Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:00:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development  (Read 379835 times)
bitfish

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

A Coin A Day Keeps The Cold Away.

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:03:08 AM

- I would hope Windmaster would call his source official.

Probably an interesting point to open for discussion.  Does anyone object to calling my version of the client official?  Certainly it's not the original client, and I'm also not the original developer.  Thoughts everyone?

While it is not the original client is has become the official client after the original dev went MiA.

So it should be called "official client".  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ilostcoins

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:36:37 AM

Will the windows wallet remember it's previous window position and size? I've always wondered why all the coins' don't do that (at least for the windows versions).  Undecided

LTC: LSyqwk4YbhBRtkrUy8NRdKXFoUcgVpu8Qb   NVC: 4HtynfYVyRYo6yM8BTAqyNYwqiucfoPqFW   TAG id: 4313
CMC: CAHrzqveVm9UxGm7PZtT4uj6su4suxKzZv   YAC: Y9m5S7M24sdkjdwxnA9GZpPez6k6EqUjUt
St.Bit

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:20:37 AM

Probably an interesting point to open for discussion.  Does anyone object to calling my version of the client official?  Certainly it's not the original client, and I'm also not the original developer.  Thoughts everyone?
For me you are the official developer, but just calling your source official without some legitimation is a bad idea.

Personally I belive a vote mechanism via signed messages of wallets would be a good thing for the future anyways, but that might be overkill for this issue. Start a poll on yacointalk or here and that might give enough legitimation. We will need to change the code sometime in the future anyways (PoS double spends), so it's urgent that someone active gets accepted as official dev.

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
cycloid

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:50:57 AM

2. Run a poll on the official name for YAC
  • Yet Another Coin
  • Your Alternative Coin
  • Your Alternative Currency

BTW - I lean toward "Your Alternative Currency" or "Your Alternative Coin" a bit.  The "Your Alternative Coin" option does jive with "YACoin" better than "Your Alternative Currency" though.

As one of the big holders of YAC (100K+) I cast my vote towards your client fork being the official

dcl595

Activity: 381

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 06:53:46 AM

voted Smiley
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:04:57 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 02:11:14 PM by cryptrol

[BOUNTY]

Anyway, is there someone skilled enough to add coin control to YACoin client? More info here > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144331.0
I'll pay 1 BTC for the job which must include source code and working Win32 and 64 bit binaries. Others are welcomed to add some coins to bounty.

Bump!

Just curious but why do you need / want coin control ? are you using p2pool with loads of very small transactions ?
There is a somehow generic coin control script under the contribs folder from the bitcoin source. It shouldn't be hard to adapt to yacoin if it doesn't make use of the latest api calls bitcoin introduced in it's latest version.
dcl595

Activity: 381

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:38:22 PM

Playing with a new Yac theme, feedback welcome good or bad

https://i.imgur.com/o4GiSYu.png
canoe

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:14:55 PM

I've added an N chart for YAC on my charts website.  
http://cryptometer.org/yacoin_90_day_charts.html

I also added a "Normalized Network Hashrate" chart that adjusts the network hashrate to eliminate the effects of changes in N.  This can be used as an indication of raw computing power over time.  Details on that here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226281.msg2682957#msg2682957

cryptometer.org Altcoin blockchain charts Donate! --- BTC 1P5QspaqhyHZXnTVPeMxssRXu6ABAovcBg --- LTC LV1xYnfgsH5PPdgNS4EhZsuNyVMdeiafcK
cryptrol

Activity: 637

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 10:01:55 PM

Great info canoe, thanks.

There are two things that I don't liked from the beginning and pushed me back from getting more involved with the coin ( I am sure others can say the same):
* the amount of coins generated in the first day, is the best example of a ponzi scheme you can find.
* seeing how more than 1,3 M YAC is owned by just 5 addresses from a total of 4,3 M .

Still, yacoin is the altcoin with the most market support.
 Roll Eyes
Thirtybird

Activity: 693

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:27:45 PM

Watching the effects of the latest N change I noticed a few things
A. - Even at a normalized hash rate (thanks canoe) - a lot of people bailed on mining YAC
B. - Block time mean quintupled - we went from 55 seconds or so to over 250 - it could still be a few more days before we get back down to 1 minute.
C. - Because of B, the transaction times crawled to a halt to fully validate
D. - The difficulty is still plunging to catch up to the loss of hashpower (both from N change and folks stopping mining)

The following is suggested based on the possibility of a future where this coin is widely accepted and what the end user experience would be like trying to make a transaction shortly after an N increase.  That person, would have to wait ~30+ minutes just to get the first 8 confirmations.  This is not the type of experience an end user user would likely tolerate without a high level of frustration.

Based on this, I would like to propose a change that adjusts the difficulty downward at the same time as N increases in an effort to keep block times close to their target in the days that follow.  In a no-loss scenario, an N increase halves the total hashpower, so I propose it also halves the difficulty at the same time.

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:37:58 PM

Based on this, I would like to propose a change that adjusts the difficulty downward at the same time as N increases in an effort to keep block times close to their target in the days that follow.  In a no-loss scenario, an N increase halves the total hashpower, so I propose it also halves the difficulty at the same time.

That seems like a sensible idea.  It would likely stop people moving their miners away from YAC immediately following an N increase too (which they are doing because it is more profitable to mine elsewhere until the diff decreases/reward increases enough, which at the moment is taking several days / weeks)
igysa

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:49:20 PM

A. - Even at a normalized hash rate (thanks canoe) - a lot of people bailed on mining YAC
B. - Block time mean quintupled - we went from 55 seconds or so to over 250 - it could still be a few more days before we get back down to 1 minute.
D. - The difficulty is still plunging to catch up to the loss of hashpower (both from N change and folks stopping mining)

The following is suggested based on the possibility of a future where this coin is widely accepted and what the end user experience would be like trying to make a transaction shortly after an N increase.  That person, would have to wait ~30+ minutes just to get the first 8 confirmations.  This is not the type of experience an end user user would likely tolerate without a high level of frustration.

totally spot on !

BTC 1Hm2qSb1XZ8iAuogEqCBod17KQPHepjwF
LTC LWu3fAQuw36UVm6vASQgk6yQjgLgKmeWPD
YAC YKVQi33Jv7UaBtStgTDiCB2uL6vsYdX7be
3dcgminer

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:16:39 PM

Another big problem was that everybody was using a new GPU miner, that crashed at the N change. It took a couple of days to get a few updates to get it running at the new normal speed and it needed some tweking.
I noticed that my miner crashed and the pool lost 95% of the hash rate at the same time.
Hopefully this will not happen again...
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:28:50 PM

Let's not forget primecoin was released the very day of the N increase.  I would imagine a lot of CPUs moving over to the much more profitable primecoin.  I think the biggest question though is what will happen at the next N increase.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
igysa

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:41:39 PM

what happened with the YAC price?! so much panic sell for which reason ?!

if YAC is now harder to be produced after N changed why it dropped the price like this ? it should have been opposite..

will you be quiet or do something with to promote your coin ?

one nice pump would fix this..

BTC 1Hm2qSb1XZ8iAuogEqCBod17KQPHepjwF
LTC LWu3fAQuw36UVm6vASQgk6yQjgLgKmeWPD
YAC YKVQi33Jv7UaBtStgTDiCB2uL6vsYdX7be
rbdrbd

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:42:40 PM

The following is suggested based on the possibility of a future where this coin is widely accepted and what the end user experience would be like trying to make a transaction shortly after an N increase.  That person, would have to wait ~30+ minutes just to get the first 8 confirmations.  This is not the type of experience an end user user would likely tolerate without a high level of frustration.

Based on this, I would like to propose a change that adjusts the difficulty downward at the same time as N increases in an effort to keep block times close to their target in the days that follow.  In a no-loss scenario, an N increase halves the total hashpower, so I propose it also halves the difficulty at the same time.

totally spot on !

I agree with this proposed change. FYI, my GPU farm is currently 35% of the YaCoin network hashrate (according to yacexplorer.tk graphs). That's never good (well, good for me, but not the coin).... I really like yacoin's concept and technicals and plan on keeping my support, but I was very surprised at the hashrate drop this last N change. Even at the current price, it is a very profitable coin to mine.
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:45:04 PM

The following is suggested based on the possibility of a future where this coin is widely accepted and what the end user experience would be like trying to make a transaction shortly after an N increase.  That person, would have to wait ~30+ minutes just to get the first 8 confirmations.  This is not the type of experience an end user user would likely tolerate without a high level of frustration.

Based on this, I would like to propose a change that adjusts the difficulty downward at the same time as N increases in an effort to keep block times close to their target in the days that follow.  In a no-loss scenario, an N increase halves the total hashpower, so I propose it also halves the difficulty at the same time.

totally spot on !

I agree with this proposed change. FYI, my GPU farm is currently 35% of the YaCoin network hashrate (according to yacexplorer.tk graphs). That's never good (well, good for me, but not the coin).... I really like yacoin's concept and technicals and plan on keeping my support, but I was very surprised at the hashrate drop this last N change. Even at the current price, it is a very profitable coin to mine.
i think the CPU miners have moved to Primecoin temporarily and the GPU miners should come back once the reward rises / diff drops a little more as there are currently more profitable alts to mine.  It does show that those that left were only in it for short-term gains though (mine and dump).  FYI my GPU's are still on YAC (yacp.coinmine.pl) and my CPU's are on Primecoin... for now Smiley
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:27:30 PM

totally spot on !

i think the CPU miners have moved to Primecoin temporarily and the GPU miners should come back once the reward rises / diff drops a little more as there are currently more profitable alts to mine.  It does show that those that left were only in it for short-term gains though (mine and dump).  FYI my GPU's are still on YAC (yacp.coinmine.pl) and my CPU's are on Primecoin... for now Smiley

I have made more USD mining Primecoin in 1 day than I have made with Yacoin in 1 month... so yea... I think the only smart thing to do with a CPU is mine Primecoin now before it turns into GPU only.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
St.Bit

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:46:00 PM

what happened with the YAC price?! so much panic sell for which reason ?!

if YAC is now harder to be produced after N changed why it dropped the price like this ? it should have been opposite..

will you be quiet or do something with to promote your coin ?

one nice pump would fix this..

I belive some of the earliest adopters want to cash out.

Based on the size of single sell orders I assume there are just a few wealthy people actually selling. YAC has only little actually buying demand so they can drive prices down as far as they accept the price for. Once these people have sold to people who want to keep for longer we might see a price bubble soon. Not good for YAC, but that might be a chance for a quick buck.

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:25:06 AM

What is the advantage of Stratum mining?

Ive herad you can get more done for less. My only problem is that the majority of the pools I want to use require Stratum, and after months I still cant get it to work at all. Fuck, I cant even get scrypt Jane to work either

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: