Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:59:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOT HOT HOT - The Original Hot Sauce Superstore Now Accepting BTC  (Read 7178 times)
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:03:02 PM

I would gladly use BBQcoin Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OpenYourEyes

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:58:54 PM

I don't see any "Pay by Bitcoin" at the checkout stage, just PayPal and Card?

Above PayPal it says "bitcoins via bit-pay.com"
Not there for me, even tried creating an account.

I'm stuck on "Step 1 of 3", it display a shipping option, but clicking on "Continue" takes me back to 1.
This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.
United Parcel Service (1 x 4.60lbs)

Perhaps it is something to do with selecting UK as the country.

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
PGP key | Bitmessage: BM-GuCA7CkQ8ojXSFGrREpMDuWgv495FUX7
hothothot1994 (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 01:21:57 AM

My business partners and I were just talking about beer pairings! We are definately going to do something with pairings soon. Either an article or a special section. Is there any beer pairing content in particular that you'd be I retested in? For instance, recipes with hot sauce and beer pairings, beer pairings in the descriptions, it's own section, how to pair beers with sauces, all of the above... Smiley

How about listing 1-5 suggested beer pairings (by brand and/or type) for each sauce and an introductory article explaining the logic behind them?

This process could be automated by tagging your sauces (savory, smokey, sweet, tart, fruity, painful, etc.) and doing a lookup against an existing database of beer (BA or Ratebeer's).  You'd have to write the matching algorithm (If [hot=true and savory=false] Then [suggest=Pilsner]).

You could get fancy and have a reverse search too, so we can look up which hot sauce to get according to what beer we have/like.

*clicks 'Beer -> Sauce search'*
*clicks 'Stone Brewery' logo*
*selects 'IPA' from dropdown menu*
*enjoys expertly selected salsa pairing perfectly*

Could you commission a vendor to create a Bitcoin-only "Satoshi's Secret Sauce?"  I'm thinking that would be a souped-up Sriracha with grilled pineapple/pluot instead of sugar, less garlic, Scotch Bonnet, a pinch of celery seed and fresh cilantro, plus a shot of tequila and a splash of single malt.   Grin

Wow, this is a great post!!! I'm really glad we decided to post here...

All those ideas are great and really got me excited it incorporate beer into the site.

We can create private label sauces and that's a great recipe. And a great idea to make it BTC only. If and when we do this, I'll personally send you a free bottle. That recipe sounds delicious!!
hothothot1994 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 01:25:17 AM

I've been working with OpenYourEyes and if you live outside of the US I will have to create a custom order for you so please pm me if you are interested in a buying. There is an issue with international shipping and the site won't process correctly, we can absolutely ship outside of the US while we work on this issue though.
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:45:38 AM

Making a purchase. Can't wait Tongue

Edit, It won't let me pay via BTC, but I'll buy it via paypal for the effort
hothothot1994 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 03:01:16 AM

Making a purchase. Can't wait Tongue

Edit, It won't let me pay via BTC, but I'll buy it via paypal for the effort

Thanks, PMing to see what's wrong with BTC
hothothot1994 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 02:28:23 AM

The BitPay option is back up and running for bitcoin payments.
hothothot1994 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 09:16:24 PM

We are running a Father's Day special for Bitcoiners...

If you need any last minute gifts, get 15% off by using coupon code: DAD2013BTC
hothothot1994 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 10:50:41 PM

Happy Bitcoin Black Friday! For all orders over $50 we are throwing in a FREE bottle of Scorned Woman Hot Sauce...you can also use coupon code HOLIDAYS13 for an additional 10% off!

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b528/dixon11111/GetImageashx_zps682a07f9.jpeg
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 12:51:55 AM

That is some danky sauce. Smiley
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:07:46 AM

These guys have a great selection of sauces and excellent service.  Someone accidentally dropped one of my 1498 Heartbreaking Dawn scorpion pepper sauces on the floor and it broke.  The house had to be evacuated and people were acting like they'd been tear gassed.  I was pretty impressed.  That isn't even the hottest sauce I have.

The Heartbreaking Dawn series of sauces is one of my favorites.  They generally use the hottest of peppers, but blend them in a way that there's a lot more to the sauce than just heat.  I particularly like what they've done with the scorpion pepper and ghost pepper.  These sauces are by no means mild, but there are actually well-considered flavors in addition to the peppers, and in a recipe that lets you taste some of the subtleties, like the fruity undertones of the ghost pepper.  Usually, the ghost pepper has such a rapid attack that you only get a second or two of its actual taste before your head explodes.

I usually now prefer this kind of sauce to the extreme sauces like the Dave's Insanity blends, because those often rely solely on the bludgeon-like use of the pepper to the exclusion of any actual taste.  (But I did get one Dave's product, the Insanity Spice which is basically red savina peppers sprayed with capsaicin.  Like the pizza topping but mind-blastingly hot.  I recommend it.  Even used in barely visible amounts, it kicks any dish up a notch.)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: