Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:39:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WeExchange - is anyone home?  (Read 1608 times)
aldrin (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:59:24 AM

WeExchange service is very poor.

I tried to deposit $200 into my WeExchange account 11 days ago. I followed the instructions on their website to add funds in AUD - after clicking the 'add funds' link the instructions were to deposit AUD into their ANZ bank account and include a supplied reference number with the deposit. This I did.

After a number of days my account did not show the funds. I opened a support ticket on their website. After a number of days I get a reply telling me I need to have my identity verified, and the account name and the deposit name need to be the same (NO MENTION OF THAT ON THE PAGE WITH THE DEPOSIT INSTRUCTIONS). They ask if I want to change my account name to match the name of the depositor - I say yes please, and ask if I am able to do this myself.

Well that was over a week ago. They still have my $200, but have not credited my account. They have not changed my profile details, and there does not seem to be a way to edit your own profile details on the WeExchange website. They have not replied to a number of support ticket follow up messages from myself.

WeExchange support is non-existent. I have no option but to post a message here and hope they reply.

WeExchange is a scam as far as I am concerned!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aldrin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:40:54 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 08:06:57 AM by aldrin

Still waiting for a response from WeExchange (see my post on May 15 for details).

I called their 1800 phone number 4 days ago. Spoke to Graeme and was told "I'll look into it. Someone will call you back in an hour" -  BUT, No call back!! No response to my tickets or PMs here. Nothing.

I deposited $200 in their account over a month ago but have not had any success in getting this resolved, so at this stage I have to concede I've been ripped off by WeExchange for $200.  

If they do actually respond and assist me to either refund my money, or better still process my payment, I'll be happy to report back.

I'm not confident though. I think their operation is falling over.

I think WeExchange is dead.

Big Shame - as an Aussie I was really proud to think an Australian business was the first Ripple gateway.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 09:06:58 AM

try ukyo

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35121

deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:10:26 PM

He has always gotten back to me within a few days.  I'm sure he will. 

Either way, he will make it right.  If not, I'd be extremely surprised.

Ukyo

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:59:49 PM

Hello,

To be able to send us funds, the page tells you that you must be verified beforehand.

The system has been this way for weeks now. At least 3~4.

Unfortunately we are required (as Gox and others who are doing things properly) to only accept deposits from accounts with the same name and information as the person we have on file.

We will be implementing a change to the system requiring a banking document very soon that will help alleviate this problem.

I apologize that the ticket has had poor response times. Currently WeExchange is backlogged with hundreds of tickets regarding failures with the ripple system.

We have recently reached a decision and made progress towards ensuring ripple tickets will no longer be an issue, and have been manually processing all the requests for the ripple tickets.
Very soon this will no longer be an issue.

If the sending bank account was not in your name, and you are the one verified, we will have to return the funds.
If you setup the account with a wrong name by accident, then you will just need to open a ticket requesting a name change, and then provide proper ID Verification documents.

WeExchange has a new site prepping to launch, and we have a handful of beta users. The new site has details and everything presented in an easier to understand method.

If you PM me your WeExchange ticket ID, I will be more than happy to do what I can to push it through.
The above mentioned is currently the only option for you though.

I am sure everyone is probably well aware of the recent Liberty Reserve and other mass shutdowns and seizures due to not following proper AML/KYC procedures.

We are extremely committed to ensuring the safety of our business and client funds, and have specific procedures set fourth by many organizations that we pretty much roll into one over-cautious version.

I hope you can understand the reasoning behind why we must reject it, and would like to sincerely apologize for if it may not have been presented to you up front as expected.

I will have the guys put a quick notice on the current ANZ Deposit page for future reference.

Thank You,
Jon Montroll
WeExchange
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:36:00 PM

Hey Ukyo,

I've sent you a PM regarding an issue I'm having with funds in WeExchange. I'm fully verified, etc. so I assume there's just an issue with moving money to Ripple.

My biggest concern is when support tickets go unanswered, because you can't help but imagine that there's no one listening on the other end. If you have a backlog, perhaps place a notice to that effect on the Open Tickets page, and let customers know when to expect a response. In my experience, most customers will remain calm and give you the benefit of the doubt when they receive assurance that someone is working on the problem. It's the communication black hole that causes anxiety and damages your brand.

Good luck with the new site!

aldrin (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:13:00 AM

Hello,

To be able to send us funds, the page tells you that you must be verified beforehand.

The system has been this way for weeks now. At least 3~4.

Unfortunately we are required (as Gox and others who are doing things properly) to only accept deposits from accounts with the same name and information as the person we have on file.

We will be implementing a change to the system requiring a banking document very soon that will help alleviate this problem.

I apologize that the ticket has had poor response times. Currently WeExchange is backlogged with hundreds of tickets regarding failures with the ripple system.

We have recently reached a decision and made progress towards ensuring ripple tickets will no longer be an issue, and have been manually processing all the requests for the ripple tickets.
Very soon this will no longer be an issue.

If the sending bank account was not in your name, and you are the one verified, we will have to return the funds.
If you setup the account with a wrong name by accident, then you will just need to open a ticket requesting a name change, and then provide proper ID Verification documents.

WeExchange has a new site prepping to launch, and we have a handful of beta users. The new site has details and everything presented in an easier to understand method.

If you PM me your WeExchange ticket ID, I will be more than happy to do what I can to push it through.
The above mentioned is currently the only option for you though.

I am sure everyone is probably well aware of the recent Liberty Reserve and other mass shutdowns and seizures due to not following proper AML/KYC procedures.

We are extremely committed to ensuring the safety of our business and client funds, and have specific procedures set fourth by many organizations that we pretty much roll into one over-cautious version.

I hope you can understand the reasoning behind why we must reject it, and would like to sincerely apologize for if it may not have been presented to you up front as expected.

I will have the guys put a quick notice on the current ANZ Deposit page for future reference.

Thank You,
Jon Montroll
WeExchange

Thanks Jon
I have sent you a PM

aldrin (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:12:38 AM

"Houston, the payment has landed"

Thanks Jon!

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:14:26 PM

Fastest way to get an answer is going to their IRC channel:

irc.freenode.net
#weex

I had some questions yesterday and got quick replies. Smiley
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:07:42 AM

They should replace their contact page with PM Ukyo @ bitcointalk or use IRC channel:irc.freenode.net #weex
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: