will be super old, does it mean that other nodes will just reject it?
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:31:26 PM

Bitcoin ABC  Grin
What is bitcoin abc? I just heard it.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:42:03 PM

Bitcoin ABC  Grin

I THINK he means Bitcoin "by the numbers" or, this is elementary my Dear Watson...  Cheesy

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
73blazer

Activity: 111
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:50:12 PM

Bitcoin ABC  Grin

It's their new crapcoin node software : https://bitnodes.21.co/nodes/
Someone spun up ~4000 nodes of it in the last few hours. Most all of them Amazon AWS based .. so they must be rich if they want to actually use the nodes.
vinaha

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:20:31 PM

Best practices to be safe after the fork. Hopefully this will help some people still unclear on how to do things.

1-    Wait until after the fork when a few BCC blocks have been mined. There is no hurry, you can wait a day, a week, etc. Copy the BTC private key where you have your BTC funds.

2-    Move all your bitcoin BTC to a new wallet with a new private key. BCC has replay protection, so you will be able
to move your BTC without moving your BCC.

3-    Wait until your Bitcoin BTC is confirmed in the new wallet. Be sure to complete steps 1-3 before moving to step 4.

4-    Install a Bitcoin Cash (BCC) wallet and enter the private keys of the original wallet (the wallet you just moved
your Bitcoin BTC out of). To be maximally safe, the BCC wallet should be installed on a different machine than the one
that has your new Bitcoin BTC wallet on it. You can find a list of BCC wallets on the Bitcoin Cash website.

5-    This step isn’t necessary, but as a final step you may want to move your BCC to a new BCC wallet with a new private key, just to help ensure you don’t mistake your BCC wallet address for the BTC address it used to be.

good advice.
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:08:04 PM

I cant see any effects on bitcoin so far, as i can see the price of bitcoin are still strong but i dont know if the split happened already. In my view maybe theres  a small affect on bitcoin price but it will not beat the bitcoin itself.

BTC is rising because the update went well, BCC split has nothing to do with the update itself.

So does all this not make a problem on bitcoin? or make the bitcoin price increasing. Wink

Yes, bitcoin price will surely increase. It already increased from 1900$ to 2700+ $ a week ago when BIP91 was locked in. And now it is somewhat stable between 2650 to 2850$ and it is a very good price. One cannot expect bitcoin price to rise to 4000$ or 5000$ in a day or week as most bitcoin experts were claiming that bitcoin will cross 4000$ if softfork happen on August 1. The point missed here is that it will surely go up and beyond 4000$ but it will not happen in a day or two.

virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:11:47 PM

Yes, bitcoin price will surely increase. It already increased from 1900$ to 2700+ $ a week ago when BIP91 was locked in. And now it is somewhat stable between 2650 to 2850$ and it is a very good price. One cannot expect bitcoin price to rise to 4000$ or 5000$ in a day or week as most bitcoin experts were claiming that bitcoin will cross 4000$ if softfork happen on August 1. The point missed here is that it will surely go up and beyond 4000$ but it will not happen in a day or two.

I really wonder why people are so much greedy and do not settle with price of 2700 Dollars. Remember in January 2017, we were happy that bitcoin reached 1000$ . Who would have thought that in the matter of six months we shall be near the 3000$ Bitcoin price. The current price of bitcoin is very attractive and i wish it remain stable on here for many weeks after the fork.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:05:19 PM

I don't understand what will happen after 1st August and What was happen on 1st August? Somebody, please explain this. So, It will be great for me. Advanced Thanks a lot.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: