Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:37:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PayPie - Blockchain-Powered Risk Assessment  (Read 109504 times)
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:16:15 PM

I started posting and watching this thread like one month ago. At that time ico time and details not cleared. When I look now, it is still not clear. There are only two weeks left, please team make a statement about ico.

ICO date is known for a long time and its October 15th, maybe you are talking about pre ICO which is still unknown. I agree that they should announce it as soon as possible since everyone is anxious and we dont have much time left.

Thats makes it all so excited!
Just fill in the form to get the alert by mail when the pre-ico starts and just make sure you got your ETH ready Smiley.

I believe that this pre-sale will be sold out really fast.
Cant wait to take part of this. Keep it up team
I agree, PAYPIE - project will be very promising coin and then see it a few months later going x20 + in market price like Populous
I'm looking forward to when this happens!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:16:50 PM

I heard as per new rules it is mandatory to have a working platform before the ico to show the tokens can be spendable. Would this applies to paypie also or is it out the new rule sets because of its jurisdiction area?

Are you talking about Korea based ICOs or ICOs in general? Or China based maybe? PayPie isn't based in Korea or China, I see no problems at all

I suspect that "working platform" requirement won't be limited to only Korea. I have read an article about an USA based ICO developer getting jail time for collecting money but not developing the projects.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/29/the-sec-has-charged-two-initial-coin-offerings-with-defrauding-investors/

I am surprised the SEC is on top of ICOs in contrast to similar cases on Kickstarter where the FTC and the Washington State took action.

https://www.geekwire.com/2014/attorney-general-asylum-playing-cards-crowdfunded-project/
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/06/feds-take-first-action-against-a-failed-kickstarter-with-112k-judgment/
http://valleywag.gawker.com/it-just-got-easier-to-sue-failed-kickstarter-campaigns-1637720027
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:21:26 PM

Still any date of pre-sale? I think it may be second Popolous with 30x profit after ICO?  Huh

Well, there you can also subscribe to the notification of the beginning of pre-sale. I think it will be announced in a day or two days, and for a period of 5 days.
I really hope that I will be able to participate! Interest in this project increased very much after the announcement of the co-founder of Etherium.

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:46:08 PM

I heard as per new rules it is mandatory to have a working platform before the ico to show the tokens can be spendable. Would this applies to paypie also or is it out the new rule sets because of its jurisdiction area?

Are you talking about Korea based ICOs or ICOs in general? Or China based maybe? PayPie isn't based in Korea or China, I see no problems at all
That would make no sense. The purpose of an ICO is to raise funds to develop a product. If it's mandatory to have a working platform before the ico many good projects wouldn't be possible.

That's right!
I would also like to know where these new rules are stated, to which country they apply, etc. If it's not just a rumour or hearsay someone can provide perhaps a source.
As long as PayPie countries do not introduce regulatory regulations for ICO.
Then these are no impact on PayPie.
I am more concerned about the PayPie team's planning of the project and the current advance of PayPie.

If this is true , it would significantly decrease the number of ICO's on the market. Having a working product is no easy feat.

There are no official new rules for ALL ico's. Maybe just some new laws in Korea and China. But still a lot of other countries Smiley
Why do people really concern into this stuff? You are right no matter how they impose new laws regarding on ICO but still there are lots of countries as of now which can freely made any decisions without any laws to follow up.Just go with the traditional way.

It can make uncertainty. If Korea and China ban, others will follow?

It's a delicate market, everything is affecting bitcoin price and ico contributions. This kind of news is toxic for us.

Of course it should concern us when a country like South Korea decides to ban local ICOs. Btw. Switzerland is investigating ICOs, too. Maybe they'll make some regulations as well?
It's naive to think that these news don't have an effect at all to the success of an ICO.

I think all countries will eventually start to regulate ICO's. This is not exactly a bad thing, I think it' a good thing, there are so many scams in the ICO's. PayPie does look good and does have a solid team so I'm expecting a lot from them.
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:47:50 PM

That would make no sense. The purpose of an ICO is to raise funds to develop a product. If it's mandatory to have a working platform before the ico many good projects wouldn't be possible.

That's right!
I would also like to know where these new rules are stated, to which country they apply, etc. If it's not just a rumour or hearsay someone can provide perhaps a source.
I am more concerned about the PayPie team's planning of the project and the current advance of PayPie.

If this is true , it would significantly decrease the number of ICO's on the market. Having a working product is no easy feat.

There are no official new rules for ALL ico's. Maybe just some new laws in Korea and China. But still a lot of other countries Smiley
Why do people really concern into this stuff? You are right no matter how they impose new laws regarding on ICO but still there are lots of countries as of now which can freely made any decisions without any laws to follow up.Just go with the traditional way.

It's a delicate market, everything is affecting bitcoin price and ico contributions. This kind of news is toxic for us.

Of course it should concern us when a country like South Korea decides to ban local ICOs. Btw. Switzerland is investigating ICOs, too. Maybe they'll make some regulations as well?
It's naive to think that these news don't have an effect at all to the success of an ICO.
Why are you so afraid of countries or governments blocking ICOs? Blockchain can't be blocked. Even if whole world will ban ICO how they could prevent from investing?
itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:57:12 PM

I started posting and watching this thread like one month ago. At that time ico time and details not cleared. When I look now, it is still not clear. There are only two weeks left, please team make a statement about ico.

ICO date is known for a long time and its October 15th, maybe you are talking about pre ICO which is still unknown. I agree that they should announce it as soon as possible since everyone is anxious and we dont have much time left.

Thats makes it all so excited!
Just fill in the form to get the alert by mail when the pre-ico starts and just make sure you got your ETH ready Smiley.

I believe that this pre-sale will be sold out really fast.
Cant wait to take part of this. Keep it up team
I agree, PAYPIE - project will be very promising coin and then see it a few months later going x20 + in market price like Populous
I'm looking forward to when this happens!

That would be amazing! I thing Populous was one of the top ICOs of the year so far. I have high hopes for PayPie.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:05:08 PM

That's right!

Why are you so afraid of countries or governments blocking ICOs? Blockchain can't be blocked. Even if whole world will ban ICO how they could prevent from investing?

I am not afraid, I just think these immediate stop of ICOs might scare some newcomers, because we are just in the beginning of the acceptance of cryptos. Some of you say it doesn't matter that South Korea bans Korean ICOs, they can still participate in foreign ones. But for a Korean who just bought his first ETH and now stumbles across ICOs and learns that they are banned in his country, why should he participate in a foreign one?
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:57:45 PM

That's right!

You are right, I can't imagine how ICO can be fixed. The rocket is launched, eventually they will be regulated by the states that will be superb.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:59:48 PM

I am not afraid, I just think these immediate stop of ICOs might scare some newcomers, because we are just in the beginning of the acceptance of cryptos. Some of you say it doesn't matter that South Korea bans Korean ICOs, they can still participate in foreign ones. But for a Korean who just bought his first ETH and now stumbles across ICOs and learns that they are banned in his country, why should he participate in a foreign one?

Thats true, it will scare some new comers. But you and me also had some rough first month when we started Smiley, there is always something happening.
But we all know, crypto is just in his baby shoes, this whole ICO thing will just be a small chapter in some years. We all should be glad we are now part of it and could tell our grandchildren that we were there when it all began Smiley

Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:12:37 PM

That's right!

If they can't invest and even withdraw funds from exchanges they will want to invest this. At least they will have chances to multiply there (currently worthless ETH).
matjas

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:32:28 PM

I suspect that "working platform" requirement won't be limited to only Korea. I have read an article about an USA based ICO developer getting jail time for collecting money but not developing the projects.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/29/the-sec-has-charged-two-initial-coin-offerings-with-defrauding-investors/

I am surprised the SEC is on top of ICOs in contrast to similar cases on Kickstarter where the FTC and the Washington State took action.

https://www.geekwire.com/2014/attorney-general-asylum-playing-cards-crowdfunded-project/
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/06/feds-take-first-action-against-a-failed-kickstarter-with-112k-judgment/
http://valleywag.gawker.com/it-just-got-easier-to-sue-failed-kickstarter-campaigns-1637720027

Its kinda a paradox that on one hand we dont want government to interfere with ICOs and cryptocurrencies and are always jumping in the air when they announce some regulations but on the other hand we welcome when governmental departments are pursuing fraud and even demand them to take action against scammers in crypto world. 

cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:35:06 PM

Its kinda a paradox that on one hand we dont want government to interfere with ICOs and cryptocurrencies and are always jumping in the air when they announce some regulations but on the other hand we welcome when governmental departments are pursuing fraud and even demand them to take action against scammers in crypto world. 

It is no paradox if you consider that those people just want the best for them: no regulations, no supervision, unless they are scammed. This is hardly feasible...

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:38:00 PM

That's right!

Prohibiting, the authorities also attract new investors, the main thing is that crypto-currencies are more likely to be heard among the population. People will begin to understand this and invest in ICO, not necessarily in their country, and this is temporarily suspended.
Rigorous

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:41:39 PM

No, that is not how I look at it.

In my opinion when the government steps in, it is fixing a symptom of a flaw in the system. The system must be built in such a way that government is unnecessary. Case in point, PayPie's triple entry accounting.
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:44:47 PM

It's sure that it would be good to have a system totally decentralized, but for the moment the intervention of a centralized entity is always necessary at some point.
Rigorous

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:59:47 PM

It's sure that it would be good to have a system totally decentralized, but for the moment the intervention of a centralized entity is always necessary at some point.

Not only decentralized, they also need to be trustless. For example EtherDelta is decentralized, but had some vulnerabilities that were exploited. That is because the systems weren't trustless enough. The code needs sanity checks everywhere and it has to be tested rigorously.

However, EtherDelta does have some elements of trustless design, such as the lack of order matching. Orders don't trigger automatically, the user has to click to execute orders manually.
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:02:38 PM

Not only decentralized, they also need to be trustless. For example EtherDelta is decentralized, but had some vulnerabilities that were exploited. That is because the systems weren't trustless enough. The code needs sanity checks everywhere and it has to be tested rigorously.
each hack or vulnerability make secure product at end. currently we got revolution. Decentralization with secure product is necessary 

Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:03:44 PM

It all really depends on what kind of regulation. I think everybody is for government making sure ICO's don't scam people, except for the scammers  Cheesy
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 10:09:04 PM

No, that is not how I look at it.

In my opinion when the government steps in, it is fixing a symptom of a flaw in the system. The system must be built in such a way that government is unnecessary. Case in point, PayPie's triple entry accounting.

Some form of government intervention will always be needed. Even in paypie, without govt assistant, it's will be hard to verify the validity of info entered in the ledger in certain areas. The idea is to find that buoyant balance where the govt aids the growth of crypto without centralizing the agendas.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:17:12 PM

Thats true, it will scare some new comers. But you and me also had some rough first month when we started Smiley, there is always something happening.
But we all know, crypto is just in his baby shoes, this whole ICO thing will just be a small chapter in some years. We all should be glad we are now part of it and could tell our grandchildren that we were there when it all began Smiley

the history of cryptocurrency is just beginning, after a lapse of five years everyone will use blockchain technology products.
Most good projects, including PAYPIE - will take a place in the everyday life of each person and as a result will gain their value
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: