Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:53:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: India may ban Bitcoin  (Read 24794 times)
bitdragon84

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:38:05 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 01:14:45 PM by bitdragon84

You have much faith in Indian policymakers to compare them to US Grin I don't think they like Bitcoin. India has capital controls like China and an ongoing "war" on "black money" (which excludes government employees apparently).

China had a massive adoption of Crypto with a lot of mining. India is still in infancy of adoption so it is much easier for the government to shut down exchanges and ban trading in India without collateral damage. All these things may tempt Government to ban crypto.

But fortunately under current legal framework it is not straightforward to do that. Ratan Tata has invested in Bitcoin remittance startup. It will be a setback for Fintech ecosystem. AP government is part of Ethereum alliance. All these reasons confound government attitude towards Crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:36:06 PM

Actually i also dont trust Indian government,they can ban the thing they cant control Angry Angry

YES I DO NOT LIKE THE PRESENT INDIAN GOVT , THEY MAKE DELAYS IN EVERYTHING

This delay may be a good thing because probably government is trying to figure out how the best use of this technology can be used. Because even government has a vision of digital India and this fits into it. So they may be trying to figure out the misuse of it or how can they regulate the bitcoin space or is it better to introduce their own coin. So many things would be going at present with them.

cryptolit

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:19:06 PM

clickbait.
btcdamnit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:17:11 AM

Declaring bitcoin illegal isn't small step. Government needs to provide suitable evidence in regards of its decision which I don't believe government is competent of. However on the same note I am sure enough government won't even declare it legal as government seems to have clear cut negative attitude towards bitcoin since it is obstacles in government's fight against black money. So on whole, in my views bitcoin will continue as it is and this is best in our interest.

He is absolutely Correct
Gunasekaran777

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:23:58 AM

clickbait.

Just the Same...
goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:13:12 PM

indian govt may declare it illegal but is it possible to ban bitcoin completely ?? one of my friends discussed the same with me that how any govt can ban blockchain and digital currency , they can only regulate bank accounts but regulating bitcoin digitally is not so easy which it seems .
monsterman

Activity: 115

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:50:07 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 02:28:33 PM by monsterman

Declaring bitcoin illegal isn't small step. Government needs to provide suitable evidence in regards of its decision which I don't believe government is competent of. However on the same note I am sure enough government won't even declare it legal as government seems to have clear cut negative attitude towards bitcoin since it is obstacles in government's fight against black money. So on whole, in my views bitcoin will continue as it is and this is best in our interest.

He is absolutely Correct

Bitcoin should be declared legal , all big nations have declared it legal although its not illegal in India
Doclam

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:12:03 PM

New coin LAXMI is coming. Happy diwali
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:54:29 AM

India may ban Bitcoin ? Why & on what basis?
I dont think government of india will bitcoin instead it will have conditional permission to it or put some regulations on it.
Current government is more concerned abount the Black money.
A parliamentary committee is about to report its recommendations in India.
Currently there are many bitcoin exchanges operating in india like Unicoin, Zebpay, Coinsecure, Coinmama etc.
Many of these have popular wallets also.
In recent cyber attacks, "ransomware'' hackers demanded ransoms in Bitcoins due to events like these RBI have flagged concerns and urged Indians against  use of these cryptocurrencies.
coinkhoj

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:01:51 AM

There is 50% chance of legalization of bitcoin in india but another 50% chance is to ban bitcoin in india. Since it is a revolution in economy and it is in same thought of demonetization, and use of digital wallet. But government will loose control  over it, since anyone can keep secretly bunch of bitcoin in their private wallet. Oversea transaction cannot be trace out.
akablackhat

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:48:34 PM

The government is considering the introduction of a regulatory regime for virtual or crypto currencies, such as Bitcoin, that would enable the levy of the Goods and Services Tax on their sale.
The new regime may possibly bring their trading under the oversight of the stock market regulator, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
 Currently, they are neither illegal nor legal in India.
“The discussion on whether crypto-currencies should be banned or regulated has been on for some time. The pros and cons for both aspects were put forth in the meeting chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley 4 Months ago month,” the official told The Hindu.
Banning will give a clear message that all related activities are illegal and will disincetivise those interested in taking speculative risks, but it was pointed out it will impede tax collection on gains made in such activities and that regulating the currency instead would signal a boost to blockchain technology, encourage the development of a supervision ecosystem (that tracks legal activities and may also assist in tracking illegal activities) and promote a formal tax base,” said another official privy to the development.
djbabu

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:07:59 AM

Ban discussion started in India

https://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/business/business-news/war-on-bitcoin-govt-panel-seeks-crackdown-on-cryptocurrency-dealers-in-india/articleshow/61464930.cms
Debragger

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:49:53 AM

There is discussion going on and as many developed countries have already legalized it, India might think in that direction too. There will definitely be regulations and taxation. But ban is less likely to happen as many countries(Russia) who had ban earlier have lifted it, this shows Bitcoin need not to be banned just on the basis of being used in illegal activities.
zee11229

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:22:55 PM

If they ban,what will we do?any solution?
vrd

Activity: 150
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 11:06:54 PM

no ban , can only regulate
there will be a short-term ban before the regulations that is the most which they can afford to do

If they ban,what will we do?any solution?

hinayupak

Activity: 200

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:02:52 AM

India may ban Bitcoin? The Interdisciplinary committee report on cryptocurrency, submitted three months back, has sought a complete ban on cryptocurrency, reports ET citing unknown government sources had already reported over the ban speculations, it had also filed various RTIs seeking government’s current understanding as Bitcoins led cryptocurrencies’ market penetration has been increasing exponentially in India. In its response, the government had maintained its status quo which is in sync with  RBI’s statement dated December 24, 2013. RBI had cautioned the users, holders and traders of virtual currencies including Bitcoins, about the potential financial, operational, legal, customer protection and security related risks that they are exposing themselves to.
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:31:21 AM

According to recent statement,crypto trader need to pay taxes as crypto is taken as capital gain.for there is no news of banning crypto or btc.government has just issued the warning to  user which are new to btc that they should avoid taking risk  in crypto and government will not be responsible for any loss.
Alok_Yadav

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:01:33 PM

I don't think so government would do so. Indian government also don't want to be left behind in cryptoworld
Iamcryptobeggar

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:35:32 PM

Who cares! Political person can eat chara, suck coal, air, water and we dont have right to show my faith in crypto.... it's sucks
btcblockchain

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:35:54 PM

No Govt can ban Bitcoin it is impossible to even US tired to ban and find owner they failed now Bitcoin is legal in USA and 200 countries try to restrict Bitcoin no country able to ban Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: