Bitcoin Forum
August 31, 2024, 03:26:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase the Bitcoin Dumpster  (Read 1677 times)
Crytpozer0

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:23:42 PM

Coinbase is so official as it gets, on long term I think coinbase will work very well with government and expose all accounts, I dont see coinbase as something decentralized and crypto user friendly

Propane

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:24:26 PM

Yes, they are very bad. Moreover GDAX has not a very good uptime. It is totally unfair that they are valued so much when there are way better exchanges.
Crytpozer0

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:38:32 PM

Yes, they are very bad. Moreover GDAX has not a very good uptime. It is totally unfair that they are valued so much when there are way better exchanges.

It is true, I think coinbase will be secure (very secure) but will screw you up in future if it comes to taxes and anonimity

BigJRepairs (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:41:54 AM

It is true, I think coinbase will be secure (very secure) but will screw you up in future if it comes to taxes and anonimity

I had completely forgotten about that. A few years back I'd gotten an email from my bank asking if I wanted to link my Coinbase account, to my bank profile. I went back to double check, I hadn't used that bank for any transactions.

In the long run if people can develop a significant ecosystem beyond mining, and speculation the pump won't be so bad. Otherwise it's best to guess how much their fiat pump is, and when the note is getting called in by the banks.

I'm not going to waste any more time on them, I'm just going to close the account.
bilman

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:01:56 AM

I've been trading on Coinbase about 4 years. I sent a Litecoin back in April as a test before sending the rest, and it's still pending on the Coinbase end after 4 months. After several support tickets, and trying to call I gave up on them entirely. It shows up with over 60 thousand confirmations, and they just completely ignore me. I'm not the only one that's had this happen in recent months. They have quickly turned into the worst exchange available. I'd heavily advise against trading with them. If you have an account with them, move it somewhere else, or offline.

i just trading using them. i also having a hard time. bad!!
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1126

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:40:52 AM

JUST LIKE the BTC blockchain:  it has become too congested & needs to scale.

Plus Coinbase is late in the game, catching up with BCH.  At least wait for them to credit your BCH before you go, @BigJRepairs or you'll forfeit it!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: