Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:54:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PROJECT] P2P Escrow Coin for Fast Point of Sale Systems (POS)  (Read 589 times)
usscfounder (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:45:43 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2013, 07:12:04 PM by usscfounder

This is a project for an alt-coin that I would like to request to be made. I got the idea while replying to a post here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208327.0

Here is a Quote from the above post:

How about an p2p escrow ledger with a Point of Sale Passcode.

For example lets say I am on my way to Walmart.

1. I tell my altcoin client to reserve 20 coins for walmarts use with a time limit of 24 hours.
2. I then reserve the amount using walmarts public key to reserve the amount in my wallet.
3. the altcoin network will remove the coins from my wallet and put them in escrow.
4. the coins cannot be sent to anyone or spent by anyone who does not have walmarts private key.
5. I goto walmart and spend 10 coins.
6. Walmart altcoin client sees that there is a reserve amount of 20 coins with walmarts public key signature.
7. Walmart then receives 10 coins from the reserve and using its private key releases the rest of the coins back into my wallet freeing up the remaining 10 coins for me to spend.

This is just an idea on how to speed up transactions.

Let me know what you think.  

You can also incorporate a passcode into step 2. that way if Walmart is part of a group of retailers sharing the same private key then I can keep a larger amount in p2p escrow for use with multiple retailers. the only retailers that could take money out would be those that I am present in with my passcode ready.

The above solution could also be used like a giftcard. Simply by using the merchants public key you can load coins to be used at that merchant or group of merchants using parent and sub-keys.

A merchant would not have to do confirmations at all because they could look directly into their key-wallet and see the funds are already there before you even arrive at the location. They would not be able to spend the funds without your pass-code.

1. Bob sends Alice 100 coins using Alice's public key. Altcoin client removes 100 coins from Bob's wallet. Altcoin client sets 24 hour time limit on transaction. Passcode must be entered into transaction before time limit or funds get returned. Altcoin client sends coins to the Cloud secured by Alice's public key. Bob cannot retrieve funds until after time limit expires.
2. Alice receives coins in key wallet and verifies coins with private key.
3. Alice cannot spend coins without bobs pass-code.
4. Bob meets Alice in person and inspects merchandise.
5. Bob sees merchandise is good and gives Alice pass-code to unlock coins.
6. If merchandise is bad Bob does not give Alice pass-code and the funds are returned to Bob's wallet when the 24 hour time limit expires.   

I believe we can take the Litecoin client and modify it to perform what is stated above.

Is there anyone who is willing to get together and colaborate on a coin for fast Point of Sale Transactions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
usscfounder (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:57:06 PM

The system could also be used for e-bay and the postal delivery service:

1. a seller on e-bay want to sell you a mining rig for 100 altcoins
1. e-bay seller gives you his public key
2. You reserve into escrow 100 altcoins using the public keys of the e-bay seller, e-bay, and UPS delivery service. The altcoin client removes the 100 altcoins from your wallet and puts them into the cloud secured by the public keys of the e-bay seller, e-bay, and the UPS delivery service.
3. Upon completion of the sale ebay signs the transaction with their private key.
4. Upon delivery and inspection of the mining rig the UPS delivery man signs the transaction with his private key.
5. When all the transaction has been signed by all of the private keys (matching the public keys already incorporated into the transaction) the 100 altcoins are transferred to the e-bay seller.

anyone else have input?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: