Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:34:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Make sure you pay your taxes to the government that spies on you!  (Read 5529 times)
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:26:17 PM

...snip...
I'm not.  I'm not going to kill you for disagreeing with me. You, on the other hand, have no problem with paying the people who would kill me for disagreeing with you.

Well you pay your taxes as well and your government could have me arrested - I don't think that entitles me to kill you.

I'm glad you've come back to your senses.  It would have been a strange turn if I had to lecture you on the NAP and how it applies to free speech.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 05:31:48 PM

...snip...
I'm not.  I'm not going to kill you simply for disagreeing with me. You, on the other hand, have no problem with paying the people who would kill me for disagreeing with you.
Well you pay your taxes as well - I don't think that entitles me to kill you.
Any taxes I pay, I pay under duress. Giving the mugger your wallet doesn't mean you support being mugged. You, on the other hand, gladly hand over the wallet to the mugger, and tell everyone how resisting the mugger is wrong.

And if I should refuse to hand over the wallet, you would applaud when he shot me down.

I'm glad you've come back to your senses.  It would have been a strange turn if I had to lecture you on the NAP and how it applies to free speech.
Tsk... You seem to think I have changed my stance. You're still threatening me with lethal force.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:47:41 PM

...snip...
I'm not.  I'm not going to kill you simply for disagreeing with me. You, on the other hand, have no problem with paying the people who would kill me for disagreeing with you.
Any taxes I pay, I pay under duress. Giving the mugger your wallet doesn't mean you support being mugged. You, on the other hand, gladly hand over the wallet to the mugger, and tell everyone how resisting the mugger is wrong.

And if I should refuse to hand over the wallet, you would applaud when he shot me down.

I'm glad you've come back to your senses.  It would have been a strange turn if I had to lecture you on the NAP and how it applies to free speech.
Tsk... You seem to think I have changed my stance. You're still threatening me with lethal force.

You said you would kill me if I disagreed with you.  Now you say you would not.  That's a change of stance.  I admire you for doing it - its hard to reverse gear on a public forum. 
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 05:51:50 PM

...snip...

You said you would kill me if I disagreed with you.
No, that's how you misinterpreted my statement.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:56:39 PM

...snip...

You said you would kill me if I disagreed with you.
No, that's how you misinterpreted my statement.

Really?

...snip...
You see, Hawker, we practice what we preach. So do you, but what you preach is support for mass murderers.
...snip...
...snip...
Trust me, Hawker, given the chance I'd choke you to death with my bare hands.
...snip...
...snip...
Then I would suggest you not advocate support for government mass murder whilst within my reach. Wink

That post from cryptoanarchist is a direct threat.  Your posts in support of it are supporting that threat and amplifying it saying you would also kill me. 

As I said, I am glad you backed away from that nonsense.  You can never further an argument with a threat.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 05:59:56 PM

That post from cryptoanarchist is a direct threat.  Your posts in support of it are supporting that threat and amplifying it saying you would also kill me. 
Vim Vi Repellere Licet. I stated that if you made a statement of threat to me, I would respond violently. I advise against threatening people.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:00:52 PM

myrkul - I'm bored of the threat theme now you have taken a more civilized stance.  Have the last word and lets move on.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 06:06:29 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2013, 06:17:11 PM by myrkul

myrkul - I'm bored of the threat theme now you have taken a more civilized stance.  Have the last word and lets move on.
Then you have retracted your support of taxation and government mass murder?

You've decided to stop threatening peaceful people? I'm so happy!

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 06:39:14 PM

This is far beyond a simple disagreement. You advocate - and would support financially - the use of lethal force against me. That, I'm afraid, makes us enemies.

Hawker, you have proven to me without doubt that the people of the ideology you follow and you yourself are overreacting paranoid schizophrenics who think everyone is out to get them. You can be the enemy of someone without killing them, it happens all the time in life. I do have to agree with Myrkul on some points but not all, while governments have finally learned that they can't get away with killing people who don't want to pay tax so easily anymore it seems that imprisoning them is perfectly acceptable and there was even a thread recently about the way the Finnish police using methods which basically amount to torture in most countries so it just goes to show you that not all governments are above using violence to get there way still.

Bitcoin has finally given us a way to peacefully protest the way our money is being spent by our governments, if you don't like that happening, then tough, it's not like you can do anything about it, from now on taxation isn't going to exist, you're going to have to ask for my money rather than just take it and use it for your own ends, you can stay with your rapidly devaluing paper currency.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:15:32 PM

This is far beyond a simple disagreement. You advocate - and would support financially - the use of lethal force against me. That, I'm afraid, makes us enemies.

Hawker, you have proven to me without doubt that the people of the ideology you follow and you yourself are overreacting paranoid schizophrenics who think everyone is out to get them. You can be the enemy of someone without killing them, it happens all the time in life. I do have to agree with Myrkul on some points but not all, while governments have finally learned that they can't get away with killing people who don't want to pay tax so easily anymore it seems that imprisoning them is perfectly acceptable and there was even a thread recently about the way the Finnish police using methods which basically amount to torture in most countries so it just goes to show you that not all governments are above using violence to get there way still.

Bitcoin has finally given us a way to peacefully protest the way our money is being spent by our governments, if you don't like that happening, then tough, it's not like you can do anything about it, from now on taxation isn't going to exist, you're going to have to ask for my money rather than just take it and use it for your own ends, you can stay with your rapidly devaluing paper currency.

Call me paranoid but if someone says that they want to strangle me with their bare hands, then I consider that a threat.

That doesn't really matter though does it.  Its the Internet and some kids act all tough calling people names and threatening to kill their mothers and rape their dogs.

On a more serious point, Bitcoin does not mean the end of taxation.  A person who earns money with Bitcoin is no different from a person who earns money with cash. 
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 07:23:52 PM

On a more serious point, Bitcoin does not mean the end of taxation.  A person who earns money with Bitcoin is no different from a person who earns money with cash. 
Except they can physically take your cash.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:45:37 PM

We've had this conversation before.  Yes you can live in a tent and cycle to the shops.  But if things are going well in your life, you will have a salary, a house, a car, a pension, stock investments and all sorts of other things that the taxman can take if you are convicted of tax evasion. So those of us who earn some money in Bitcoin are no more invulnerable than those of us who earn money in cash.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 07:51:23 PM

We've had this conversation before.  Yes you can live in a tent and cycle to the shops.  But if things are going well in your life, you will have a salary
Paid in bitcoins, on the internet.
, a house, a car,
So they steal my house and car. Now they have a house and a car, not taxes.
a pension, stock investments
On Cryptostocks.
and all sorts of other things that the taxman can take if you are convicted of tax evasion.
They can even lock me up, but I'll still have my money.
So those of us who earn some money in Bitcoin are no more invulnerable than those of us who earn money in cash.
As I've shown, actually, yes we are. It's not 100%, but it's a big step in the right direction.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:59:49 PM

On a more serious point, Bitcoin does not mean the end of taxation.  A person who earns money with Bitcoin is no different from a person who earns money with cash.  

We've had this conversation before.  Yes you can live in a tent and cycle to the shops.  But if things are going well in your life, you will have a salary
Paid in bitcoins, on the internet.
, a house, a car,
So they steal my house and car. Now they have a house and a car, not taxes.
a pension, stock investments
On Cryptostocks.
and all sorts of other things that the taxman can take if you are convicted of tax evasion.
They can even lock me up, but I'll still have my money.
So those of us who earn some money in Bitcoin are no more invulnerable than those of us who earn money in cash.
As I've shown, actually, yes we are. It's not 100%, but it's a big step in the right direction.

Saying the government has taken your house and car but that you have avoided paying tax is silly.  Assuming your cash is in a secure location, every example you give is true for cash as well.
Severian (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:03:11 PM

Only if you tell the government about your Bitcoins. What kind of fool would do that?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 08:09:57 PM

Saying the government has taken your house and car but that you have avoided paying tax is silly.  Assuming your cash is in a secure location, every example you give is true for cash as well.
Even the Cryptostocks?

Somehow, I don't think the finance committee is going to appreciate a budget denominated in cars and houses.

But let's set that aside for a moment. Say I'm looking to transition to warmer, friendlier climes. I could sell the house and the car, and try taking all my cash with in a few dozen suitcases, but they generally don't like that. OR, I could turn it all into Bitcoins, and waltz across the border - any border - with it securely stashed in my brain. Try doing that with Krugerrands.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:19:53 PM

Even the Cryptostocks?

Somehow, I don't think the finance committee is going to appreciate a budget denominated in cars and houses.

But let's set that aside for a moment. Say I'm looking to transition to warmer, friendlier climes. I could sell the house and the car, and try taking all my cash with in a few dozen suitcases, but they generally don't like that. OR, I could turn it all into Bitcoins, and waltz across the border - any border - with it securely stashed in my brain. Try doing that with Krugerrands.

What's the point?  Leaving the country to avoid paying tax is possibly the saddest thing imaginable.  Don't you have a life? Family? Are you really so alone that you'd abandon it all in order to live on a beach?

That's why countries like the US and UK with high tax have so many rich people.  Its not that the rich can't move - its that they have a good life here and don't see the attraction of leaving it behind.  Bitcoin is like any other income - if the government knows about it, it will be liable to tax.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 12:36:27 AM

Bitcoin is like any other income - if the government knows about it, it will be liable to tax.
Liable... but not accessible.

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:17:55 AM

Bitcoin is like any other income - if the government knows about it, it will be liable to tax.
Liable... but not accessible.

A bitcoin world or more generally a public money supply currency world clearly means MORE taxes than before.  After all, if you cut off the source of income which is printing money as debt, governments will be forced to take more taxes to maintain roads, etc. 

Bitcoin income is MORE accessible to taxation, because the block chain doesn't lie (though of course under the table transactions will always be possible). 

We're already paying miners fees, capital gains tax, and adjusting for sales tax.  Get used to it, it sure beats an unknown tax applied without your knowledge.   
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 04:28:46 AM

A bitcoin world or more generally a public money supply currency world clearly means MORE taxes than before.  After all, if you cut off the source of income which is printing money as debt, governments will be forced to take more taxes to maintain roads, etc.

The reason taxes would go up is because they would be forced to honestly show just how much people are actually going to have to spend on the things the government is providing, printing money is not a source of income, it's delaying the payment of the debt that has been taken on with more debt, worse still, it dumps the problem on the next generation, your children, which is something I can never support.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: