Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much does an ICO cost?  (Read 940 times)
benjamin07 (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:56:43 PM

Hi,

I'm in the construction industry. We somtimes get a syndicate together to develop a piece of land, but 6 otr 7 people only get small projects done.

In Australia, large developers are taking over; there are fewer small and medium size developments these days as new developments of 400, 700, 1800 and even 3000 apartments are spawned more frequently.

The minimum size for a profitable development nowadays is 20+ houses on a piece of land. Anything smaller is you're just keeping yourself busy.

The construction cost is pretty well determined, we estimate it very accurately. The variable in the equation is the land + earth moving + economy of scale: houses on remote land will not sell for much and terraformation costs more, but the land itself is dirt cheap. On the other hand, land in prime location is very expensive and the assets you build on top get very good valuation.

In legal terms the sydndicate is a Unit Trust and ther trustee is the development company for the project. I think you get the picutre where this is heading at.

I do not have enough time to learn how to create a contract on the Ethereum chain nor do I event want to, jsut in case I forget a line of code and everyone loses their money.

How much does it cost to get a professional to set up an ICO that will act as a unit trust and disburses payments?

There is no magic/funny money: no Pre-ICO discounted offers of any sort: just accumulation of expression of interest backed up by funding and the size of the developmet is selected based on the funds received. The balance of the money after construction completion (occupancy certification) will refunded as step #1, and in step #2 payments will be distributed as the houses are sold, or if there is significant interest then the trust will retain ownership of the assets for long term holding. This results in lower initial return but much more cumulative revenue than sale upon completion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
luz3rrul3z

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Progress is the realization of UTOPIA's

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:07:13 PM

Hi Benjamin
I am an Architect (building). If you need any sort of help, let me know please.

Thanks in advance.

BTC Tip Me @ 1AsrsSYUtHdhJ6SARJD5aK52ydKUBGVzuu
benjamin07 (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:02:22 AM

Hi luz3rrul3z, thanks for the info, will keep it in mind.

Just to clarify one thing: the Builder(s) already have the house designs ready it's a pick and choose. The development will be sold as house + land packages. We will get the DA approved for such. The actual architectural work is in subdivisions: making best use of the land given the slopes and orientation etc.

This is not a new invention; the novelty is that instead of there being one (1) developer or a small syndicate, it can be anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: