Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:39:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe to make transactions now?! (2 august 2017)  (Read 1627 times)
Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:05:16 AM

Yes it is safe now to make transactions because the fork now is done and all the things are now back to normal aside from other exchanges who are still on the process of fixing their disabled bitcoin wallets but if you are making transactions from your wallet alone then it is safe to execute transactions.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:11:32 PM

It was probably safe on August 1st. But yes it is completely safe to do so now. The worst thing you were going to run into before was probably a delay, most of the exchanges already announced that there was going to be increased 326 confirmations during that transition. Some of them come back down and some of them have it but yes it is completely safe to do transactions and you have nothing to worry about
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:25:27 PM

It was probably safe on August 1st. But yes it is completely safe to do so now. The worst thing you were going to run into before was probably a delay, most of the exchanges already announced that there was going to be increased 326 confirmations during that transition. Some of them come back down and some of them have it but yes it is completely safe to do transactions and you have nothing to worry about
Yes, only for precautionary measurements, it was suggested not to transact on Aug 1. Yet, it would have been safer as there was no unexpected happened due to BIP141 implementation. I believe it would be always safer NOT to transact in the events of any upgradation. We must treat it like how exchanges/gambling sites go for maintenance. It would be a mandatory thing for any service hence for bitcoin systems too.
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:25:59 PM

Hi everyone,
I was wondering whether can be safe to make transactions now without they get lost in the network ending in loosing bitcoin.
I've tried to make a transaction two hours ago for 0.007 btc (o.001 btc fee) and seems to work properly as I already received 6 confirmations.
Before proceeding with a larger sum I wanted to know who experienced delays or whathever else...
Thanks

The split took place on August 1, then a few hours later everything seemed to be stable and everyone was able to use Bitcoin as normally as before August 1. We could send, Bitcoin trading is stable without any problems. I also made a transaction and it was successful. However, if you want absolute safety when transferring large sums of money you can wait a few days to avoid the risk of loss. One more thing, I think you paid too much, you traded 0.007 BUT but the fee is 0.001, if it is due to the service charge of the wallet then I think you should change the new wallet, otherwise it will be very expensive
Jarkss

Activity: 80
Merit: 45

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:15:26 PM

I think it is safe now to transact in bitcoins as it was before. the only problem earlier is the worries about what coin will the existing wallets will support I think.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:53:33 PM

Which I know and have read in emails and news, can not and advised not to do BTC transactions only on the 1st of August, once the bitcoin transaction is normal again.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: