Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:19:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ** NEW SITE bitgem.pw ** BTG BitGem 0.4.9.ALPHA1 | COLORED COINS | FAUCET  (Read 147646 times)
mineral (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:37:55 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 01:38:17 AM by mineral

hey bitgemers, I have done substantial progress with sending gems. I have added an aditional tab "Send gems", enabling straight sending gems feature. Still work is needed, but I think a BETA pre-release is affordable for middle of next week.

Besides,  I will need beta-testers for testing sending gems feature. This is a true innovative coin, with new source and features. For this reason, it will be needed a full software cycle completion, ending up with testing the new feature.

This is the looking of the new PRE-ALPHA wallet, with sending gems feature. Amazing, doesnt it?

BTC: 1BTGghTiiqz2mQCYP2AiSv5ec5kcvkaJXu
LTC: LfgarrrLJgkZMSUCeScgHatxyfQtiggN9Z
BTG: gTpTt8d9rSejXDm4QX5vrLtPkrXkpwbrDL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
novaboy2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:45:22 AM

hey bitgemers, I have done substantial progress with sending gems. I have added an aditional tab "Send gems", enabling straight sending gems feature. Still work is needed, but I think a BETA pre-release is affordable for middle of next week.

Besides,  I will need beta-testers for testing sending gems feature. This is a true innovative coin, with new source and features. For this reason, it will be needed a full software cycle completion, ending up with testing the new feature.

This is the looking of the new PRE-ALPHA wallet, with sending gems feature. Amazing, doesnt it?

Truly amazing, I was hoping you would add a seperate tab for the gems.
I will contribute to the testing if needed, I would like to be the 1st gem recipient/sender if that's possable :-)

I hope you give your self a pat on the back for bitgem, its going to be a huge success.

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
iampingu

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:28:03 AM

Will someone explain the point of the individual gems with the colored coins please, I don't understand it and would like to
mineral (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:49:54 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 01:07:12 AM by mineral

Will someone explain the point of the individual gems with the colored coins please, I don't understand it and would like to

BTG can be forged into Diamonds, Rubys, Sapphires or Emeralds, or abbrev. DMD, RBY, SPR, EMD (obviously our colored gems blockchain are not related with string copy-clones there out ). There are two processes implied:

1) Gem-forging process is represented like BTG -> {DMD, RBY, SPR, EMD}. It is carried out when user forges  DMD, RBY, SPR, EMD with explicit settings of carat, color, clarity, cut and shape properties.

2) Bitgeminization is represented like {DMD, RBY, SPR, EMD} -> BTG. It is the opposite of Gem-forging, and it is carried out when an incoming BTG transaction is refunded to existent gems and re-forged.

The aim of current developement is to provide a native method for sending colored gems, ie. DMD, RBY, SPR, EMD.

Gem-forging and Bitgeminization process are planned to be developed next.

I hope to have clarified a bit here.

Regards.

novaboy2k

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:27:46 AM

BTG can be forged into Diamonds, Rubys, Sapphires or Emeralds, or abbrev. DMD, RBY, SPR, EMD (obviously our colored gems blockchain are not related with string copy-clones there out ). There are two processes implied:

1) Gem-forging process is represented like BTG -> {DMD, RBY, SPR, EMD}. It is carried out when user forges  DMD, RBY, SPR, EMD with explicit settings of carat, color, clarity, cut and shape properties.

2) Bitgeminization is represented like {DMD, RBY, SPR, EMD} -> BTG. It is the opposite of Gem-forging, and it is carried out when an incoming BTG transaction is refunded to existent gems and re-forged.

The aim of current developement is to provide a native method for sending colored gems, ie. DMD, RBY, SPR, EMD.

Regards.

Are Gem-forging and bitgeminization going to be included in the update next week?

mineral (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:07:00 PM

Regards.

Are Gem-forging and bitgeminization going to be included in the update next week?

I would like that, really!

It would be rather the next development stage, problably mid March.  It would be the ending point for our proposal of built-in colored gems wallet, the first coin embodying succesfully a built-in colored coin wallet, within of a user-centered process implying gem-forging and bitgeminization when you send/receive a tx.

It will be explained in a whitepaper, too.

novaboy2k

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:48:15 PM

What is being released next week exactly? if the working gem system isn't included?

I'm misunderstanding allot you say when it comes to your posts, as i was under the impression a working gem wallet was being released next week?

Am i wrong?

mineral (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:56:39 PM

What is being released next week exactly? if the working gem system isn't included?

I'm misunderstanding allot you say when it comes to your posts, as i was under the impression a working gem wallet was being released next week?

Am i wrong?

Gem Sending feature are going to be released next week. It is just part of colored gems system, the overall gemwallet including colored gems and bigeminization/forging. This last point will be the next implementation to be carried out.

iampingu

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:31:16 PM

So, why would I split my bit gems into seperate gems? To pay to other bit gem wallets without having to transact into BTC, knowing the exact price of what I'm sending?
mineral (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:36:55 PM

So, why would I split my bit gems into seperate gems? To pay to other bit gem wallets without having to transact into BTC, knowing the exact price of what I'm sending?

I too am confused on the purpose of the system. I believe I understand how it works, but I'm not sure exactly what the point is or what advantage it offers an end-user.

Colored coins  define user-oriented currencies allowing some additional features. This is the case of Gem Sending feature as a previous step to a full  colored coin system with forging/mixing of gems managed by user.

You have the option of splitting (aka forging ) BTG into DMD, RBY, SPH or EMD or you can just send BTG. This is your choice.

Forging gems is really an amazing property that you can benefit because it enables the possibility to define as many colored gems as possible settings there. The benefits are obvious as you can trading with your preferred commodity embodying 4C's model properties as it was user-defined. If you are not confortable with colored gems, you can always to use BTG non-colored part; this is the point, non-colored and colored gems coexist and it lets so much freedom as user wants.

novaboy2k

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:04:12 PM

I too am confused on the purpose of the system. I believe I understand how it works, but I'm not sure exactly what the point is or what advantage it offers an end-user.

You could use

diamond - 1 carat - j color - vvs2 clarity - good cut... as say mortgage contracts.
diamond - 2 carat - j color - vvs2 clarity - good cut... as say gold contracts.
diamond - 2 carat - e color - vvs2 clarity - good cut... as say silver.

So on so on.

BTG can be used to create 1000s of different contracts.
If mineral can achieve these things btg will get allot of interest.

This is my basic understanding of the gem system.

mineral (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:20:08 PM

You could use

diamond - 1 carat - j color - vvs2 clarity - good cut... as say mortgage contracts.
diamond - 2 carat - j color - vvs2 clarity - good cut... as say gold contracts.
diamond - 2 carat - e color - vvs2 clarity - good cut... as say silver.

So on so on.

BTG can be used to create 1000s of different contracts.
If mineral can achieve these things btg will get allot of interest.

This is my basic understanding of the gem system.

that's the idea.

REally there are near to "infinite" "user-defined" contracts, intending as hard commodities forged with determined settings. Hard commodities are the ones that are extracted through mining, what is  just the case of gems.

Using novaboy2k metaphore, each <gem_type, carat, color, clarity, cut, shape> tuple depicts an user-defined contract, being each tuple exactly a colored gem.

skywave

Activity: 420

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:30:42 PM

hmm - I'm also trying to get my head around this.
So if I then create e.g. a special diamond with high specs in cut, clarity, shape etc - how do I send that specific one to another wallet?
And will the owner of that other wallet then be able to convert this diamond into something other in his wallet - or why would he?
It's very complex - but maybe I will eventually understand it Smiley

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
novaboy2k

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:21:30 PM

So if I then create e.g. a special diamond with high specs in cut, clarity, shape etc - how do I send that specific one to another wallet?
And will the owner of that other wallet then be able to convert this diamond into something other in his wallet - or why would he?

Good questions!

mineral (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:32:13 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 02:57:18 PM by mineral

Really you do not have to worry of setting or mode (color/non color) used at destination address, it is done programmatically by means of:

1) shared address space : BTG, DMD, RBY, SPH and EMD share the same address scheme. This property of colored coins lets to delay the computing of  net coin spending at the moment of tx processing.

2) refunding <=> forging process: gems are packed into BTGs just when you send a tx. It is similar to TCP/IP stack, where you send bits in phisical layer, but you are receiving an HTTP response in Application Layer at the same time. When you recieve an incoming tx, gems are refunded and forged again and process is repeated again.

Note: when we say DMD, RBY, SPH and EMD we are referring to colored gems within of BTG blockchain.

novaboy2k

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:22:52 AM

So say if someone would send me 1 diamond at 1 carat, i would then receive that 1 diamond which is automatically then transferred back to Bitgem?

How would i attach a contract to that, if it cancels the diamond back to btg?

mineral (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:15:48 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 02:57:36 PM by mineral

So say if someone would send me 1 diamond at 1 carat, i would then receive that 1 diamond which is automatically then transferred back to Bitgem?

How would i attach a contract to that, if it cancels the diamond back to btg?

If sender cancels tx, diamond will go on forged as before. If tx  goes on, you would receive the same diamond refunded into bitgems, ready for being forged again. This is the trick, it can be re-forged as often as desired. Somehow, refund-forge process provides the malleability of gems not present in physical gemstones.

novaboy2k

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:03:24 AM

Yes more information you give the more i understand. Thanks.

I look forward to reading your whitepaper, this will give me and others interested in BTG a broader understanding of how the system works.

These questions will arise on first glance of BTG, but if we keep these questions coming, people can easily get more of an understanding by reading these pages.

novaboy2k

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:40:24 PM

Any news on the update mineral?

novaboy2k

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:51:50 PM

Bitgem looking very bullish.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/orderbook.php?pair=btg-btc&market=cryptsy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: