Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:25:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU on riser not working  (Read 243 times)
Camper1233 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:22:11 AM

I'm using a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050 on a powered riser and when i try to mine the PC restarts. The GPU does not have a 6 pin connector on it, it should be powered by the riser. The riser is powered with a MOLEX connector with an adapter from SATA to MOLEX which came with it. I tried connecting the riser to the PCI x1 slot and the PCI x16 slot (I made sure it was plugged in the right way) and it still does not work. But if i plug in the GPU directly to the PCI x16 slot without a riser it works.

I forgot to mention that when i plug in the GPU on the riser and start the PC the fans work for some time and when the PC boots the fans stop working.
I am really new to this and I am really confused.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Set Ready Go

Activity: 273
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:05:05 AM

Most likely its just a faulty riser card and cable.
I would recommend that you get a 6pin pcie riser card instead .

That sata adapter riser card can get really warm and sometimes even melt.

So yea if you got a 6pin pcie cable spare from the psu it would be The best choice for you to swap it out.
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:41:27 PM

How to work ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: