Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:55:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Want to start a big mining pool, is it profitable? and wich script?  (Read 886 times)
marksteven (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:10:15 PM

hi, i am thinking of starting a big mining pool like hash-to-coins.com.
Do you think i can earn much with it, how much per month if so?
And wich script do you suggest? CoiniumServ , Unomp or another?

And are there other things that i need to know?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:27:06 PM

Judging from what you wrote you are pretty new to this, so I can tell you right away chose something else to do. Anyway to answer you questions.

Pools earning are percentage based, so your earnings will be based on number of users mining

Big pools are running their own custom made scripts. If you chose to run pre-made script, you will be just like 1000 other pools

Should be experienced in server management. Running a pool is not that easy, if something breaks and inexperienced guy like you is running pool, how do you expect to fix a potential problem ? Other thing, there are thousands of pools now, why would someone mine on your pool ?
ValyLupy

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:47:10 PM

Do not create what is already there. Create something of your own, original and successful to you!
marksteven (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:51:28 PM

Judging from what you wrote you are pretty new to this, so I can tell you right away chose something else to do. Anyway to answer you questions.

Pools earning are percentage based, so your earnings will be based on number of users mining

Big pools are running their own custom made scripts. If you chose to run pre-made script, you will be just like 1000 other pools

Should be experienced in server management. Running a pool is not that easy, if something breaks and inexperienced guy like you is running pool, how do you expect to fix a potential problem ? Other thing, there are thousands of pools now, why would someone mine on your pool ?

tnx for your answer, you are right, maybe i have to think twice , if i do it or not
marksteven (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:54:34 PM

Do not create what is already there. Create something of your own, original and successful to you!

you mean a new script for mining pools? not the already known scripts?

for example http://aikapool.com/ also uses mpos, and is successfull ,or?
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 09:16:01 PM

Is it a bitcoin mining pool you wish to start?

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
marksteven (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:15:59 AM

Is it a bitcoin mining pool you wish to start?
no, i was thinking of a pool like scrypt pool or gpu mining pool.
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:28:11 PM

So my suggestion from miners perspective.

Would suggest staying away from big coins as there are minning pools for all those coins and noone will need new pool. Eitherway you will be tied to luck with low hashpower. Primary "markets" for you would be:

1) Like several other pools scouting each day Altcoin ANN thread and adding pools for coins. Including crappy ones.
2) Pools for older forgotten coins which sometimes are very profitable but there are no pools on them. Also Yobit bots sometimes pump old coins and they can be profitable for several days-weeks.
3) Be fast and get pool online for coins after forks or change of algo. Some pools don't update their wallets/nodes and thus can't be used to mine on new chain.

Continuing on 1st comment, as i often mine shitcoins would like decent pool which uses MPOS or at least YIIMP so i can see stats, nethashrate diff. And all other stats they show. Opposite of Unomp which just show current hashrate of workers and rejects. Bad part of MPOS would be you probably have to use offline wallets or risk losing coins as it allows to set payout limits thus coins can be accumulate to quite big ammounts and be risk of theft.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: