Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:03:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PicoStash - Host and sell files for BTC/LTC/DASH  (Read 1342 times)
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:16:23 AM

Checking out the service and I am impressed with the details you have put up there but at the same time, I think more more publicity should be done on the digital section of the forum. Also, I want to know if there is a kind of dispute resolution because a situation whereby service provision is misrepresented in other to gain more attention.

Thanks. You mean a dispute over the contents of the files? Since all transactions are final due to the nature of the cryptocurrencies you would have to contact the seller directly. All the coins are directly transferred to the seller and not held by us, so we do not have the coins any longer after a successful payment has been received. That's why there currently is no marketplace like section on the website (until the seller rating system is in place). You should only considering buying files if you have found the link to them on a blog/forum/twitter feed etc. you trust.

Thank you for the response which is even timely at that. And I think more is to be done to make the sellers responsible the reason why I said that is because people who are morally deficient might want to use that as a means to scam users and it won't be long before people start tagging the go between as the platform to scam people. My opinion though.

Well, online buying is always risky. No one casually fall for online buying without complete trust and knowledge about seller. So 'After Sale' dispute don't have much relevance here.
But yeah, I feel Picostash should have some verification process to check authenticity of files before sale link is off since sale/purchase will directly affect company reputation. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:24:12 PM

Checking out the service and I am impressed with the details you have put up there but at the same time, I think more more publicity should be done on the digital section of the forum. Also, I want to know if there is a kind of dispute resolution because a situation whereby service provision is misrepresented in other to gain more attention.

Thanks. You mean a dispute over the contents of the files? Since all transactions are final due to the nature of the cryptocurrencies you would have to contact the seller directly. All the coins are directly transferred to the seller and not held by us, so we do not have the coins any longer after a successful payment has been received. That's why there currently is no marketplace like section on the website (until the seller rating system is in place). You should only considering buying files if you have found the link to them on a blog/forum/twitter feed etc. you trust.

Thank you for the response which is even timely at that. And I think more is to be done to make the sellers responsible the reason why I said that is because people who are morally deficient might want to use that as a means to scam users and it won't be long before people start tagging the go between as the platform to scam people. My opinion though.

Well, online buying is always risky. No one casually fall for online buying without complete trust and knowledge about seller. So 'After Sale' dispute don't have much relevance here.
But yeah, I feel Picostash should have some verification process to check authenticity of files before sale link is off since sale/purchase will directly affect company reputation. 
If there would be verification first before selling files then that would mean that it would be a tedious process for both the user/sellers and picostash. Scale this situation to hundreds of submissions per day, imagine the nightmare of reviewing each and everyone of the files.

An escrowed transaction is always best for this. The only time picostash should be involved is when there is a problem with the files. And because the money are not released yet, the buyer has a chance to dispute the problem.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:18:32 PM

If there would be verification first before selling files then that would mean that it would be a tedious process for both the user/sellers and picostash. Scale this situation to hundreds of submissions per day, imagine the nightmare of reviewing each and everyone of the files.

An escrowed transaction is always best for this. The only time picostash should be involved is when there is a problem with the files. And because the money are not released yet, the buyer has a chance to dispute the problem.

Yeah nice solution. Despite of any separate escrow, it would be good if picostash itself hold money till buyer approves the authenticity of document. This will build the environment of trust between both buyer and seller as well as of customers towards picostash.
a_schaeffer (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:14:14 PM

Yeah nice solution. Despite of any separate escrow, it would be good if picostash itself hold money till buyer approves the authenticity of document. This will build the environment of trust between both buyer and seller as well as of customers towards picostash.

This kind of functionality will add a bit more manual processing, but I agree that it might be worth it. Most likely with a time window in which a dispute can be filed, and if not filed within that window the earnings are transferred to the seller (if the buyer indicates everything is OK, the earnings can be transferred immediately)
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:29:45 AM

There are many such sites coming up every day and being announced here in bitcointalk.
To get users, particularly buyers you will need a continuous campaign across the forum by means of bounties and signature campaign, without which the site cannot self sustain.

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:29:49 AM

There are many such sites coming up every day and being announced here in bitcointalk.
To get users, particularly buyers you will need a continuous campaign across the forum by means of bounties and signature campaign, without which the site cannot self sustain.

The reason why the Signature Campaign was made, to make the site more popular. Well, it is the obvious way to advertise a new site. But it don't need to be a continuous one, if you think you can stop the campaign, it can be stopped. But if you really need more buyers and users for your site or service, I think you will be needing to keep it a little longer.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
hackerplace

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:40:54 AM

good project
picostash allow to add more files, other services allow only one file (and i need to zip it)
a_schaeffer (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:11:30 PM

good project
picostash allow to add more files, other services allow only one file (and i need to zip it)

Thanks. Yes it allows up to 20 files (after 20 you'll have to zip eventually) with a total max size of 2 GB.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:01:50 PM

Its good to see some improvement suggestions and even willingness for implementation which was will make the site a place to trust. Trust they say is not cheap especially in this crypto space that services like this is being provided. Also, I would suggest if the timing talked about is put in the FAQ section or HOW TO section of the site for easy access to users.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:30:19 PM

I am sure this is something that has been implemented. In this current round of campaign there is even an opening to include boards on the Altcoin section of the forum in other to reach more potential clients and users.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: