Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:32:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tokens Vs. Equity  (Read 736 times)
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:49:58 AM

The idea for tokens is to be used in the platform. In Ethereum, ETH is used to pay for fees when you send ETH or an ERC20 token. Its the same with other dapps built inside Ethereum. Some of them require you to use the token to use the dapp. Without the token the dapp will not work.

If you see a dapp that has no use for their token except as a form of stake to buy and sell in the exchanges then this is a pure ponzi. With dapps that require the token for the dapp to work, at least the people behind it are creating a use case for their tokens.

In conclusion owning a token with a use case in a dapp is also like owning a part of the dapp.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:27:38 AM

I do not think that coins or tokens will replace equity since equity or shares are part of a company and coins are actually considered as a currency. Equity also gives you dividends since you are a part owner of the company.

It is more likely that we can able to buy equity using our couns.
zzSunZZ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:44:54 AM

The startups who are creating market places where they use their token for services, could in fact replace the means of investing in equity? The reason, while the business increases their customer base and profits, the token also increases in value. And with the token, you can liquidate anytime, unlike equity. The only value equity has now would be ownership. Unless you have a buyer who wants control of the company, I see it difficult to actually sell equity when the token is there. Let me know your thoughts. Cheers.
I have had the honor of regularly fielding questions from intrigued friends, colleagues, and family members on all things blockchain. While I’ve played the role of expert or, at the very least, slightly more informed seeker, I have found that I have learned far more listening to and answering questions than my questioners have from my answers. Every conversation helps illuminate those aspects of blockchain that both are interesting and confusing enough to inspire probing questions from smart, intellectually curious people.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: