Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:30:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cex.io has finally credit its users BCH/BCC after all promise of support  (Read 2347 times)
joe50 (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 63

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:30:12 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 06:51:24 PM by joe50

They plan to support BCC/BCH earlier, encouraging users to deposit before the split. Now the split has taken place but nothing has happen on their site.
this is the email they sent earlier:

first email

Are You Prepared for August, 1st?

As you know, on August, 1st, a a BIP 148 UASF (a user activated soft fork) will be activated to trigger Segregated Witness. The release may result in a chain split. In this case, it is highly important that your coins are split correctly. Otherwise, you can lose funds.

Coin Splitting Without Any Hassles

CEX.IO has been actively preparing for the SegWit. If the chain split happens, then we will split your coins correctly, including the creation of new private keys and new wallets.

You are welcome to deposit your Bitcoins to your account on CEX.IO exchange, better 12 hours before August, 1st, 2017, 03:00:00 GMT+0300 (EEST).

Limitations for Bitcoin Deposits and Withdrawals

We also inform you that we will disable Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals in 12 hours before August, 1st, 2017, 03:00:00 GMT+0300 (EEST). Deposits and withdrawals for Bitcoin will be enabled again after a certain fork is supported for sure.

second email

SegWit and CEX.IO Operation Updates

According to the recent events in the cryptocurrency industry, namely the overwhelming support of SegWit2x/BIP91, SegWit is more than likely to happen without interruptions. Considering this, please be informed about the following updates:

CEX.IO is still supporting SegWit and actively following the news.
If the hard fork happens, we will split only those Bitcoins that are on accounts of CEX.IO users and deposited before the possible hard fork, namely, 12:20 PM (UTC), August, 1st.
There will be NO limitations for Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals on CEX.IO, including the 1st of August. But we reserve the right to suspend them in case of unpredictable conditions, in particular, hard fork activation. We encourage you to monitor the article on our blog for updates.
Please, let us also remind you that there is a chance of considerable Bitcoin price fluctuations on the market, which can be favourable for cryptocurrency trading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:38:26 AM

cex is a bad site, got scammed before. Go to gemini.

Campaign Manager (2018)
Karasugoi

Activity: 113
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:10:25 AM

If you don't control your private keys, then you don't own your coins.

How many times do people need to have this mantra recited ? 
Maybe Cex.io is enjoying your BCH and you get to just be their BitCH ?

| S U P E R N E T 's BarterDEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
blackice2013

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:37:34 AM

If you don't control your private keys, then you don't own your coins.

How many times do people need to have this mantra recited ? 
Maybe Cex.io is enjoying your BCH and you get to just be their BitCH ?

I dont think they are not going to give our BCH....
That will make Cex.io be the worst exchange ever...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:39:45 AM

firstly if you dont have access to the privkeys, then you dont have control.

secondly from reading the email literally. it is talking about the bip141/148 split (which has not occured).

imagine it this way
group1 want segwit via november to november miner consensus
group2 want segwit via a august first mandatory change
group3 want segwit via a july to august miner consensus

group4 want an altcoin branded bch that begins in august

the email is talking about 1.2.3... and the possible issues concerning 123 that might (but didnt) cause a split.

the group4 got a altcoin but cex never promised anything related to group4, nor mentioned anything related to BCH.

BCH is an entirely different and separate piece of drama and event that just so happen to occur on the same proposed date.
the email does not mention anything about giving access to BCH

seems cex intentionally remained subtle about what they would protect/accept to make people unaware of what cex was actually proposing to honour.

not illegal but immoral by not being clear about all possible eventualities

lesson to learn stop trusting third parties

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
joe50 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:54:57 AM

secondly from reading the email literally. it is talking about the bip141/148 split (which has not occured).

imagine it this way

the email is talking about 1.2.3... and the possible issues concerning 123 that might (but didnt) cause a split.

the group4 got a altcoin but cex never promised anything related to group4, nor mentioned anything related to BCH.

BCH is an entirely different and separate piece of drama and event that just so happen to occur on the same proposed date.

seems cex intentionally remained subtle about what they would protect/accept to make people unaware of what cex was actually proposing to honour.

so we're be freaked by the email right?
joe50 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:58:01 AM

imagine it this way

so we're be freaked by the email right?

but everyone knows this split is for bch/bcc so why complicating issues and defending them?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:04:19 AM

but everyone knows this split is for bch/bcc so why complicating issues and defending them?

everyone knows there was an intentional bch altcoin occuring

but the email was so vague/subtle to not mention bch and only mention the risks of a segwit split. that it played people about the november-august drama of segwit UASF... but never mentioned the separate BCH event

not illegal, just immoral

its like not reading the small print, and just assuming it will be ok

P.S im not defending them, im clarifying that third parties should not be trusted and people should not assume best intentions of third parties

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:20:59 AM

Cex users just got played. Even with the first mail, they didn't really commit themselves by saying users will be given the other part of the chain. I think it was a strategy to lure gullible users anyway. Like franky1 said, it is really an immoral act.
They still haven't promised anything yet though, and they still did not give anything concrete; this could mean anything unless I am mistaking the whole context;
If the hard fork happens, we will split only those Bitcoins that are on accounts of CEX.IO users and deposited before the possible hard fork, namely, 12:20 PM (UTC), August, 1st.
blackice2013

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:32:42 PM

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/1/16075276/bitcoin-cash-hard-fork-coinbase

"As a prelude to the split, Bitcoin trading platforms like CEX.io suspended Bitcoin withdrawals beforehand. CEX.io will allow both cryptocurrencies and split the coins for its customers. CEX.io chief marketing officer Eugene Kovalyk says, “Whether we will list Bitcoin Cash as a new trading pair depends on the demand. If demand is big we should consider adding it definitely...No one should lose Bitcoin Cash on our platform.” "

SOO??? where are our BCC?Huh

Cry
Alice Nuttal

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:32:30 PM

Let's wait. I am also holding BTC on cex.io. Obviously it takes some time to split BTC.
bitcoin.cash

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:46:56 AM

Let us see ...

Otherwise, this thread will be popular  Wink
bitcoin.cash

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:32:54 AM

Good email response

================

Dear xxx xxx

CEX.IO team is working on split, we need some more time to correctly split the coins. Kindly don't worry funds will be split as assured by CEX.IO

Best Regards
Xxxxx
Supervisor

================

Grin Grin Grin
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 12:46:21 PM

Good day!

Please, be patient about the split, we are working on it. More details on our blog.
Thank you for understanding!

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
bitcoin.cash

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:30:31 PM

Good day!

Please, be patient about the split, we are working on it. More details on our blog.
Thank you for understanding!

Dear Sir,

Thank you and appreciate your fast response.

Cheers,
bitcoin.cash
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 09:41:00 AM

Please be informed that we have credited Bitcoin Cash and launched BCH trading on CEX.IO. More details here.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
petahashminer
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1037

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:39:44 PM

Please be informed that we have credited Bitcoin Cash and launched BCH trading on CEX.IO. More details here.

hi,

how can we deposit bcash to cex.io ?

it seems there is no bcash wallet

Bitcoin is the path to lambo. Lambo leads to women. Women lead to marriage. Marriage leads to...suffering.
joe50 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:49:50 PM

thank you CEX.IO for BCH credit in our account.
bitcoin.cash

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:18:59 PM

Thx I see the BCH now Smiley
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:01:11 PM

Thx I see the BCH now Smiley

Me either... but it's pointless. I have BTC in few exchanges and CEX is one of the last who made BCH balances accessible. And now it's pointless as BCH price is low to 230$ instead of 700. But it's all my fault. To trust exchanges in this situaltion instead of having coins under my keys.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JamesBold

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:58:24 PM

Around July I deposited BTC into CEX and they froze my deposits, and it's still pending. They say I need to update KYC/verification. I sent them all the necessary verification including payment stubs, bank statements, exchange screenshots. It's been almost a month, and the verification process still going. I was verified before and been trading with them with decent volume, and all a sudden they slap me with additional KYC. I understand, I complied. But why the heck you gotta hold my Bitcoins? Give them back to me!!!!
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 10:07:02 AM

hi,

how can we deposit bcash to cex.io ?

it seems there is no bcash wallet

Hi! BCH deposits and withdrawals will be available soon.

CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 10:07:38 AM

Around July I deposited BTC into CEX and they froze my deposits, and it's still pending. They say I need to update KYC/verification. I sent them all the necessary verification including payment stubs, bank statements, exchange screenshots. It's been almost a month, and the verification process still going. I was verified before and been trading with them with decent volume, and all a sudden they slap me with additional KYC. I understand, I complied. But why the heck you gotta hold my Bitcoins? Give them back to me!!!!

Hi! Please, provide us with your User ID so that we could investigate the issue.

JamesBold

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:14:15 PM

Thank you, CEX. I finally got my Bitcoins unfrozen, and that's awesome, but I still did not get the BCH though credited to me. Will be reaching out to support
JamesBold

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:30:01 PM

I never got my 5.5 BCH. Support won't respond! It's been over  a month! I finally got my Bitcoins unfrozen, but I never got credited the 5.5 Bitcoin Cash coins. Did anyone else experience loss of BCH from CEX?

I've waited a long time with support no luck. CEX owes me ~5.5 BCH. They froze my account for verification from July 15th-August 8th and I had 5.5 BTC pending. Then during Aug 1 hardfork, I would have had 5.5 BCH forked Bitcoin Cash coins. But when CEX unfroze my 5.5 BTC, I never got credited the 5.5 BCH, too. It's been like 2-3 months now.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: