Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:35:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development  (Read 379834 times)
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:17:43 AM

You can get today more YAC for a fraction of a BTC that I got mining at launch. Entry point is now as fair as it gets.

Yeah, +1...price is too darn cheap right now, and me without btc. :/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:21:08 PM

You can get today more YAC for a fraction of a BTC that I got mining at launch. Entry point is now as fair as it gets.

Yeah, +1...price is too darn cheap right now, and me without btc. :/

No doubt. The most annoying thing about the current price to me is that I don't have BTC to buy more YAC's 
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:54:16 PM

Anyone mining this thing on a cloud?

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
ivanlabrie

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:47:53 AM

Probably some botnet guy...I have yet to found a profitable vps provider for mining.
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:22:34 AM

Probably some botnet guy...I have yet to found a profitable vps provider for mining.
I doubt there are any botnets YAC mining. It's more profitable to CPU mine QRK or XPM. I'm guessing most of the YAC network is still GPU farms.
anonymous_acc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:39:08 PM

Code:
$ make -f makefile.unix
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
gcc -c -O3 -msse2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/usr/src/coins/yacoin/src -I/usr/src/coins/yacoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DSCRYPT_KECCAK512 -DSCRYPT_CHACHA -DSCRYPT_CHOOSE_COMPILETIME -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -o obj/scrypt-jane.o scrypt-jane/scrypt-jane.c
scrypt-jane/scrypt-jane.c:10:8: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before string constant
make: *** [obj/scrypt-jane.o] Error 1

Could some body provide me with true flags to build this coin?

BTC: 1HRcwjxG2H5vSnNo5ZbGqMxRPFWJk6dwW9
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:52:07 PM

Code:
$ make -f makefile.unix
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
gcc -c -O3 -msse2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/usr/src/coins/yacoin/src -I/usr/src/coins/yacoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DSCRYPT_KECCAK512 -DSCRYPT_CHACHA -DSCRYPT_CHOOSE_COMPILETIME -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -o obj/scrypt-jane.o scrypt-jane/scrypt-jane.c
scrypt-jane/scrypt-jane.c:10:8: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before string constant
make: *** [obj/scrypt-jane.o] Error 1

Could some body provide me with true flags to build this coin?

You can probably use this as a starting point: https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin/blob/master/src/makefile.mingw
cycloid

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:31:18 AM

Guys maybe its time to move on... xpm is everything yac was trying to do and is at the moment the only true cpu only coin with out weird N that messes with hash rates and actaully does something useful like find prime numbers Smiley 

This coin had a good run but I just think there are now much better coins with active devs that could use our support and offer a better reward .

Just my two yacs lol

bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:15:36 AM

You are free to send me your YAC, I'll help you free that hard drive space. Grin

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
ivanlabrie

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:26:23 AM

Guys maybe its time to move on... xpm is everything yac was trying to do and is at the moment the only true cpu only coin with out weird N that messes with hash rates and actaully does something useful like find prime numbers Smiley 

This coin had a good run but I just think there are now much better coins with active devs that could use our support and offer a better reward .

Just my two yacs lol

XPM sure is nice, but it doesn't have POS...only an innovative POW, and it's really complicated for it to move forward the way difficulty works.
CryptoMaster

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:59:29 AM

I don't think it's about XPM replacing YAC, but I think there's mainly 2 things that are putting in danger YAC and preventing its raise:

- The sudden, N increases. I don't know if it's possible to 'smoothen' the effects without a hard-fork, but it would be worth considering. The average foe is probably not OK with their hashrate halving overnight and difficulty taking 5-6 days to adjust. Since the N concept probably has to stay this way as it's 'the concept' of the coin, I guess the change should come with difficulty reacting faster after a N change.

- The lack of development news (not blaming the dev(s), I understand you can't do miracles with few numbers, but it's an issue from outside).

If these 2 things are tackled I don't see why YAC couldn't become more widespread. If nothing changes, well, I'm afraid we'll all have a good amount of very cheap coins.
sairon

One does not simply mine Bitcoins

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:44:24 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 11:19:19 AM by sairon

I don't think it's about XPM replacing YAC, but I think there's mainly 2 things that are putting in danger YAC and preventing its raise:

- The sudden, N increases. I don't know if it's possible to 'smoothen' the effects without a hard-fork, but it would be worth considering. The average foe is probably not OK with their hashrate halving overnight and difficulty taking 5-6 days to adjust. Since the N concept probably has to stay this way as it's 'the concept' of the coin, I guess the change should come with difficulty reacting faster after a N change.
Yes, that's impossible without a hard fork.

EDIT:
However, as YAC has PoS mining, the PoW difficulty/Nfactor changes are not important. PoW should only be used for the initial distribution of coins. PoS will eventually overtake PoW and then invalidate it altogether as PoS blocks have much larger "trust" value assigned to them compared to PoW blocks which have a trust of 1 (just look at NVC).

Also, it's quite easy to supress PoW entirely if any large YAC holder wanted to do so - just hold onto your coins and when you see a PoW block on the network, ignore it and quickly make one PoS block linking to the previous block (not the new PoW block). The other peers will happily orphan the PoW block. You will need to make some code changes to your client first, but it's not that difficult and IMHO worth it for the lulz. Just imagine all the YAC pools getting nothing but orphans. Cheesy

Now I hope you see the futility of PoW mining a coin that has PoS. Wink So hashrate/N changes/whatever is not an issue for YAC in the long run (when there are many coins participating in proof of stake).
END EDIT.

- The lack of development news (not blaming the dev(s), I understand you can't do miracles with few numbers, but it's an issue from outside).
Currently we're trying to improve the client start-up time. Not much success so far (moved to LevelDB), but I've got an idea. (Make a bounty! Tongue)

If these 2 things are tackled I don't see why YAC couldn't become more widespread. If nothing changes, well, I'm afraid we'll all have a good amount of very cheap coins.
They're already quite cheap. Smiley Time to buy!

GPG key ID: 5E4F108A || BTC: 1hoardyponb9AMWhyA28DZb5n5g2bRY8v
bitdwarf

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:18:03 AM

I don't see mining having any problem at all, new coins keep being added regularly, and transactions are fast. For once we have a coin that has worked nominally since release without needing any tweaks.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
St.Bit

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:20:05 PM

Also, it's quite easy to supress PoW entirely if any large YAC holder wanted to do so - just hold onto your coins and when you see a PoW block on the network, ignore it and quickly make one PoS block linking to the previous block (not the new PoW block). The other peers will happily orphan the PoW block. You will need to make some code changes to your client first, but it's not that difficult and IMHO worth it for the lulz. Just imagine all the YAC pools getting nothing but orphans. Cheesy

Now I hope you see the futility of PoW mining a coin that has PoS. Wink So hashrate/N changes/whatever is not an issue for YAC in the long run (when there are many coins participating in proof of stake).
Don't get me bad ideas ...

Actually it does piss me off that people can now buy YACs so much cheaper than I had paid. I wouldn't even have to actually fight many POWs since I ask the miners for a little donation. It would be a shame if something happend to your block. Since I would still kill a lot of blocks there would be far less supply for the exchanges.

In fact I can't stop people from selling cheap at the exchanges, but if I punish all miners for to low prices I can somewhat stabilize the market. I do have the coins, the money to buy significant on the exchanges to prevent a panic and my morals ain't that good either.

On a total different subject, how can I automatically split up a big wallet into a few small ones. Let's say about 10.000 adresses?

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
sairon

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:29:33 PM

Actually it does piss me off that people can now buy YACs so much cheaper than I had paid. I wouldn't even have to actually fight many POWs since I ask the miners for a little donation. It would be a shame if something happend to your block. Since I would still kill a lot of blocks there would be far less supply for the exchanges.

In fact I can't stop people from selling cheap at the exchanges, but if I punish all miners for to low prices I can somewhat stabilize the market. I do have the coins, the money to buy significant on the exchanges to prevent a panic and my morals ain't that good either.
Wink

On a total different subject, how can I automatically split up a big wallet into a few small ones. Let's say about 10.000 adresses?
Something like:
1) create new wallet.dat
2) generate and save 10000 addresses via RPC command
3) switch to your old wallet.dat
4) send X YAC to each of these 10k addresses you just generated
5) Huh
6) Profit!

Some BASH code for step 2:
Code:
for i in $(seq 1 10000) ; do yacoind getnewaddress >> addresses.txt ; done

And for step 4:
Code:
for address in $(cat addresses.txt) ; do yacoind sendtoaddress ${address} <AMOUNT> ; done
Replace <AMOUNT> by the amount of YACs you want to send to each address.

Quite easy. Wink

St.Bit

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:57:52 PM

Quite easy. Wink
Wouldn't that be better to do with CC from one single adress?

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
sairon

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:02:02 PM

Quite easy. Wink
Wouldn't that be better to do with CC from one single adress?

Sure, but not with CC as it can not be easily automated. The best way I can think of is setting an account for the address you want to send from (in yacoin-qt debug window console for example):
Code:
setaccount <bitcoinaddress> <account>
Give it some nice account name. Wink

Then instead of "sendtoaddress" use "sendfrom" (replace fromaccount by the name of the newly created account):
Code:
sendfrom <fromaccount> <tobitcoinaddress> <amount>

Gorgoy

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:20:09 PM

HI all, regarding the splitting of wallets into smaller sizes, would a 10,000 YAC deposit per address make the POS last longer, meaning that when it gets split in half 30 days from now, it will be 5,000 YAC and so on and so forth. Is there a sweet spot in YAC size? Does 5,000 YAC sound reasonable, I hate seeing all the tiny POS on the block chain. Just me?

LOVE YOU YAC!!!!! Keep on strong, even if the price has gone down, and yes I did purchase 95% of mt coins when the price was 5x what it is now, but the potential is great, still think YAC is the best coin around.

Ɏ : YEojPD2QxFVaSUypTLYhwJgmVekqoAtdE3
฿ : 1946hwLbBdLNSA1FFUY3ZvRx6j6dqvbzcE
Ł : LczTrStBZ8b1Y4DJU59CjtYRtjKufbTXPE
Ғ : 6i4S4BfHfC9LLmTBhjYDVKe7g8XfPz9uj8
Ψ : AGpoWwc6N59PPqKbzRTAiFG5WmDEQU7Ydp
ζ : ZLYFK2KNrFDDGVbEJPKnTdWuGk3iA3CNY2
G : GQbjHcGPgUwRBKZcdoMCpuf24QSXY5t5bf
St.Bit

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:16:10 AM

HI all, regarding the splitting of wallets into smaller sizes, would a 10,000 YAC deposit ...

It wouldn't generate more rewards but far more blocks. It wouldn't be a good idea.

As Sairon suggested a rouge player could troll miners by delaying the update of his POS and kill their now ophran blocks. Having more adresses could prevent or do such thing. For me it currently makes no sense to POS at the moment so having a few thousand adresses ready if they could be useful for preventing so that is someting I'm currently thinking about.

The problem with that is not so much the miners, it's the lost transactions and trouble this could cause.

aso118
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:38:51 AM

Just my two yacs lol

XPM sure is nice, but it doesn't have POS...only an innovative POW, and it's really complicated for it to move forward the way difficulty works.

Right now, there are so many alt coins out there, most people are hoping from coin to coin (including litecoin).  Once the price of BTC settles down, and people begin to start mining for long-term profit (instead of which ever coin is the highest on the profitability chart that day), I think we will see a (large) increase to our continuous mining community.

I think the result will be a higher difficultly for the coin, which will in return decrease the number of coins generated per block, which will increase the value of YAC.   I have all of my mining rigs mining YAC and I'm differently taking advantage of the low prices.  Smiley

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: