Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:10:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: September 11th Security Fee $10  (Read 2210 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:42:27 PM

They really need to decide which way they want to tax us. They can't have it both ways.
They can, and do.

Apparently, they can do whaaaaatttt ever they wanna do. It's just craziness.

Have you looked up what the IRS is doing to the Tea Party members now?

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2192911

None of that makes sense to me, I don't even know what a tea party is except a bunch of people having tea together? But yes, I heard something about the irs targeted someone.

I think it's a Alice in Wonderland thing. People drink tea and one of them has to wear a silly hat or something.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 11:49:47 PM

Your psychosis is treatable. Please seek help.
I think you just proved his point.

None of that makes sense to me, I don't even know what a tea party is except a bunch of people having tea together? But yes, I heard something about the irs targeted someone.

Well, perhaps you recall hearing of the incident where some patriots (your government would probably call them terrorists - come to think of it, so would ours, but that's beside the point) tossed a load of tea into Boston Harbor? Over here we called that the "Boston Tea Party."

Fast forward ~250 years, and: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement#History

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:53:51 PM

Well, perhaps you recall hearing of the incident where some patriots (your government would probably call them terrorists - come to think of it, so would ours, but that's beside the point) tossed a load of tea into Boston Harbor? Over here we called that the "Boston Tea Party."

Fast forward ~250 years, and: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement#History

m-nope, never heard about them throwing tea into boston harbor [Sounds like waste of tax payers dollars to me]. I tried reading the wiki, but it is just mubo jumbo to me. I have no clue what any of it means. Except that I know the government is evil, common sense.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 11:59:07 PM

m-nope, never heard about them throwing tea into boston harbor
What do they teach about the colonies breaking away? For us, it's the start of an era, for the UK, it's the beginning of the end...

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:40:47 AM

m-nope, never heard about them throwing tea into boston harbor [Sounds like waste of tax payers dollars to me]. I tried reading the wiki, but it is just mubo jumbo to me. I have no clue what any of it means. Except that I know the government is evil, common sense.

The tea-incident was about some cowards dressed like native-americans* trowing some tea into the sea because they did not like that tea that were already taxed in US were to be shipped to UK without the tax being repaid to the US.

*The coward part is that they wanted to blame someone else for their actions. Their actions would have been in a different light if they had been willing to openly stand for what they did.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 12:49:35 AM

The tea-incident was about some cowards dressed like native-americans* trowing some tea into the sea because they did not like that tea that were already taxed in US were to be shipped to UK without the tax being repaid to the US.

*The coward part is that they wanted to blame someone else for their actions. Their actions would have been in a different light if they had been willing to openly stand for what they did.
I don't think any real attempt to hide who did it was really made. The dressing as natives seems more like a statement, than anything. What better way, after all, to show that you have "gone native" than to dress the part?

Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:15:49 AM

I don't think any real attempt to hide who did it was really made. The dressing as natives seems more like a statement, than anything. What better way, after all, to show that you have "gone native" than to dress the part?

I respectfully disagree - Methink that they dressed as indians as a disguise and to put the blame at someone else. If they had wanted to make a statement, they would likely have dressed normally with some native symbols(no soot/red dirt in their face etc.)  -If they F.I. had worn their normal clothes and a feather around their arm or something like that, I would have seen that as a symbolic act.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 01:24:27 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 07:13:21 AM by myrkul

I respectfully disagree - Methink that they dressed as indians as a disguise and to put the blame at someone else. If they had wanted to make a statement, they would likely have dressed normally with some native symbols(no soot/red dirt in their face etc.)  -If they F.I. had worn their normal clothes and a feather around their arm or something like that, I would have seen that as a symbolic act.
What, no war paint?

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:58:22 AM

Ok, you frigin guys are going way off the deep end! I just meant the govt bastards can and will do what ever they want. Who gives a shit if the original rebels war Indian dress that's not what the current tea party does. What the current group does pisses off the government and the government used the IRS to attack them. 

yolo2222

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:49:55 AM

Hi, I'm German. Apparently we're still Nazis. Also we seem to kill Jews by the boatload. Also I'm personally responsible for World War 2. Also ask me why I didn't stop Hitler.

Some of you still behave like this.

And what's this ?

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/right-wing-extremism-the-village-where-the-neo-nazis-rule-a-737471.html

In general I don't like Germans much, however I'm smart enough to know I shouldn't generalize too much, and that each individual is different.

But I've been to Germany a few times, and here's some of my observations:

* Police not having a smile on their faces, same with shop guards. It's like their face says: One single fault, and you're off to the gas chamber.

* Lots of germans are very unfriendly

* I was on a subway once, and there was a 'near death' drug addict raving about asking for money, he did stink pretty badly. Most people turned their heads away in disgust, and mothers hid their children in their clothes. Nobody seemed to have respect for this person as a fellow human being, he was more like some obnoxious creature worth nothing. If somebody came with a mobile gas chamber and pushed him into that, I'm sure most of them would've just've cheered to get rid of this uneasiness in their every day life.

But that man was someones brother, someones kid, maybe even someones father. And with the right (or rather wrong) circumstances, it could be any of the passengers on that subway being put in this druggies position.

* Germans often lack humor.

* There's too much bureacraucy.

* I got a lot of hateful looks esp. from German men.

* Don't question authority..

Perhaps it has something to do with the climate. In general I think Germans are mostly like most people, caring mostly about themselves.

With the right political circumstances I'm willing to bet we'd have Hitler and WW2 all over again, I didn't get a good vibe from my visits.

Most germans are sheep, and would not stand up risking their own jobs/lifes/families in the event the politicians went rogue.

Yepp - from an intellectual standpoint I know that you can't generalize on a group and that you would have to treat the individuals as individuals, but I'm sure more inclined to visit other countries in the future. And you Germans can thank yourself for that.

If I were you, I certainly would not be proud of being a German.

You are one funny stupid man. Unbelievable!

I wonder what city you went to...

TheFootMan

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:58:33 AM

You are one funny stupid man. Unbelievable!

I wonder what city you went to...

Hehe. Glad you liked it. Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: