Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:35:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Armory on the BCH chain  (Read 45947 times)
SimonBelmond

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:00:02 PM

It then seems to do pretty much nothing.

Your DB shows it's scanning. The wallet check runs in parallel and is unrelated to the DB or the init process.

So should I just leave it on over night when QT is opened?

Was it actually doing something but not showing the progress bar?

Edit: lol, i see now in the db window "scanned from block ..." updating every second or so

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SimonBelmond

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:30:25 AM

OK, it worked over night. Now I am actually seeing one confirmation for a tx which was done a few days after the split. I think I have to remove more block data still and remove it... Quite strange, so split must be well before file 949.... I may have to experiment a little with that then....
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:19:30 AM

OK, it worked over night. Now I am actually seeing one confirmation for a tx which was done a few days after the split. I think I have to remove more block data still and remove it... Quite strange, so split must be well before file 949.... I may have to experiment a little with that then....

If your coins have not moved months prior to the split, you can afford to overshoot. Actually, you are better off overshooting and reintroducing files later, as the DB can append forward but needs rescanned backwards.

SimonBelmond

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:28:11 PM

If your coins have not moved months prior to the split, you can afford to overshoot. Actually, you are better off overshooting and reintroducing files later, as the DB can append forward but needs rescanned backwards.

Perfect, I'll take of some files and can always add later. I'll report back how it worked.
SimonBelmond

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:35:56 PM

OK it all worked for me now. Thanks for the help. One of the issues was that I had only deleted one type of file from the blocks folder and not the other. So file 0949 was actually OK in the end. Broadcasted the raw tx and currently receiving BCH. Now almost done consolidating all my BCH....
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:21:30 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 08:25:07 PM by RoadStress

I thought I have this, but I'm not. I need help.

I'm starting ArmoryDB.exe -datadir=<path to Armory DB> --satoshi-datadir=<path to Core DB>
Then I'm starting ArmoryQT.exe with the same arguments. I turn off "Let Armory run Bitcoin/Core in the background" and I wait. But apparently Armory is stuck at block 472XXX and it's not updating no matter how I move the blkXXXXX.dat files files followed by a Rebuild Database option.

What am I doing wrong?

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:07:16 AM

keep adding blk files, blocks are not order in on chain so the one block linking the chain together can be 5 blk files ahead or more.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:52:15 AM

I did, but nothing happens. Even when I rebuild the database. Will add more Smiley

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:23:00 AM

I did, but nothing happens. Even when I rebuild the database. Will add more Smiley

Otherwise let me see your logs.

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:15:38 AM

I've spent my BCH accross hitbtc, changelly, shapeshift, poloniex and bittrex. They all worked ok. Changelly was the least annoying.

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:38:36 PM

Does anyone have some recommendations of a non KYC exchange able to perform a few 1-10 BCH to BTC conversions without being scammed in the process?

Bitfinex has no KYC if you only deposit and withdraw crypto. You can send bcash there, convert to BTC, and withdraw BTC, all with no KYC. You can also trade to USD in between, just not use banktransfers up or down.
I normally avoid exchanges, so I can't tell you about other options.
Let me know if you want a 10% fee reduce code for Bitfinex for the first month ;-)

Ente
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:09:37 PM

Otherwise let me see your logs.

Additional blk files were required. Thank you!

JamesBold

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:27:34 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 02:38:48 AM by JamesBold

Quick Q: Is the BCH signer supported for multi-sig transactions (lockboxes)? Is there a way to select BCH Signer for when creating a multi sig transaction? If not, is this a particularly easy thing to add - ability to select BCH Signer in Lockbox mode - or there are no plans to include this?

Background:
I finally got the Bitcoin ABC & Bch Signer working in a VMWare Ubuntu instance.
I'm able to see my BCH balances correctly both on regular wallets and my multi-signature (lockbox) wallets.

But, I can only select the BCH Signer for when doing transactions using regular wallets. I can't get it working with the multi-signature/lockbox wallets.

Is there any way I can at least just get the BCH out of there by somehow manually crafting the BCH signer multi-sig-transaction? (I don't mind even just sweeping private keys, but these funds are sitting in a multi-signature wallet, so I don't believe key swiping/export would work there, I don't know).

EDIT: I'm in the process of going through Bitcoin ABC node and seeing if I can manually do a multi sig transaction that way by importing private keys.

Image of when doing a Multi-sig/Lockbox transaction, error returned:
non-mandatory-script-verify-flag (Signature must use SIGHASH_FORKID)

https://i.imgur.com/MMO305O.png
JamesBold

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:29:06 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 08:02:17 AM by JamesBold

Crud, so I guess the issue is that I can't even get it working using Bitcoin ABC's.

I managed to use the bitcoin-cli command/debug to import the 3Lxx multisig address, and it's children 1-2 private keys. I also got redeemScript.
I went through the process of creating the raw transaction, then signing it. Still I get error from Bitcoin core:

16: mandatory-script-verify-flag-failed (Signature must be zero for failed CHECK(MULTI)SIG operation) (code -26)

I guess I need to reach out to Bitcoin ABC then

EDIT: Ok, I solved the issue. Needed to send the amount when signing transaction and had to include fees.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:30:51 PM

There's no support for the BCH signer with lockboxes because lockboxes are not covered by the new C++ wallet interface. I'd have to do that first to even look at the signer part.

JanCorRoos

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:25:19 PM

Hi

How does one install an offline version of Armory capable of signing for Bitcoin Cash??

I am currently running 0.93.2 on an offline machine (with TAILS), but unable to upgrade because of dependency problems.

I cannot find an offline install bundle for the new version or a repository to dependencies.

Please help! How do I get the latest version of Armory running on an offline machine?

Many thanks
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:09:26 PM

There are offline builds for 0.96.2. Otherwise, list the dependencies, download them and take those files to the offline machine.

pf

Activity: 176
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:38:28 AM

-------- Tricks --------
If you want to dump BCH but don't want to bother with the BCH node/don't trust their code, you can get around it with this trick:

I like this idea. Definitely don't trust BCH. Just wanna dump it ASAP Smiley

Quote from: goatpig
3) You'll want to create a copy of your blockchain data then remove blkXXXXX.dat files up until the fork point . I don't know which file this is, something around 950~960, I'm sure someone will figure out the exact file. Note that if you did not move any coins post fork yet, you do not need to delete anything.

949 was created on July 29 and I did no transactions around those days. Does this mean I should just remove all blk files 950 and above?

Also, is it enough to remove blk files? There are corresponding rev files in there. Do I need to remove those too?

4) With this done, you want to sync a fresh DB against this blockchain folder. Do not run a node against it, just start ArmoryDB against this folder, then start ArmoryQt, it will pick up on that DB.

How do I "start ArmoryDB against" a particular folder?

5) Once you're synced (it will show you as offline), you can create your transactions. You should pick utxos manually and keep track of them so as to not create conflicting transactions.

Sorry for these noobish questions, but I'm a bit confused. Will Armory not simply show me exactly how many BCH are in my wallet? (I wanna know exactly how many BCH I own that I can dump LOL.)
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

949 was created on July 29 and I did no transactions around those days. Does this mean I should just remove all blk files 950 and above?

Also, is it enough to remove blk files? There are corresponding rev files in there. Do I need to remove those too?

Armory does not use the rev files. Remove whatever amount of files you need to roll back the chain in a state where all your post fork coins are unspent.

https://btcarmory.com/docs/pathing

Sorry for these noobish questions, but I'm a bit confused. Will Armory not simply show me exactly how many BCH are in my wallet? (I wanna know exactly how many BCH I own that I can dump LOL.)

Using the "trick", you will know how much BCH you have in total, but since you can't use Armory to broadcast (you are not running an actual BCH node), Armory can't track which outputs you've spent on the BCH chain. If you dump in several transaction, you need to keep track of which utxos are still available.

pf

Activity: 176
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:40:10 AM

Armory does not use the rev files. Remove whatever amount of files you need to roll back the chain in a state where all your post fork coins are unspent.

https://btcarmory.com/docs/pathing

Using the "trick", you will know how much BCH you have in total, but since you can't use Armory to broadcast (you are not running an actual BCH node), Armory can't track which outputs you've spent on the BCH chain. If you dump in several transaction, you need to keep track of which utxos are still available.

I'm starting to get it, thank you! Just a few more questions if you don't mind:

1) What broadcasting website did you use? Others have reported http://blockdozer.com/insight/tx/send Have you tried that one? They don't use HTTPS which worries me.

2) I normally use https://bitcoinfees.21.co to check what BTC fees I should be using. What fees do you recommend for BCH? The faster I can dump, the better Smiley

3) Let's say I have a total of 2 BTC in various utxos in the Armory wallet. And let's say I'm transferring it all at once (to some BCH exchange address). Let's say I want to use the fee 0.001 BTC. Isn't it then just a matter of selecting all the utxos and transferring 1.999 BTC using a 0.001 BTC fee? I'm almost 100% sure this is correct, but I thought I'd make sure just in case.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: