Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:21:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading sucks, I'll just hold my coins  (Read 25855 times)
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:35:25 PM

I did a bit of day trading but i never seem to time the market well, bitcoin always outfoxes me and even though my exchange has no fees, its just not ideal situation.

Markets beat most traders. I've heard that trading generally fits a Pareto distribution: 80% of traders lose money, and 80% of trading gains are made by 20% of traders. So, don't feel too bad about it.

I think im gonna be a hodler from now on.

Not a bad strategy, in my experience. It's difficult to beat "buy and hold."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:05:44 AM

Trading is part of tricky investment in which you have to be very patient about your goals. If you get greedy while trading then you are almost finished with that trade no matter what you do. Your loss is not much and it should not happen but it is really temporary and bitcoin will rise up again. Most if the people do even greater trader strategy than this by holding at least 5-6 coins at the same time and they never get panicked with fall situation because they always have mind set that they can earn big with their trade. So try to learn these strategies and control the emotions. Rest is yours.
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:01:53 AM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

I though I can trade. Buy low, sell high. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

That's your decision, your money your call. But hold is half from trading itself, time to buy and sell never forget that. Every trader or investor will hold but how they choose the right coin and when to sell is different story. One more thing, we all know about stop loss but only few trader use it. As long your strategy make profit and fun just do it and never forget to fix when mistakes comes up. Good luck.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:05:50 PM

I did a bit of day trading but i never seem to time the market well, bitcoin always outfoxes me and even though my exchange has no fees, its just not ideal situation.

Getting into long term plans after having frustration with day trading is becoming common among many crypto currency traders as most of the times day trading is not profitable as it requires more intensive decision making to make profits with it.

But with long-term trading plans, we can relax ourselves as we will be having lot of time to take any decisions and there will be a minimum guarantee for profit with long-term holding/trading plans.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:58:28 PM

Getting into long term plans after having frustration with day trading is becoming common among many crypto currency traders as most of the times day trading is not profitable as it requires more intensive decision making to make profits with it.

But with long-term trading plans, we can relax ourselves as we will be having lot of time to take any decisions and there will be a minimum guarantee for profit with long-term holding/trading plans.
Those minimum guarantee is the thing which attracts traders to get into long term trading over day trading. Due to high volatility there will be no guarantee to make profits within a day.

But crypto currencies are always good in long-term perspective hence holding them will be highly beneficial regardless of where you are investing. Because even unpopular coins also giving good returns in terms of USD value as bitcoin prices are always in rising mode.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:09:33 AM

I am also observing this. So many young traders are leaving day trading because it puts them into frustration and stress. Indeed day trading demands quick and big decisions which is a big challenge for so many traders.

Many people are not good at managing stress, ultimately the end up with wrong decisions. This is not the case with long term trading. A trader has maximum chances of making profit in this trading.
ssb883

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:21:19 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 04:37:20 AM by ssb883

Well in trading it is not always a win. That is why it is important to diversify, and have spare bitcoins available.
I do not know how you do your trading, just buy low sell high. You forgot patience.
Or maybe what you thought is low is already high, and you want to get it higher?

I first learn how to survive, only then the profit follows.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:08:30 AM

So many young traders are leaving day trading because it puts them into frustration and stress. Indeed day trading demands quick and big decisions which is a big challenge for so many traders.

Many people are not good at managing stress, ultimately the end up with wrong decisions. This is not the case with long term trading. A trader has maximum chances of making profit in this trading.

The fact is that most people aren't cut out for trading... especially day trading. It's a very stressful endeavor for those that can't handle losses easily. A good trader wins 60% of the time. More than that, and you are either very talented, or very lucky. Trading is all about managing risk, and that involves taking lots of small losses on the path to bigger gains.

It's definitely easier on the psyche if you have some "extra money" to invest in something for the long term. Then you don't feel the day-to-day stress of "losing money." When you consider yourself a trader, your capital is at risk every day.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:28:45 AM

Who else here loves to follow pump/dump groups? Beware! You may end up in same trauma. Why?
Answer is simple, such groups are meant to earn personal profits, they don't care where your profits go. They invest in coin first and then tell you to buy that coin. As a result earn themselves good amount but you are the one who lose. In 99% cases, they choose shitty small cap coins.
So make it a habit, whenever you are desirous of investing, choose only big and established coins.

/]..JAMBLER.io../]Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
/our-partners.php]      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
/become-seller.php]   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:23:29 AM

Many people became hodlers since they missed out the last heavy bull run candles. I am not sure how this will end.

Many people expect too much from trading, think it's easy money and very soon they get disappointed or lose big money. When they realise they got it all wrong they become holders. And trading is not easy job and it's not for everyone, you have to invest a lot of time and efforts in it. .Not everyone can be a trader.
A newcomer will always lured on how good the profit potential by buying low selling it high.
It wasn't that easy , there's risk where you should anticipate it before talking good things abd good result.
I personally better to talk how much i could lost put certain buy position rather than the good possibility.
JJriver

Activity: 173

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:00:24 AM

Trade does not require haste and the influence of emotions because of what is not suitable for everyone. I prefer to just keep coins, because this will also be a good profit because of the price increase.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

TELEGRAM WHITEPAPER TWITTER FACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:12:36 AM

Trade does not require haste and the influence of emotions because of what is not suitable for everyone. I prefer to just keep coins, because this will also be a good profit because of the price increase.

This is one of the safe options in bitcoin if you are not able to take much risk. If you develop a skill to do trading then you have an added benefit which is that even in the falling market you can make money. While this benefit cannot be taken when you just invest in btc and do not trade with it.
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:49:47 AM

This is one of the safe options in bitcoin if you are not able to take much risk. If you develop a skill to do trading then you have an added benefit which is that even in the falling market you can make money. While this benefit cannot be taken when you just invest in btc and do not trade with it.

Only holding the coin especially bitcoin not so risky, just sometimes takes a long time to feel the profits or price increases. Trading gives more profit but also puts more risk.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:17:00 PM

If you don't know how to trade properly then you should just hold your coins because trading is not for people who didn't have patience to accept the losses and trade again and just keep the cycle until the trading performance gets better. Trading will give you headache and frustrations before you enjoy the opportunity of it.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:54:57 PM

If you don't know how to trade properly then you should just hold your coins because trading is not for people who didn't have patience to accept the losses and trade again and just keep the cycle until the trading performance gets better. Trading will give you headache and frustrations before you enjoy the opportunity of it.
It will really give your frustrations if you dont really know on what you are doing specially on trading we know trading is very crucial and do really need knowledge in able to make good trades. Seeing negative results would really give emotions effects on us which would really lead to frustrations and rage if we dont know how to control it then we would really got pissed off on trading.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
in00

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:10:04 PM

Same here. I lost 5k 4 days ago. going to hold for a long time
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:45:18 PM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!
I thhink you have not analyzed the market and have bought a shit coin just on seeing its rapid increase in price.You didn't realize that its being pumped.So sad to hear that you would have to work for six months more to recover that amount.Crypto currency trading is very highly volatile.So,just save your bitcoins in a wallet and let it be there as a long term investment.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
r_victory

Activity: 1923
Merit: 321

English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 05:29:22 PM

Cheers!
I thhink you have not analyzed the market and have bought a shit coin just on seeing its rapid increase in price.You didn't realize that its being pumped.So sad to hear that you would have to work for six months more to recover that amount.Crypto currency trading is very highly volatile.So,just save your bitcoins in a wallet and let it be there as a long term investment.

Trade requires a bit of luck, patience, and analysis. I invest an amount that does not cause so much if I lose and i lose around 60% of my trades, for me is the price to learn. Try not to buy coins in pump, unless you can buy at the beginning. Don't give up, trade is serious but can also be a lot of fun. Good luck!  Wink

Translations from English to Portuguese at affordable prices. Send me a PM here on the forum or contact me via Telegram: @cryptoheart
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:38:06 PM

The market has never been good, but it's not bad either. It is important that your decisions, in business, you need a well-informed head. Making money is not difficult, but it needs your skills.
citizenh-ssd

Activity: 187

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:02:18 PM

Only holding the coin especially bitcoin not so risky, just sometimes takes a long time to feel the profits or price increases. Trading gives more profit but also puts more risk.

Yes, trade can give a very big profit. And many people are willing to risk for this profit. Each of us has two options - either work without risk in the office and get a small income, or take a chance and get a very big come in the trade.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: