Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:35:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Working RX 570 and 580 cards together?  (Read 420 times)
Berque (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:48:07 AM

Hello all,
I am currently trying to set up a rig with 3 different cards. Due to the  stock problem Smiley

1: MSI Armor RX 580
2: Sapphire RX580 Nitro+
3: Sapphire RX570 Nitro+

So, I have got 2 of RX580 and 1 RX570 based cards.
First two has no problems. I've installed latest driver, modded them (bios), a little OC and i can see around 29 MHs on MSI and 30 MHs around Sapphire.

But for the RX570, i can not run it at all. Before the bios Flash i could see around 24 MHs, but when I modded the card -tried 3 different bios- i got the error code 43. And a little (!) mark on the device manager.

Even when I didn't flash the main BIOS and only flashed the second BIOS ( probably called OC Bios or Silent bios, not sure ) and boot with the main BIOS, the (!) mark is still there. And miner crashes before doing anything.

I have also tried the "atikmdag-patcher". Didn't work even after reboot. So i restored from the same application, and rebooted again.

Right now, i deleted the drivers using DDU, disabled automatic windows driver updates, installed drivers using the automatic card finder & driver installer tool of AMD crimson. Still have that mark and code 43.

In ati bios flash utility i can not see the card as rx570. I can see two RX 580 cards, and one "ATI Radeon Polaris 10"

Is there anything you can suggest me? I would be deeply appreciate.
Thanks! Smiley
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:50:51 AM

I think with the patcher thing timing is very important, here's what i suggest you would do, first flash all the bios roms you want, reinstall the driver (not just with DDU, i mean delete AMD folder from your C partition and then reinstall the whole driver again), then go to your Device manager, point your three cards to the driver folder, you'll then get that error, use the patcher and restart.
Berque (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:02:48 PM

Here's what I've done,

* Deleted the drivers using DDU and cleaned C:/AMD folder
* Reboot
* As i was suspecting about the custom rom of RX 570 (bios), so i flashed to another version.
* Reboot
* Then downloaded the official Crimson auto-driver finder app, latest version. And installed it.
* Reboot
* Using device manager, i tried to show C:/Amd folder to each card, but it said "already the newest drivers installed"
* Ta-da! it was all running smoothly, without that (!) mark in the device manager.

Now, there are only 2 problems remaining.
1- Sapphire TRIXX software, and MSI AFTERBURNER software, they both can detect my cards but both can only control fan speeds, and can show the heat. I cannot OC anymore using them. Probably a driver mistake because with an older driver i could control them, but then with the old driver i was having (!) in device manager Sad

So as i can not OC anymore, the RX 580 cards are somehow by default working on around 30 MHs, but the RX570 one doesnt go higher than 23 MHs Sad

2- I am not very satisfied about the custom rom of RX570. Is there anyone using a good bios for it? I would be so highly appreciate if someone would share that Smiley
The details of the card : Sapphire RX570 Nitro+ 8GB with Micron memory

Thank you a lot <3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: