Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:45:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xapo BCC  (Read 1329 times)
lw13 (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:58:45 AM

Hi,

anyone using xapo?

would like to ask will getting 15 BCC with free? , i having 15 BTC in xapo wallet now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:21:19 AM

Hi,

anyone using xapo?

would like to ask will getting 15 BCC with free? , i having 15 BTC in xapo wallet now.

In the event of two surviving blockchains, we will support one blockchain, the one with the most accumulated difficulty.

Xapo will give you the choice to withdraw the coins in the secondary blockchain or to let Xapo sell the coins in that secondary blockchain and automatically add that value to your account in the supported blockchain.

There is no estimated date as to when this will be determined, as it will be only when we deem it safe and sensible to do so.

https://blog.xapo.com/xapo-and-the-forks/

If you had 15 BTC on Xapo at the time of split then there are two possibilities.

1. Xapo will credit your account with 15 BCC.

2. Since you don't have access to private keys on Xapo, they will sell your BCC and convert it to BTC and add it to your existing balance.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:23:28 AM

Hi,

anyone using xapo?

Damn, you should have really moved it before all this happneed. Obviosuly right now is too late. Xapo has promised to let you be able to withdraw yoru bitcoin cash but has no sort of ETA for when this is going to happen. See the below quote from Xapo.

Xapo will give you the choice to withdraw the coins in the secondary blockchain or to let Xapo sell the coins in that secondary blockchain and automatically add that value to your account in the supported blockchain. There is no estimated date as to when this will be determined, as it will be only when we deem it safe and sensible to do so.

So, if you would like to make bitcoin transactions during a fork, you will need to move your bitcoins out of Xapo before 23:00hrs UTC on July 31st. Any funds in the Vault that you would like to use during a fork will need to be retrieved from the Vault no later than 23:00 hrs UTC on July 28th so you have sufficient time to send them out of Xapo before the fork.

If you want to transact with any secondary digital currency that is created after August 1st, you should move your funds out of Xapo now. We do not have an estimated date for when the other supported blockchain will be safe to transact.

In short, yes they will. However when they are going to do it is completely up to them. They might only start accepting bitcoin cash withdrawals when the price of each bitcoin cash has dropped significantly from right now, for example.

It's too late to change anything though. Should have moved it to a wallet that you control. 15 BCC is like 2+ BTC right now, and is quite a big amount.

lw13 (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:54:02 AM

yes.. i know its late for me..  Cry

what can i do are pray hard on bcc to having better price compare to now after im able to withdrawal from xapo.

btw, what can i do now is wait for they decided and open the withdrawal.

would like to double confirm again..
i will get 15bcc with free since i have 15btc in xapo right?
tadalox

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:43:31 AM

Is there any information on this? When they are going to convert BTC to BCC
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:40:01 PM

yes.. i know its late for me..  Cry

what can i do are pray hard on bcc to having better price compare to now after im able to withdrawal from xapo.

btw, what can i do now is wait for they decided and open the withdrawal.

would like to double confirm again..
i will get 15bcc with free since i have 15btc in xapo right?
Since there is nothing you could do about it,the split coins will be distributed at a ratio of 1:1 that means you would have got 15 BCH which is a pretty decent amount of money with the price we have right now and since you did not bother about collecting that coin the only possible way is to wait for them to announce something about it and if you get something i will consider that you are really lucky.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:41:40 PM

They haven't mentioned any time for this but they might do it when BCC will have stable network and markets will be free like normal trading. All BCC which is in trading is just internal trading so xapo might not find any reliable exchange to internally exchange your bcc for btc right now. It might take atleast 1 week for them to distribute but I think they will not share 100% of what they will get from selling your BCC.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 08:51:32 PM

I think there are some BCC holders are selling in altcoin section and also in exchange currency section there are some seller of BCC almost 15 bitcoin cash..  Or if you are holding bitcoin that you can backup your private keys better to get your own bitcoin for free but first you transfer your bitcoin to another wallet before you backup your private keys and import to electron wallet for safety of your funds. .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MellowD

Activity: 106
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:55:26 PM

yeah bcc price dropping hard and xapo makes no news about when we can get our bcc, i have 5 BTC at xapo, too  Angry
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 12:34:41 AM

yeah bcc price dropping hard and xapo makes no news about when we can get our bcc, i have 5 BTC at xapo, too  Angry
Oh, guys, we do you keep so many bitcoins in online wallet where you don't control your coins fully? It's not safest on the earth to keep btc.
And anyway, Xapo warned their users few days before August 1st that they will not credit BCH to their users. And there are no signs that they planning to do that in near future.

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:15:48 AM

Hi,

anyone using xapo?

Xapo will give you BCC or convert your BCC into BTC.

However when this happens is completely unknown. I think that the general trend is going to be very bearish for BCC because simply there are basically nobody accepting it for goods and services at the moment and has very little usage other than speculation.

So it's a pretty dirty trick played by Xapo, imo, not specifying the date this is going to happen. You could have cashed out at $400 per coin if you had your coin in a secure private key.

You should have really read the terms and conditions of Xapo's hard fork policies better before the fork. If they don't have specified dates on their timeline then don't store anything on their service. All you can do now unfortunately, is wait.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: