Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:11:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ** NEW SITE bitgem.pw ** BTG BitGem 0.4.9.ALPHA1 | COLORED COINS | FAUCET  (Read 147646 times)
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:47:42 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 09:13:41 PM by mullick

So if wallet is up to date but checkpoint is to old according to wallet whats the issue?

You should try to redownload the blockchain. Delete everythig in your appdata/bitgem folder except your .conf and wallet .dat

Close the client and re-open it. It will download the blockchain again and all will be well Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mineral (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:53:43 PM

SAPPHIRE EDITION Win32 installer: version: 0.4.1.4  SAPPHIRE EDITION * UPDATED  20/JUN/13
          [official] bitgem-0.4.1.4-sapphire-win32-setup.exe       MD5SUM 4a16513906cf14d6c22c48e27e3a7106

Source: build branch 'sapphire', https://github.com/bitgem/bitgem/tree/sapphire

Oh no download link is down Sad

Just int the post. It is already corrected.

BTC: 1BTGghTiiqz2mQCYP2AiSv5ec5kcvkaJXu
LTC: LfgarrrLJgkZMSUCeScgHatxyfQtiggN9Z
BTG: gTpTt8d9rSejXDm4QX5vrLtPkrXkpwbrDL
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:01:18 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 09:11:31 PM by mullick

Perfect. I just woke Up. Ill play around with this for a while Smiley
mineral (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:04:04 PM

SAPPHIRE EDITION Win32 installer: version: 0.4.1.4  SAPPHIRE EDITION * UPDATED  20/JUN/13
          [official] bitgem-0.4.1.4-sapphire-win32-setup.exe       MD5SUM 4a16513906cf14d6c22c48e27e3a7106

Source: build branch 'sapphire', https://github.com/bitgem/bitgem/tree/sapphire

Oh no download link is down Sad

Just int the post. It is already corrected.

Perfect. I just woke Up. Ill play around with this for a while Smiley

mullik please, correct the post quoted by yourself, correct this link bitgem-0.4.1.4-sapphire-win32-setup.exe instead wrong one for avoiding confussions. tia

mullick
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:13:05 PM

Okay done. Thanks! I now get this error. I unlocked my wallet but still get this message. I unlocked it through the console and then through a bitgemd.bat Neither seem to fix the error

getgems translates BTGs amount into gemstones defined by means of the especified properties in params, returning the equivalent amount.
getgems <type> <carat> <color> <clarity> <cut> <shape> [<amount>]
getgems <type> : DIAMOND, RUBY, SAPPHIRE, EMERALD.
getgems <carat> : double.
getgems <color> : range D-Z.
getgems <clarity> : clarity levels I3, I2, I1, SI2, SI1, VS2, VS1, VVS2, VVS1, IF, FL.
getgems <cut> : cut proportions levels POOR, FAIR, GOOD, VERY_GOOD, EXCELLENT.
getgems <shape> : valid shapes TRILLION, TRIANGLE, EMERALD_SHAPE, RECTANGLE, TAPERED_BAGUETTE, BAGUETTE, SQUARE_CUSHION, SQUARE_EMERALD, SQUARE, HEART, MARQUISE, PEAR, OVAL, ROUND.
getgems [<amount>] : amount of BTGs to translate. By default, account balance.

requires wallet passphrase to be set with walletpassphrase first (code -1)
mineral (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:18:35 PM

Okay done. Thanks! I now get this error. I unlocked my wallet but still get this message. I unlocked it through the console and then through a bitgemd.bat Neither seem to fix the error

getgems translates BTGs amount into gemstones defined by means of the especified properties in params, returning the equivalent amount.
getgems <clarity> : clarity levels I3, I2, I1, SI2, SI1, VS2, VS1, VVS2, VVS1, IF, FL.
getgems <shape> : valid shapes TRILLION, TRIANGLE, EMERALD_SHAPE, RECTANGLE, TAPERED_BAGUETTE, BAGUETTE, SQUARE_CUSHION, SQUARE_EMERALD, SQUARE, HEART, MARQUISE, PEAR, OVAL, ROUND.

have you restarted it?

mullick
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:21:19 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 10:06:30 PM by mullick

have you restarted it?

Yes I unlocked it via the console Walletpassphrase "Mypassword" 999999 true And got the error. I closed out, re opened it and unlocked it via a .bat

@echo off
@echo Enter bitgem password...
SET /P variable=Password :
bitgemd walletpassphrase %variable% 9999999 true

And I still got the same error
Oreganobag

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:38:24 AM

These changes are so exciting! I'm up to 200 bitgems! Can't wait to see the variability merged in!
mineral (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:23:08 AM

These changes are so exciting! I'm up to 200 bitgems! Can't wait to see the variability merged in!

Nice!. Because 'carat effect', which does gems value exponential with carat, really your 200 BTGs are too valuable. You are lucky!

Oreganobag

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:07:03 AM

Indeed.

And if anyone wants to setup a pool, I can get a beefy server up and running in the US/CA, provide support, marketing, design so long as you can setup and manage the technical side. 40/60 split on gems (you get 60%) and I'll manage paying for the server on my own. I'm thinking 1-2% PPLNS. I don't see the other pool actively marketing, so this could be a good opportunity and experience for both of us.
MobGod

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 03:12:29 PM

Indeed.

And if anyone wants to setup a pool, I can get a beefy server up and running in the US/CA, provide support, marketing, design so long as you can setup and manage the technical side. 40/60 split on gems (you get 60%) and I'll manage paying for the server on my own. I'm thinking 1-2% PPLNS. I don't see the other pool actively marketing, so this could be a good opportunity and experience for both of us.
Does p2pool work or do you want pushpool ?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
YukonCoinelius

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:05:46 PM

ALERT - Stake Mining broken for small values

I am pretty sure now there is 1 or more faults in the stake mining for BitGem, and probably affecting other stake-mining coins too. I have close to debugged it, and will make another posting shortly with details on the issue and a fix.

For the moment, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND BitGem and BitBar users to disable stake mining. You can do this by adding a line “reservebalance=10000” (any number larger than your balance) in your bitgem.conf, and restarting the wallet/daemon.

This bug does not affect your existing gems/coins, you won't lose money, but your “stake mining power” (accrued Coin Age) is currently getting invisibly chewed up for nothing.

Note also: from preliminary investigation, I suspect this issue affects all the stake-mining coins, especially those dealing with small values like BitGem and BitBar, but even potentially YAC, NVC, PPC. It goes all the way back to the PPCoin source, unnoticed because it only affects stake credit on small amounts (like under 10 coins). If you have many small-value transactions in any of these coins, you may want to disable stake mining on them too, for now. (using reservebalance, as above). Larger values should be ok. I will try to work with the developers of these coin(s) to get this resolved, but it will take some time to understand the interplay of all the parameters on the different coins.

This is a pretty major issue, saving/making everyone a lot of money over the future. Gifts appreciated:

BitGem: gWhCCz9P4TDU2Uj2ZNgwpCvWEf7DhXTg9N
or,
BTC: 13xN2MvG9RcvWY92HeMpMFgBbGq9RLW64z
LTC: LKgvPQBp7wWxP57T8YWHY1dVnstBE81FyW
FRC: 19nQm96DNew1Wrm1LG9eNvpkTT2wauryih
(others welcome too, request my addr)
GoldBit89

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

Its all about the Gold

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:45:00 PM

why is no one mining this right now? i saw one person in pool get in for a couple min then off too?is there an issue that i need to stop mining?

FTC  6nvzqqaCEizThvgMeC86MGzhAxGzKEtNH8 |WDC WckDxipCes2eBmxrUYEhrUfNNRZexKuYjR  |BQC bSDm3XvauqWWnqrxfimw5wdHVDQDp2U8XU
BOT EjcroqeMpZT4hphY4xYDzTQakwutpnufQR |BTG geLUGuJkhnvuft77ND6VrMvc8vxySKZBUz |LTC  LhXbJMzCqLEzGBKgB2n73oce448BxX1dc4
BTC 1JPzHugtBtPwXgwMqt9rtdwRxxWyaZvk61  |ETH 0xA6cCD2Fb3AC2450646F8D8ebeb14f084F392ACFf
mineral (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:48:53 PM

ALERT - Stake Mining broken for small values

I am pretty sure now there is 1 or more faults in the stake mining for BitGem, and probably affecting other stake-mining coins too. I have close to debugged it, and will make another posting shortly with details on the issue and a fix.

For the moment, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND BitGem and BitBar users to disable stake mining. You can do this by adding a line “reservebalance=10000” (any number larger than your balance) in your bitgem.conf, and restarting the wallet/daemon.

This bug does not affect your existing gems/coins, you won't lose money, but your “stake mining power” (accrued Coin Age) is currently getting invisibly chewed up for nothing.

Note also: from preliminary investigation, I suspect this issue affects all the stake-mining coins, especially those dealing with small values like BitGem and BitBar, but even potentially YAC, NVC, PPC. It goes all the way back to the PPCoin source, unnoticed because it only affects stake credit on small amounts (like under 10 coins). If you have many small-value transactions in any of these coins, you may want to disable stake mining on them too, for now. (using reservebalance, as above). Larger values should be ok. I will try to work with the developers of these coin(s) to get this resolved, but it will take some time to understand the interplay of all the parameters on the different coins.

This is a pretty major issue, saving/making everyone a lot of money over the future. Gifts appreciated:

BitGem: gWhCCz9P4TDU2Uj2ZNgwpCvWEf7DhXTg9N
or,
BTC: 13xN2MvG9RcvWY92HeMpMFgBbGq9RLW64z
LTC: LKgvPQBp7wWxP57T8YWHY1dVnstBE81FyW
FRC: 19nQm96DNew1Wrm1LG9eNvpkTT2wauryih
(others welcome too, request my addr)

Stake reward, for this month is 0.015*CENT per year, what is 0.00125*CENT per month. What it is means is if you has got an stake of  1,000 BTGs, your stake reward-month would be 1.25 BTGs.  This low stake setting was choosed because the very lower bulk of BTGs as compared to PPC or NVC, avoiding innecesary inflaction of coin.

I take note about your appreciation, but, attending to the stake rewards computed above, it is right. It seems, rather, small amounts of reward stake in your balance are not appreciated or noted.

Stake modifiers are a security mechanism rather a reward system, so, for security, does not deactivate it under any reason.

mineral (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:51:22 PM

why is no one mining this right now? i saw one person in pool get in for a couple min then off too?is there an issue that i need to stop mining?

No.

diff = 1.80467588

People mining now has got very high hash power and they are solo-mining now.

collapse

Activity: 206
Merit: 102

step forward

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:12:39 PM

Stake reward, for this month is 0.015*CENT per year, what is 0.00125*CENT per month. What it is means is if you has got an stake of  1,000 BTGs, your stake reward-month would be 1.25 BTGs.  This low stake setting was choosed because the very lower bulk of BTGs as compared to PPC or NVC, avoiding innecesary inflaction of coin.

I take note about your appreciation, but, attending to the stake rewards computed above, it is right. It seems, rather, small amounts of reward stake in your balance are not appreciated or noted.

I think that not,..., all my stakes are for 3BTG and (1.5 + 1.5)BTG, Why ? I do not know,..., all coins solo mined.
But I can say that month reward it's not 0.00125*CENT, without fees (seems 0 tx in my POS blocks).
Because (0 + 0 + 0 +...+ 0 = 0) * N = 0.

Balance before = balance after stake
Your numbers are 0.10BTG month 100coins,..., I think it's wrong, correct value it's 0.

Stake modifiers are a security mechanism rather a reward system, so, for security, does not deactivate it under any reason.

What a joke? POW it's a security mechanism rather a reward system,..., try to disable reward,...

Elacoin-ELC,Betacoin-BET,Neutroncoin-NTRN,Americancoin-AMC,Stronghands-SHND,Craftcoin-CRC,DOGE,BCH,BTC,...,Bitcoin,...(and a lot more)
Linux updated wallets (source code) for: ELC, BET, AMC, NKT, SLING, CRC,...
[if (blocknumber > 115000) maxblocksize=largerlimit]   [I don't think the threshold should ever be 0.  We should always allow at least some free transactions.]
mineral (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:33:11 PM

Stake reward, for this month is 0.015*CENT per year, what is 0.00125*CENT per month. What it is means is if you has got an stake of  1,000 BTGs, your stake reward-month would be 1.25 BTGs.  This low stake setting was choosed because the very lower bulk of BTGs as compared to PPC or NVC, avoiding innecesary inflaction of coin.

I think that not,..., all my stakes are for 3BTG and (1.5 + 1.5)BTG, Why ? I do not know,..., all coins solo mined.
But I can say that month reward it's not 0.00125*CENT, without fees (seems 0 tx in my POS blocks).
Because (0 + 0 + 0 +...+ 0 = 0) * N = 0.

3BTG, your reward stake is  0.00125 %  of 3 BTG = 0.00375  BTG  ...  Roll Eyes

Balance before = balance after stake
Your numbers are 0.10BTG month 100coins,..., I think it's wrong, correct value it's 0.

not 0.10 BTG , 0.00125 CENT , it is 10,000 times lesser

What a joke? POW it's a security mechanism rather a reward system,..., try to disable reward,...

Take a look into PPC or NVC source (mainly kernel.cpp and kernel.h) and then you talk about stake ... At the moment, is better be quiet than to seem an ignorant.

I really wonder how people can recomend to deactivate something they dont know how it work ... amazing.

YukonCoinelius

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:36:46 PM

As I understand, on 2013-Jun-20 we switched to the new interest schedule, which is 1-3% depending on difficulty, so I believe is 3% now.

The problem I have found applies to all the stake mining coins, just that it only matters much on the coins with small amounts.

What I meant by disable/deactivate stake mining, is that *users* should do that, until we get this fixed.  Certainly not that we should take it out of BitGem - it's a great feature, which has the *dual purpose* of securing the network and giving the users a bonus for their contribution to that.

As an aside, I tend to think 1-3% interest is too low, because since we started with a very small/scarse coin amount, even a higher interest rate would not cause too much inflation.  (and it encourages people to save/hoard the coin, which supports a higher market price). The whole idea of the stake coins is for a stake reward, and YAC/Bitbar are at 5%, and NVC at a higher variable rate.   But we can say it's ok for now.

But right now, users are not getting *any* credits for stake mining, so they are using up their stake power for nothing.  The reservebalance technique I mentioned is a way they can stop it, just for a while, till we get this fixed.

I am pretty sure of the finding.  I generated a stake block under full debug detail.
I will have a detailed posting out shortly, hopefully by end of the day. 

mineral (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:45:57 PM

Stake reward, for this month is 0.015*CENT per year, what is 0.00125*CENT per month. What it is means is if you has got an stake of  1,000 BTGs, your stake reward-month would be 1.25 BTGs.  This low stake setting was choosed because the very lower bulk of BTGs as compared to PPC or NVC, avoiding innecesary inflaction of coin.

As I understand, on 2013-Jun-20 we switched to the new interest schedule, which is 1-3% depending on difficulty, so I believe is 3% now.

The problem I have found applies to all the stake mining coins, just that it only matters much on the coins with small amounts.

What I meant by disable/deactivate stake mining, is that *users* should do that, until we get this fixed.  Certainly not that we should take it out of BitGem - it's a great feature, which has the *dual purpose* of securing the network and giving the users a bonus for their contribution to that.

As an aside, I tend to think 1-3% interest is too low, because since we started with a very small/scarse coin amount, even a higher interest rate would not cause too much inflation.  (and it encourages people to save/hoard the coin, which supports a higher market price). The whole idea of the stake coins is for a stake reward, and YAC/Bitbar are at 5%, and NVC at a higher variable rate.   But we can say it's ok for now.

But right now, users are not getting *any* credits for stake mining, so they are using up their stake power for nothing.  The reservebalance technique I mentioned is a way they can stop it, just for a while, till we get this fixed.

I am pretty sure of the finding.  I generated a stake block under full debug detail.
I will have a detailed posting out shortly, hopefully by end of the day.  

People are getting the planned stake. If you has got an evidence about 0.000125 % of reward is not received, please, give it.

Stake will switch next month, as it is in code programatically planned.

Dont deactive stake, one more time. Stakes modifiers are a central part in stake securrty, it is not deactivated because you perception of stake of reward is not according to your expectatives or the stake reward is minor than other coins with bigger bulk.

For my part, this theme is closed.

Thanks.

collapse

Activity: 206
Merit: 102

step forward

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:03:05 PM

3BTG, your reward stake is  0.00125 %  of 3 BTG = 0.00375  BTG  ...  Roll Eyes

0 a.k.a zero

Note: listaccounts does not work as expected...returns wrong value.
getbalance before = getbalance atfer.

not 0.10 BTG , 0.00125 CENT , it is 10,000 times lesser

Good point, but 0 it's zero, if you prefer "0.00000000"

Take a look into PPC or NVC source (mainly kernel.cpp and kernel.h) and then you talk about stake ... At the moment, is better be quiet than to seem an ignorant.

I really wonder how people can recomend to deactivate something they dont know how it work ... amazing.

Sorry, I did no one recommendation. NVC, PPC or PingPongcoin,..., POW and POS are software designs not totems. I am speaking about people, people does not mine/spend resources if get nothing,...Software can sing about unicorns or other creatures. It's only an idea.

Elacoin-ELC,Betacoin-BET,Neutroncoin-NTRN,Americancoin-AMC,Stronghands-SHND,Craftcoin-CRC,DOGE,BCH,BTC,...,Bitcoin,...(and a lot more)
Linux updated wallets (source code) for: ELC, BET, AMC, NKT, SLING, CRC,...
[if (blocknumber > 115000) maxblocksize=largerlimit]   [I don't think the threshold should ever be 0.  We should always allow at least some free transactions.]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: