Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 07:18:59 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COINBASE ALTERNATIVES  (Read 1022 times)
Karabungah

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:00:27 AM

I’m trying to make my first bitcoin purchase and everything I read/watch about bitcoins recommends using Coinbase at some point during the acquisition or set up process. So far, I’ve had terrible experiences with Coinbase. I tried signing up in May and around that time they apparently had issues with their authentication, ticketing systems, purchasing systems and various other features. My ticket has been sitting unanswered with them for almost 2 months now and I’ve been unable to verify a method of purchase with them.

TL;DR I’m looking for a good alternative for Coinbase for both setting up a wallet and getting an address and for funding that wallet. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:11:33 AM

Yes they suck, but other places suck just as bad or worse.  You could
try getting verified on kraken, as I heard they're OK.  There aren't many
places around that can do quick fiat--> btc transactions anymore.
Circle used to be the best alternative,  but they sold out and stopped
doing it.

You might consider doing deals on this forum,  but it'll probably cost
you a premium.
Tipstar

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:16:30 AM

I’m trying to make my first bitcoin purchase and everything I read/watch about bitcoins recommends using Coinbase at some point during the acquisition or set up process. So far, I’ve had terrible experiences with Coinbase. I tried signing up in May and around that time they apparently had issues with their authentication, ticketing systems, purchasing systems and various other features. My ticket has been sitting unanswered with them for almost 2 months now and I’ve been unable to verify a method of purchase with them.

TL;DR I’m looking for a good alternative for Coinbase for both setting up a wallet and getting an address and for funding that wallet. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Try finding local bitcoin users who would be glad to buy and sell bitcoins directly to your currency. In that way you'll save some fees. You're likely to meet some in your neighborhood as the bitcoin community is huge.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
cryptoisdafuture

Activity: 127

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:53:48 AM

Did you try GDAX? They have 0 $ limit trading fees, which is a huge advantage over CoinBase which charges an arm and a leg for every transcation as well as offers a different price for buy/sell differing by 0.30$ on each side of the actual price.
bite

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:35:57 PM

Funding the wallet, the best in the West,  bitonic.nl  there margin might be a little steep, otherwise never no problems, cash in or cash
 out, only a phone call away if you need them, how business should be.
 From here you must send it to your btc wallet immediately.

Setting up a wallet and getting an address are both the same and depends on what you want if for, gambling, investing, purchase
 online?

ranman09

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:52:58 AM

Are you looking for a wallet to use? For bitcoin? Well many suggest using wallets that you can have the private keys.. Coinbase is an exchange and not a wallet. You can use Electrum as a bitcoin wallet. You can fund by sending coins to its addresses..

maeusi

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:12:05 PM

I changed from coinbase to coinomi, because I can choose my own fees, its a multiwallet and I have my private keys. The only problem is, that adresses seem unabled to be siģned.

▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████                                ▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄
    ▄███████▀▀   ▀▀██████                              ██████   ██████   ██████
   ▄██████▀        ██████                              ▀████▀   ▀████▀   ▀████▀
  ▐██████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
  ██████
 ▐██████
 ██████      ███████████▌    ████████▄▄       ▄███▌     ▄██████████ ███████████▌
▐██████      ███████████    ▐███   ▀███▌     ▄████▌     ███▌           ▐███
██████▌          ██████▌    ███▌    ███▌    ███▀███     ███            ███▌
██████▌          ██████    ▐███▄▄▄▄███▀    ███  ███    ▐█████████      ███
███████         ███████    ████▀▀▀███▄    ███   ███▌   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▐███
 ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▐███     ███  ▄██████████▌  ▐███            ███▌
  ▀████████████████▀      ███▌    ▐███ ▄███     ▐███  ███▌           ▐███
     ▀▀███████▀▀▀         ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█

▄▄▄    ▄▄██▄▄
                   ██▀▀██████████
                  ██     ████████
                 ▐█▀      ▀████▀
   ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄██████████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████████████▄
▐██████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████   ▀██████▀   ███████████
 █████████▌    ██████    ██████████
  ▀██████████████████████████████▀
   ▀████████▀▀████████▀▀████████▀
     ▀███████▄        ▄████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
soothaa

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:18:28 PM

I changed from coinbase to coinomi, because I can choose my own fees, its a multiwallet and I have my private keys. The only problem is, that adresses seem unabled to be siģned.
This is the first I have heard of coinomi - it looks pretty nice but the coin support is extremely strange. They support some really old coins that have long lost support and none of the recent hot ones which really throws me. I am trying to make bigger investments these days but I am too afraid to keep my coins I plan on long terming in an exchange for obvious reasons. Between this wallet and Jaxx I still do not have the wallets needed for the majority of my holdings.

Tired of shitty ICOs, unprofessional teams, pointless projects?
The HALO Platform has all the best qualities of any platform out there! Check them out!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2164260.0
ranman09

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:01:35 AM

This is the first I have heard of coinomi - it looks pretty nice but the coin support is extremely strange. They support some really old coins that have long lost support and none of the recent hot ones which really throws me. I am trying to make bigger investments these days but I am too afraid to keep my coins I plan on long terming in an exchange for obvious reasons. Between this wallet and Jaxx I still do not have the wallets needed for the majority of my holdings.

I think up until now there aint no wallet that could support large amount of good alt coins, I dont know about cold storages like trezors. I think they're about to do so but only those who are hot.

cryptoisdafuture

Activity: 127

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:50:14 AM

Bittrex is decent with a good support of many good altcoins. You can only buy using ETH/ BTC there though, no fiat currency. Also you can't move money out until filling out personal info, which is a bummer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.