Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:50:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Considering setting up as UK escrower... Need advice/feedback!  (Read 525 times)
Craynon (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:13:16 PM

Hi,

I'm fairly newish to the forums but between OTC, localbitcoins, the forum and BitBargain I reckon I've proven myself to be a fairly trustworthy trader. However, my trading volume is not massive and I don't currently have the time to scour the markets for new deals to increase my volume.

So, as a way to stay involved with bitcoins and help the community, I was thinking of setting up as a UK escrower. I will be running this service for free and hopefully I will receive tips for my services (longer or riskier escrows may incur a prearranged charge).

I will issue GPG signed contracts and in the case of a dispute I will assess all evidence available to work out whats happened.

I was thinking of doing two kinds of escrow:

1. I take Bob's BTC and Alice's fiat and once I have both, release to appropriate parties (two-tailed)
2. Or, I take either Bob's or Alice's fiat or BTC then when they confirm they have received payment, I release the currency in escrow (one-tailed)

If I was to do this, would anyone actually consider using me? If not, why not?

Also, would people expect me to jump any legal hurdles? I intend to fully register and comply with UK AML/MLR before beginning this service and will conform with EU guidelines (taking details from people involved in high-value transactions)

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Craynon

EDIT: As mentioned further down, I will initially only accept UK Bank Transfers for the fiat end. I will look into other methods (Dwolla, OKpay) if there is the demand for it

I will also escrow altcoins. I have full support for LTC already and other coins can be used if I install a client on my secure linux box. I will be prepared to do this so long as the amount being escrowed isn't tiny

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:16:39 PM

fiat, as in? paypal, bank transfers? If you're dealing with any method that is ripe for fraud (paypal, credit cards, (maybe) wire transfers), you might be scammed yourself.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Craynon (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:19:45 PM

Huh, I guess I missed out a pretty important point there!

As a UK based individual, I will only initially be accepting GBP by bank transfer. I will look into handling OKPay, Dwolla etc so I'm not restricted to the UK, but this is not my goal currently.

I will also escrow altcoins if required. Litecoins I'm already set up to do, for other coins I will install secure clients on linux box if the amount being escrowed is not tiny
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: