Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:18:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-08-02]Blockchain Split: Bitcoin Cash Was Born  (Read 2753 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:17:22 PM

A Bitcoin Hard fork has occurred yesterday, August 1. The first Bitcoin Cash (BCH) block was mined only five hours later after the launch of the hard fork at 12:20 UTC.

The first BCH blocks were mined by the Chinese mining pool, ViaBTC, and one of them exceeded the size of 1Mb (max size of a BTC block) at 1,9Mb. So far, most BCH blocks are less than 1Mb and most probably it will take a lot of time until 2Mb blocks will be mined permanently.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/blockchain-split-bitcoin-cash-was-born/
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:55:16 AM

We have to welcome the birth of Bitcoin's daughter called BitcoinCash or BCH (not BCC as it is already taken by BitconnectCoin months ago). Now, as of now BCH is enjoying a good value and it is even listed as the number 3 in Coinmarketcap in terms of capital below Ethereum which is number 2. Some are attributing this good gain of value to the fact that many exchanges have not yet allowed trading of the said coin. I have mine in Bittrex but the wallet is still on maintainance mode so there is nothing I can do with it.

Will this another altcoin survive the coming massive dump? Or will there be no massive dump in the first place? Will this be the expected threat to the throne occupied by Bitcoin? Or will this be just another hot coin that will eventually withered when exposed to stress and the rigor of the market?

All of these questions can be answered soon...so watch out, relax and just drink some cups of coffee with brown sugar added into it!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: