Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:24:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ RESOLVED ] Bitmain takes your money, does not confirm payment, does not ship  (Read 617 times)
greyworld (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:55:03 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2017, 09:40:49 AM by greyworld

I sent them a wire transfer a month ago, it still isn't marked confirmed, and their support staff just keeps stalling.  They reply to my support requests every two weeks or so but don't actually answer any questions or resolve anything.

They already have my money, and apparently have no intention of sending me the product I paid for.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?  I took out a small loan to buy the miner with the understanding that I would have it in time to pay off the loan.

DON'T TRUST BITMAIN.

UPDATE: Bitmain just confirmed my payment.  Only took them 5 weeks.  /sarc

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Michaeljayclark

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:07:32 PM

The miner batch don't ship out till October I believe.

I ordered a S9 and power supply and got both.  Took several months.

I don't think they make them until they have a certain number sold
greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:29:19 PM

I paid them for a mid-September batch though.  At this rate, they won't even confirm that they received the money until (or later) than then.

. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
Michaeljayclark

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:34:51 AM

If your bank says the money has been wired then they have it.

I paid with Bitcoin, so they had no choice but to say they got it because I can just look at the block chain info.

I hope you get them to confirm and Mark your invoice paid
Michaeljayclark

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:42:09 AM

I sent them this after I ordered an S9 in the latest batch

I would like to complete this purchase however before I wire any money I found this topic on Bitcoin talk

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2062789.new#new

The poster said he wired the money but you have yet to confirm it.  Before I wire funds I'd like to be sure there are not going to be any problems if I wire funds
greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:41:18 AM

I sent them this after I ordered an S9 in the latest batch

I would like to complete this purchase however before I wire any money I found this topic on Bitcoin talk

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2062789.new#new

The poster said he wired the money but you have yet to confirm it.  Before I wire funds I'd like to be sure there are not going to be any problems if I wire funds

I've waited over 4 weeks now.  In the support forums for Bitmain, there are many people with similar problem.  Some have waited over six weeks, still no confirmation.

My brother bought some miners with bitcoin though, they confirmed his payment in 12 minutes.

Don't pay with wire transfer.  Not sure if you should buy from Bitmain at all, I think they're up to something.  Maybe they sell all of current design just before releasing new better miner?  Be careful, good luck.

Michaeljayclark

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:41:03 AM

Bitmain never responded.  I guess it's not important to them.

The option to pay by Bitcoin was never given in the order
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:51:27 AM

I sent them a wire transfer a month ago, it still isn't marked confirmed, and their support staff just keeps stalling.  They reply to my support requests every two weeks or so but don't actually answer any questions or resolve anything.

They already have my money, and apparently have no intention of sending me the product I paid for.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?  I took out a small loan to buy the miner with the understanding that I would have it in time to pay off the loan.

DON'T TRUST BITMAIN.

The first thing you should do is go to your bank and ask them to call Bitmain's bank and ask for a confirmation if the money you sent was received by Bitmain's bank account. If they did, you should then ask for a transaction ID and other information to show Bitmain that you have paid them in an email.

Include an ultimatum in the email telling them that they should respond or you will start to contact a lawyer to start looking at your case.
greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:01:43 AM

I sent them a wire transfer a month ago, it still isn't marked confirmed, and their support staff just keeps stalling.  They reply to my support requests every two weeks or so but don't actually answer any questions or resolve anything.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?  I took out a small loan to buy the miner with the understanding that I would have it in time to pay off the loan.

DON'T TRUST BITMAIN.

The first thing you should do is go to your bank and ask them to call Bitmain's bank and ask for a confirmation if the money you sent was received by Bitmain's bank account. If they did, you should then ask for a transaction ID and other information to show Bitmain that you have paid them in an email.

Include an ultimatum in the email telling them that they should respond or you will start to contact a lawyer to start looking at your case.

Thanks for these suggestions.  Aside from asking them to call Bitmain's bank, that's what I did.  Also I didn't threaten to sue them yet because it would be an idle threat and I doubt they care.  They get sued all the time (Antbleed?), my legal fees would be way higher than the cost of the miner... they know that.

I've tried reaching out to Bitmain associates in other areas, the pool they run in Israel btw with some of Spondoolies ex employees... Basically begging them to help me get Bitmain to do what's right.  Damn I wish Spondoolies was still in business.  I love this SP30 I have here, it's just not good enough anymore.  No response yet on that, maybe they'll be able to pull some strings for me.

If any whales read this and feel sorry for me, feel free to send a donation to 1KfetnAukKfrpStLYGUtjN7wyhL5zSpC9W - I can't pay my bills with Bitmain's sorry ass excuses, it's really stressing me out.

I'm helping a family member get setup in mining, we've been considering the Avalon 741, in light of all this Bitmain nonsense.  Anyone have any thoughts on dealing with them?  Maybe they run a more professional operation than Bitmain?  Hopefully.

greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:15:32 AM

Bitmain has confirmed my payment.

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 724

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:54:50 AM

Bitmain has confirmed my payment.
Since the issue have been resolved already better to lock this thread to avoid further answers and post related to it. Just to say that Bitmain is a reputable company they might have some delays but they do end up on processing your transactions. It might really be longer as expected but still better as long  it make confirmations later on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: