Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:33:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | NEO Smart Economy⚡Now a Top 10 Cryptocurrency⚡| Official Thread |Updated Aug10  (Read 241222 times)
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:28:16 AM

Open source code right? ask yourself if this is an open source code project that means some body could copy paste it at any time, it's not like only Chinese know how to code and be developer, no we have millions of people capable of doing whatever they are doing. while we could have another platform exactly as same as NEO, there is nothing special about this. I wonder why the price started to get pumped after Chinese got hundreds of millions from selling their BCH? that's just a coincidence or what? heck all the crypto got pumped a week after the split. and now I've heard we could run a node if we had 10K NEO, what else you guys want maybe a BJ while wearing your pretty suits. I will advise people to stop using coinmarketcap and any other site doing the same thing as listing private tokens as decentralized currencies.

🖤😏

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:30:23 AM

Huge manipulation..   Grin

so people are buying a coin only have 8 validation nodes?

that's silly !  

and paying a lot for it!

That is not true at all and I already discussed that matter in detail at the original Antshares thread and this shill called 'onetwo12' purposefully does not even quote my responses properly to further cloud the matter. Glad to know 'Onetwo12' seems to be an Ethereum shill as that way we can get back at such a shill in a way that it hurts. I am sure the BCC crowd is interested in doing another couple of forks with some other projects like.....Ethereum until you have 30 different versions and none have much legitimacy left. So you two have a choice to play nice or we can 'fork' you over.

that's a huge manipulation.. you know that.

i do not think Neo contribute anything new to Blockchain industry.

everything you can do on Ethereum..

also Ethereum is much much better than this normal project write in C#...

yes, it still only have 8 validation node, that's the truth.   Wink

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Kapppa

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:10:36 AM

Seeing a lot of hate in this thread. I think we got a lot of salty people who didn't get in early enough to make any real gains  Cheesy  Grin
onetwo12

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:38:23 AM

Seeing a lot of hate in this thread. I think we got a lot of salty people who didn't get in early enough to make any real gains  Cheesy  Grin

it's not about hate, yes you can make money for sure, since a lot of people know nothing about technology or Blockchain..

you can even make money through a ponzi scheme.. that does not means ponzi scheme is a good thing!

what i want to say is it's huge manipulation and huge fake volume.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
indijim

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:39:08 AM

Is something wrong? There's been only two confirmations in the last 30 minutes or so. And the blockchain is not coming up on the browser.
indijim

Activity: 471

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:50:57 AM

No confirmation in my transaction history, since before my last comment, and they are supposed to happen every 15 seconds. Precisely when I sent some GAS. Can anyone else confirm?
ZoranGajic

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:22:16 AM

So how far do you guys think we are from actual ICOs start happening on NEO network? What is their current state of development? I read the paper and went through their website but I think I missed some info on what are they doing with NEO at this very moment?

Also what do you think is the main reason for the price surge in last 2 days? I woke up yesterday and price almost doubled over night lol  Grin
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:00:34 AM

I think this will keep rising. Ethereum is great but why should there only be one?
We have several vendors of automobiles that are succesfull aswell. So ETH will grow, but NEO will grow also.
loremipsum

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:05:41 AM

So how far do you guys think we are from actual ICOs start happening on NEO network? What is their current state of development? I read the paper and went through their website but I think I missed some info on what are they doing with NEO at this very moment?

Also what do you think is the main reason for the price surge in last 2 days? I woke up yesterday and price almost doubled over night lol  Grin

This is the first ICO launching:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/6se0iv/first_ico_on_neo_blockchain/

tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:13:39 AM

How to create smart contracts with neo platform  ? Any tutorial ? video ?

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
tyrantis

Activity: 313

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:24:34 AM

the NEO's price is up too much.i want know what happened.i think it is pursuing eth. it will be successful in the future.i will buy some to keep it.

JeremyB

Activity: 812
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:29:28 AM

This is the first ICO launching:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/6se0iv/first_ico_on_neo_blockchain/

Thanks for this information!
May be valuable to spend some neo on it. 1st NEO ICO might be good  Wink
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:32:45 AM

This coin has grown too much in such a short time, it is very scary to get in now...

That's what everybody said about ETH when it was $50, I expect NEO to match or exceed ETH at some in the coming months to a year. Also consider ETH has a circulating supply of 93M while NEO only has a 50M circulating supply, so it may go significantly higher than ETH. Wait till the ICO's start rolling out on NEO and these prices will look cheap IMO.
Let have some ratios so that we can roughly gauge the price.
1. baidu/google stock market capitalization
2. tencent / facebook stock market capitalization
3. no of full time developer (NEOS = 6)/ ETH developer.
4. youku revenue vs youtube revenue any other indicators are welcome.

Now NEOS maket cap vs Eth market cap = 2.6/28 (roughly 10%)
I expect the max it can be up to 50% ETH price but I think it will crash first before reaching newer height.
just my 2 cents

It could crash, or it may consolidate in the 40 - 60 range for a bit, but there is obviously much demand for this coin. Most alts are in bearish or standing still period while NEO keeps showing great strength. A consolidation phase would be healthy.
Ashara

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:43:16 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 11:14:59 AM by Ashara

Also what do you think is the main reason for the price surge in last 2 days? I woke up yesterday and price almost doubled over night lol  Grin

The first two NEO ICOs are Red Pulse and ALIS Media. The City of Zion team is working on porting various dAPPs from the Ethereum platform onto NEO (among other matters). The NEO core developers are working on providing support for more programming languages for the NEO platform, so that it will become increasingly easy to deploy dAPPs onto NEO. I believe the NEO course on how to create smart contracts is also being translated from Chinese into English. Personally I hope the next international visit of Da Hongfei and Eric Zhang will be to South Korea and after that Singapore would seem like a good location to me. Elastos will develop an operating system on which NEO can run securely (which negates hacking, phishing and other security threats). The NEO's team primary focus at the moment is the development of its ecology and in that ecology developers play a most important role. NEO will also be listed on 2 of the 3 main exchanges in Japan (might be near the end of September), an Indian exchange just added NEO and a lot of other exchanges across the globe will want to add it now that it is a top 10 blockchain with massive volume ($523 million in the last 24 hours). The NEO team is also working on decentralising the network more, but I believe the support for more programming languages takes precedence for now. New NEO wallets are also in development including hardware wallets.

The reason for the price surge is that NEO is a first class platform and people start to realise that NEO can easily solve various issues that most other blockchains struggle with such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. It has a proper concensum mechanism, supports a broad array of programming languages, will have the ability for cross-chain integration, will become proof against quantum computing, can reach thousand transactions per second now and in optimised state even 10,000, whilst Bitcoin and Ethereum will have to compromise on security to reach a fraction of that and NEO is by far the most energy efficient blockchain. Besides that NEO will enjoy far greater support in China than any other blockchain which is quickly becoming the greatest economic powerhouse in the world which will only be further enhanced by the NEO blockchain. I found the following SAP article rather insightful on the future of blockchain technology: https://www.sap.com/trends/blockchain.html#solutions

According to SAP 10% of the value of the GDP will be stored on blockchain by 2027.

In the beginning of March 2017 Ethereum had a market cap similar to what NEO now has, so personally I would not underestimate how quickly the further deployment of the NEO blockchain can take place and as more experience has been acquired along the way, the potential could be there to do this even quicker now. From what I have seen the founders of NEO will however not compromise the quality of the blockchain for speed. They genuinely want to create the best smart economy platform the world has ever seen (although they are too humble to state it like that).
JeremyB

Activity: 812
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:40:10 AM

Also what do you think is the main reason for the price surge in last 2 days? I woke up yesterday and price almost doubled over night lol  Grin

The first two NEO ICOs are Red Pulse and ALIS Media. The City of Zion team is working on porting various dAPPs from the Ethereum platform onto NEO (among other matters). The NEO core developers are working on providing support for more programming languages for the NEO platform, so that it will become increasingly easy to deploy dAPPs onto NEO. I believe the NEO course on how to create smart contracts is also being translated from Chinese into English. Personally I hope the next international visit of Da Hongfei and Eric Zhang will be to South Korea and after that Singapore would seem like a good location to me. Elastos will develop an operating system on which NEO can run securely (which negates hacking, phishing and other security threats). The NEO's team primary focus at the moment is the development of its ecology and in that ecology developers play a most important role. NEO will also be listed on 2 of the 3 main exchanges in Japan (might be near the end of September), an Indian exchange just added NEO and a lot of other exchanges across the globe will want to add it now that it is a top 10 blockchain with massive volume ($523 million in the last 24 hours). The NEO team is also working on decentralising the network more, but I believe the support for more programming languages takes precedence for now. New NEO wallets are also in development including hardware wallets.

The reason for the price surge is that NEO is a first class platform and people start to realise that NEO can easily solve various issues that most other blockchains struggle with such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. It has a proper concensum mechanism, supports a broad array of programming languages, will have the ability for cross-chain integration, will become proof against quantum computing, can reach thousand transactions per second now and in optimised state even 10,000, whilst Bitcoin and Ethereum will have to compromise on security to reach a fraction of that and NEO is by far the most energy efficient blockchain. Besides that NEO will enjoy far greater support in China than any other blockchain which is quickly becoming the greatest economic powerhouse in the world which will only be further enhanced by the NEO blockchain. I found the following SAP article rather insightful on the future of blockchain technology: https://www.sap.com/trends/blockchain.html#solutions

According to SAP 10% of the value of the GDP will be stored on blockchain by 2027.

In the beginning of March 2017 Ethereum had a market cap similar to what NEO now has, so personally I would not underestimate how quickly the further deployment of the NEO blockchain can take place and as more experience has been acquired along the way, the potential could be there to do this even quicker now. From what I have seen the founders of NEO will however not compromise the quality of the blockchain for speed. They genuinely want to create the best smart economy platform the world has ever seen (although they are too humble to state it like that).

Thanks for your post Ashara, really informative. I strongly believe in neo future too.
nocoinerx

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:26:22 PM

Which announcements happened yesterday,price increased massivly.
ButchCoolidge

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:29:03 PM

MyNeoWallet is NEO AND GAS Online web Wallet!  old style! https://www.myneowallet.io
nocoinerx

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:53:18 PM

MyNeoWallet is NEO AND GAS Online web Wallet!  old style! https://www.myneowallet.io
Scam,wallet is not endorsed or verified by either CoZ or the NEO core team.
CryptoNL

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:55:52 PM

Can NEO Become The Largest Cryptocurrency in the World? – HuffPost
Posted on August 12, 2017   

Cryptocurrencies are the talk of the town these days, and investors and programmers around the world are searching for systems that will provide the greatest level of support and return. One such currency, NEO, has the makings of the largest and most important cryptocurrency in the world.

The cryptocurrencies that most people are familiar with are Bitcoin and Ethereum. Bitcoin has been in the news because of the recent fork in the currency, resulting in Bitcoin Cash. However, the blockchain that Bitcoin is supported by is limited in its effectiveness for creating and running programs. In fact, only currencies and not programs are not possible on the Bitcoin blockchain.

Ethereum was invented four years ago as a way to both monetize the blockchain and allow for programmers to build apps and programs on the chain itself. Ethereum is both a cryptocurrency (ETH) and a blockchain that allows for smart contracts and some programming languages. Built by Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum still retains the anti-establishmentarianism of Bitcoin, while allowing for more programming and transaction applications.

NEO is the new name for the upgraded version of Antshares, a digital platform developed in China. NEO is a radically different and more powerful version of Antshares and presents massive opportunity for investors and programmers alike.

To begin with, NEO creates a unique digital economy around its token. NEO is a full integration of digital assets, digital identity, and smart contracts, creating a fully digitized economy that will be transparent and safe, and make money laundering and underground dealings difficult or impossible. Because of the ability of the new NEO blockchain system, companies and developers will be seeking to use NEO for various applications. The proliferation of smart contracts will make investment on the NEO platform simple and safe.

Second, NEO is unique among blockchain cryptocurrencies because of the versatility of the blockchain it is based on. Unlike Bitcoin, which only allows for the cryptocurrencies and no programming, NEO is very simple to learn and understand (unlike Ethereum), and has the ability to work with nearly every (90%) programming language available. NEO uses compilers compatible with Java, C#, and .NET, and will support Python, Go, and others in the near future. Unlike Ethereum, this diversity allows for a far more complex array of programs and apps that can be run on the NEO blockchain, and opens doors for extensive partnerships. With ease of learning and robust compatibility, NEO is poised to overtake Ethereum and others as the blockchain of choice.

Third, NEO is different philosophically. Rather than seeking simple rejection of the overall control of governments, NEO is designed to work within the framework of existing government control, while still providing freedom and autonomy to its users. This is a far more realistic perspective than the anti-government rhetoric of other blockchains, and will result in far greater investment and acceptance.

Fourth, NEO is not based on a proof-of-work mechanism, and so there is no mining necessary. This has been a huge detriment to both Bitcoin and ETH, as mining is so energy intensive and public opinion is turning against miners and the blockchain systems they support. NEO utilizes an ether-gas system for production and continuation, but protects the environment against over consumption of energy.

NEO, though relatively new, has already entered the top ten list of cryptocurrencies based on overall market cap. While this may seem like a small feat, a newer coin that has been recently released never enters the top ten in this way. NEO has had an explosive beginning as a cryptocurrency.

The future for NEO is bright, as the world begins to understand the complexity and simple elegance that is built into the NEO blockchain system. NEO will continue to gain market share (as already evidenced), and may surpass even Bitcoin in terms of its market share. As companies, investment firms, programmers and others realize the power and versatility of NEO, it may well grow to be the largest cryptocurrency in the world. Its design and features have positioned NEO to be massively successful in the coming years.
Ashara

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:27:53 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 02:40:55 PM by Ashara

MyNeoWallet is NEO AND GAS Online web Wallet!  old style! https://www.myneowallet.io
Scam,wallet is not endorsed or verified by either CoZ or the NEO core team.

Indeed the most important rule for NEO security is to trust no one when downloading your NEO wallet and therefore only download it from the official NEO website or from the official NEO Reddit wallet list on the right side of the page (which is not visible on mobile phones). Also never download any random programs from random individuals on cryptocurrency forums as they could contain keyloggers. Ensure you have a proper virus scanner (could be Avast or Avira) and a program against malware such as for example MalwareBytes. In case anyone accidentally downloaded such a program, ensure you have neutralised the threat before logging into your wallet (if you intend to login at all). Personally I do not even store my wallet file on the computer, but instead have paper copies of the private keys and storage of the .db3 wallet file on external storage devices located in most secure locations. I only check my balance via NEO blockchain explorers. For anyone who plans to hold long term something like this might be one of the better options besides hardware wallets (which is in development).  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: