Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:44:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bitcoin Millionaire. Reality Bytes! Paper Profit vs Cold Hard Cash!
Keep all in BTC! - 0 (0%)
Keep 80% in BTC! - 1 (100%)
Keep 50% in BTC! - 0 (0%)
Keep 20% in BTC! - 0 (0%)
Xfer all into USD! - 0 (0%)
Hide all from Tax Man! - 0 (0%)
No Viewpoint on This! - 0 (0%)
BTC is worth 0. Tulips! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Millionaire. Reality Bytes! Paper Profit vs Cold Hard Cash!  (Read 134 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:26:46 AM

Ah...but the catch is to BE a bitcoin millionaire you will have to GASP!  Spend your BTC! (the horror!)

The other consideration is if you are going to convert your new millionaire status into $$$...you have to pay the tax man! (Ack!)

So you really need to be a bitcoin millionaire, in my case with state/local taxes/IRS if you have enough to cash out 1 million dollars. In my case with taxes.

I'd need 2 million dollars of BTC now, to cash out and get 1 million dollars USD (ie fiat) ...a bit less if I kept it more than a year and 1 day...but somewhere between 40% and 50% tax loss.

NOW if you just want to sit on your BTC and say you are a paper profit millionaire ..sure...but to get a nice apartment, be a 'sponsor' at the local exotic dancers union, etc and such....well,

the tax man cometh! Then if you have a wife/kids/in-laws/ and all the 'unknown' friends/family etc to spread the moola around...well, better to leave it in BTC and call yourself

a BTC millionaire....rather than the problems of being one! IMHO:)

take the poll

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: