Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:26:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a default trust member (Lauda) arbitrary destroy other people's reputation??  (Read 5859 times)
cleavey

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:36:08 PM

If you endure so much trouble for people's well-being what is this ? Really, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1850924.0

https://i.imgur.com/B1xHJV3.jpg
Your point I assume is that he chides someone for investing in what he thinks is trash, and promotes a coin that you think is trash? One mans trash is another mans treasure, I don't think that point stands. Or were you pointing out that he called someone an idiot for investing in something he doesn't like, and that that somehow means he was working against their well-being? I think the opposite is true, if the opinion is genuine then I think it's fine to point out that he thinks it's a bad decision, and certainly is in their well-being. Arguably he could have put it "nicer", but it gets the point across well, and I got a laugh at the way the opinion was delivered. It doesn't seem to be a personal attack.

I can't believe I've spent so much time reading all of this thread and replying, but it's fun to delve into forum nonsense once in a while. My opinion that no one asked for is *drumroll* ... Lauda did a minor thing that they had every right to do, and shills responded in force. I've been following DeepOnion for a few days, even going so far as to create an account on their forum, asked some questions, I have a DeepOnion wallet. I think it's an interesting coin, but I also disagree (yet find amusing) how some have been incensed, and organised themselves into action over this. It's a disgusting side of internet culture (culture in general really), but fascinating. I just had to watch Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:07:07 AM

If you endure so much trouble for people's well-being what is this ? Really, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1850924.0

[img ]https://i.imgur.com/B1xHJV3.jpg[/img]
Your point I assume is that he chides someone for investing in what he thinks is trash, and promotes a coin that you think is trash? One mans trash is another mans treasure, I don't think that point stands. Or were you pointing out that he called someone an idiot for investing in something he doesn't like, and that that somehow means he was working against their well-being? I think the opposite is true, if the opinion is genuine then I think it's fine to point out that he thinks it's a bad decision, and certainly is in their well-being. Arguably he could have put it "nicer", but it gets the point across well, and I got a laugh at the way the opinion was delivered. It doesn't seem to be a personal attack.

I can't believe I've spent so much time reading all of this thread and replying, but it's fun to delve into forum nonsense once in a while. My opinion that no one asked for is *drumroll* ... Lauda did a minor thing that they had every right to do, and shills responded in force. I've been following DeepOnion for a few days, even going so far as to create an account on their forum, asked some questions, I have a DeepOnion wallet. I think it's an interesting coin, but I also disagree (yet find amusing) how some have been incensed, and organised themselves into action over this. It's a disgusting side of internet culture (culture in general really), but fascinating. I just had to watch Grin
very well said, couldn't have said it better myself. people butt heads over their opinions on here all the time; presenting your opinion with reasons as to why x is a bad idea / scam as to dissuade others from dumping their money and time is more often than not met with shills and sockpuppets here of all places. sure lauda could've been less crass in how he put it in the quoted comment, but it stands there's reasoning behind it, and not at all just a personal attack. I've personally had zero negative interactions with lauda and have no reason to believe he would throw around his opinions without being able to back them up.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 06:45:17 AM

That's an objective assessment of the reality behind some of the top "currencies" (minus 1). Surely the usage of the word "scam" may be argued about, but that's often very subjective anyways. If you are too stupid to figure out the reasoning behind those statements and/or are unable to do the required research to come to the same conclusions, then I can only tell you "good luck with your life, you're going to need it". In addition to this, you're trying to insinuate that my involvement with BSD has something to do with this thread, your deeponion shitcoin or those statements. This only makes you look like an idiot. My opinions on those altcoins have been consistent (note: Some required certain events in the past to happen, thus opinion may not be the same since day one) long before I started managing the BSD campaign; the negative ratings were all warranted and backed up with references.

...but I also disagree (yet find amusing) how some have been incensed, and organised themselves into action over this. It's a disgusting side of internet culture (culture in general really), but fascinating. I just had to watch Grin
Something similar happened when someone exposed alts from the Turkish local board. A lot of them came running as true shills to back each other up, disgusting to say the least.

I've personally had zero negative interactions with lauda and have no reason to believe he would throw around his opinions without being able to back them up.
Kitty 'members. Kiss

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
the-doctor

Activity: 542
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:30:29 AM

My personal experience with this coin is very positivie. Everything develops as promised till now, and they are very helpfull engaged and it is obvious that they are very skilled. So this FUD negative feedback just shows me how frightend are some by this project. Cheers

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
harox

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

▲™

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:36:23 PM

Why is this thread important again? Huh Went through so much shit forgot the topic  Roll Eyes
Crystaleyes

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:18:39 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 11:32:42 PM by Crystaleyes

I don't know Lauda, nor have I read all of this thread, but something smells well fishy about DeepOnion.

The other day, after discovering that the 'Tor based token` wallet did not work in Linux, I asked the OP of the ANN (Crypto Rainbow),

"after downloading and extracting the 'wallet' file for Linux v1.1 from the DeepOnion website, which application is required to open, deeponiond?"...

...to which he replied, "YES"...  

Huh Huh Huh Huh Wtf?Huh

so, to be clear 'DeepOnion' is a token to 'give you absolute privacy and anonymity', which only has wallets in Windows and Mac?

Yeah right..............

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCAM!!!!!!!!

Kiss

Is it not amazing? That in the sub-micro world of the atom, quantum physics requires the perpetual motion of particles with both spin and orbital motions.

Yet in the macro world, mainstream science is based upon the law that a perpetual motion machine is absolutely impossible!

This is the embarrassing state of today's science...
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 08:13:32 AM

"after downloading and extracting the 'wallet' file for Linux v1.1 from the DeepOnion website, which application is required to open, deeponiond?"...
 ...to which he replied, "YES"...  
Huh Huh Huh Huh Wtf?Huh
so, to be clear 'DeepOnion' is a token to 'give you absolute privacy and anonymity', which only has wallets in Windows and Mac?
But, but, my precious onions??? This coin is 100% anonymous!! Cry

Just wait till they come swarming in here and attacking you; wouldn't be surprising given what they've been doing recently.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Crystaleyes

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:37:12 AM

Just wait till they come swarming in here and attacking you; wouldn't be surprising given what they've been doing recently.

Probably...

I got my posts deleted in the ANN for asking that question, along with asking, "if they thought Mossad and co. were actually our friends?"

To me, it's either kids (idiots) having a go at getting rich quick, or it is something worse.

Is it not amazing? That in the sub-micro world of the atom, quantum physics requires the perpetual motion of particles with both spin and orbital motions.

Yet in the macro world, mainstream science is based upon the law that a perpetual motion machine is absolutely impossible!

This is the embarrassing state of today's science...
DogeMajestic

Activity: 139
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:35:21 AM

To me, it's either kids (idiots) having a go at getting rich quick, or it is something worse.

most likely both, idiots + something worse

Don't accept the scams
BigBadBitBaron

Activity: 463
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:33:11 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 04:00:01 PM by BigBadBitBaron

Well, after some research, I might agree with Lauda.
Even if you ignore the initial rating, you can take a look at the follow up ratings. They are both warranted.

Nah. You gave neg rep.
So you do give a damn.
No. I don't need to care about something to give it a negative rating. What I exactly meant is that I couldn't care about the specifications/features/et. al. of that shitcoin.

Confused here  Huh

Where I come from, if you don't give a damn about something, you ignore it.  It shouldn't be taking up any space in your mind Roll Eyes

I really don't see the need for the character assassination of a developer who has a coin that you don't care about ??

Why get yourself all annoyed and worked up ??

you don't like the coin ??   So what---- I don't like cheese..  

But I don't go around chastising everyone who eats the stuff..  

But I Do Like ONIONS  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Take a chill pill @Lauda... life's too short dude  Cool

sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:52:34 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 04:04:15 PM by sbogovac

[...] Confused here  Huh

Where I come from, if you don't give a damn about something, you ignore it.  It shouldn't be taking up any space in your mind Roll Eyes

I really don't see the need for the character assassination of a developer who has a coin that you don't care about ??

you don't like the coin ??   So what---- I don't like cheese..  

Take a chill pill @Lauda... life's too short dude  Cool

Actually, some people care about others and try to warn them of potentially dangerous situations.

OK you don't like cheese, you say? But what if a certain cheese is actually going bad and turning poisonous? You'd just "mellow" and let others eat it?

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
BigBadBitBaron

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:09:39 PM

[...] Confused here  Huh

Where I come from, if you don't give a damn about something, you ignore it.  It shouldn't be taking up any space in your mind Roll Eyes

you don't like the coin ??   So what---- I don't like cheese.. 

Take a chill pill @Lauda... life's too short dude  Cool

Actually, some people care about others and try to warn them of potentially dangerous situations.

OK you don't like cheese, you say? But what if a certain cheese is actually going bad and turning poisonous? You'd just "mellow" and let orgers eat it?

Isn't cheese supposed to be Rotten and Rotting ??
Can't be 100% because i don't care for it, so I simply ignore it  Shocked Shocked

Don't care much for this negativity either as I got no time for it.
But One last thing before I take my own advice and clear the space in my mind that these Negative attitudes are taking up.

If your a cheese lover and you don't like onions...  Bit of a dilemna when someone gives you cheese & onion crisps  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 04:12:57 PM

Where I come from, if you don't give a damn about something, you ignore it.  
No, that's not how intelligent beings work and do not generalize.

It shouldn't be taking up any space in your mind Roll Eyes
If we measured the value of this project in bytes, as in space that it would occupy, it would take up 0 bytes. Roll Eyes

Facts != character assassination.

Pretty sure that I am neither? Poker face as always.

You and people like you are part of the reason for which shitcoins exist and for which people get scammed. Just FYI.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BigBadBitBaron

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:21:43 PM

You and people like you are part of the reason for which shitcoins exist and for which people get scammed. Just FYI.
[/quote]

From what I have read about you lauda the following phrase comes to mind, bearing in mind I will probably end up with a cildish driven negative trust feedback

"People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:18:16 PM

[...] "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

I've got one for you too:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: