Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:07:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Value and the Relationship between BTC and BCH  (Read 1954 times)
Fourgh

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:08:28 PM

The real problem with Bitcoin Cash is that it's managed by a small group of people. That's antithetical to the Bitcoin decentralization ideal. It's possible that over time more people will use Bitcoin Cash and it'll become a non-centralized currency but that's yet to be seen.

Yes I agree to that. Many people will eventually transfer if more people move to Bitcoin Cash because it is highly sensationalized and about the 8MB blockchain size that devs are so proud of. I really wonder if Bitcoin Cash purpose all along is to dethrone the Bitcoin from it's dominance in the cryptocurrency domain.

richsoon

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:09:50 PM

Well BTC stayed relatively stable while BCH has pumped thus far, the combined value is above $3500 now. Many people expected BTC price to drop after the coins were paid out but the only thing that happened was the general alt market pumped, I guess because no one sold for fiat and only traded their BTC for altcoins.
worthy1

Activity: 187
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:16:31 PM

Well BTC stayed relatively stable while BCH has pumped thus far, the combined value is above $3500 now. Many people expected BTC price to drop after the coins were paid out but the only thing that happened was the general alt market pumped, I guess because no one sold for fiat and only traded their BTC for altcoins.

Not sure what you are looking at but it dropped from $2900 odd to almost the $2500, rebounded to the $2700's and back under that now. That's not remaining stable. Also after the BCH pump and dump it has dropped slightly, not gained. Considering everyone was saying they were going to dump their BCH for more BTC then it should be up over $3000, what did they do with their BCH takings?

Maybe now Polo is back BTC may move but it hasn't yet and you would think people would be hesitant to use Polo again anyway.
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:55:52 AM

I agree with a bit of what you said since and the combined value does add up to around 3K, didn’t think of it that way. Maybe Bitcoin cash will grow when bitcoin drops but I doubt it since Bitcoin cash is just an alt coin and nothing special. I will predict that a pump happens to Bitcoin cash with all this hype and then when people realise the truth the coin will starting dropping and will probably drop to 200 or somewhere like that.

An interesting event, especially with all of the FUD and hype, but it was a shame it didn’t really do much.

jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:56:46 AM

I don’t think that a lot of people realise this, but at the end of the day Bitcoin cash is just an alt coin that has the same name of Bitcoin. I think a lot of the newbies to bitcoin will jump at this chance but the veterans or the people who have invested in Bitcoin from step one will not mind too much about Bitcoin Cash.

Bitcoin cash also raises another problem to the decentralisation of Bitcoin since Bitcoin cash is managed by a small group of people therefore making it centralised and also making it oppose what makes Bitcoin special, which is that it gives people the freedom of spending.
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:53:09 AM

It looks like BCH is here to stay.  For now, it seems that the combined value of both BTC and BCH is, consistently, around $3000.  When BTC goes up by $50, BCH goes down by $50 and vice versa.  Not sure how long this relationship will last.  I do not mind for my exchange to sell off BCH now in exchange for more BTCs.

They said that Bitmain and Roger Ver were going to sell off their bitcoins and put the money into BCH after the fork and they are probably doing it right now.  That is why the price of BCH is sustaining at this moment.  Once they run out of the capital from selling bitcoins, the price of BCH will probably drop. 

If BCH made it and survived with a decent price, that would encourage more similiar Bitcoin split in the future - which is not a good thing in my humble opinion.

I agree with a bit of what you said since and the combined value does add up to around 3K, didn’t think of it that way. Maybe Bitcoin cash will grow when bitcoin drops but I doubt it since Bitcoin cash is just an alt coin and nothing special. I will predict that a pump happens to Bitcoin cash with all this hype and then when people realise the truth the coin will starting dropping and will probably drop to 200 or somewhere like that.

An interesting event, especially with all of the FUD and hype, but it was a shame it didn’t really do much.

Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:44:47 PM

I believe the reason why the BCH has its higher than expected value right now is because that many people cannot sell them due to exchange restriction (such as from Coinbase) or problem in the selling process.  Once people have access to their BCH and once people can freely sell their BCH, I would expect its price to drop significantly, and maybe, to double digits.

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: