Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:22:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When did altcoins got so popular?  (Read 2682 times)
AbsoluteT

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:20:40 PM

Everyone wants to buy into the next Bitcoin or the next Ethereum it's that simple.
and they will get there chance many new alt coins are skyrockting good luck to them all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:24:54 PM

Hey all.  I would like to know this.  We all know bitcoin got well know a while back.  But it wasn't until this year when bitcoin hit 1000 dollars when everyone became aware of it.  Then it went up more and more etc.  I did not know much about any other coins besides litecoin.  I had no clue there were so many coins etc.

Well what i want to know is when exactly did all these altcoins got so popular but most importantly, were there lot of discussions of altcoins before bitcoin hit 1000 dollars?  Because had i know about these altcoins, i probably would have gotten a good bit of them at low prices.  I had no clue litecoin was so low price at the start of this year.  Basically every altcoin in the top 25 etc has went up a lot where you could have made so much money etc.

It is because their are some altcoins which are worth to hold for long and they are working very good with lot of projects, and as everyone said altcoins are mostly created to make money fast buy pump and dump.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:25:12 PM

I think altcoins got popular 2 years or maybe last year when everyone was into faucets and claimed a lot from those. Now the ones that are popular are from ICO's, the tokens and coins you got out of the project.
tleilaxu_eyes

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:33:51 PM

Yeah, last 1-2 years it has been almost ridiculous. For a few months in the spring it seemed like every single coin (even the sh!tcoins and scamcoin) was doing well. It was as if people were buying BTC from all over and just throwing money at altcoins. By July many of them were gutted, but they're already recovering.

Look into the eyes.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:58:53 PM

Yeah, last 1-2 years it has been almost ridiculous. For a few months in the spring it seemed like every single coin (even the sh!tcoins and scamcoin) was doing well. It was as if people were buying BTC from all over and just throwing money at altcoins. By July many of them were gutted, but they're already recovering.
Yup last month all altcoins got value, and many people are invested in almost all altcoins. When this segwit2x announced from that time people are started to buy altcoins. Before ETH I think no one showed interest on altcoins. When the ETH stands in the market, and suddenly the price of the ETH increased people are started to believe in altcoins. 
crismass1225

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:17:16 AM

because the bitcoin are so expensive tech team develop alternative coin that can trade and invest. most of them are low in price but because of continue mining and trading their value increase. it just like when the law of supply and demand....
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:03:23 AM

Hey all.  I would like to know this.  We all know bitcoin got well know a while back.  But it wasn't until this year when bitcoin hit 1000 dollars when everyone became aware of it.  Then it went up more and more etc.  I did not know much about any other coins besides litecoin.  I had no clue there were so many coins etc.

Well what i want to know is when exactly did all these altcoins got so popular but most importantly, were there lot of discussions of altcoins before bitcoin hit 1000 dollars?  Because had i know about these altcoins, i probably would have gotten a good bit of them at low prices.  I had no clue litecoin was so low price at the start of this year.  Basically every altcoin in the top 25 etc has went up a lot where you could have made so much money etc.

I think it got popular just few years back because altcoin involved a lot of money and a lot of people are taking advantage of it. Altcoins are good for trading, you can earn a lot of money through altcoin trading. I think it's one of the best attribute of atlcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Machanto

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:04:37 AM

With the success of Bitcoin we entered the crypto era, many developers who saw the success of that exact cryptocurrency had the ambition to create their own, backed by the people who believed in them and investors trying to find the perfect coin that will make them millionaires we ended up with huge amount of altcoins, shite or not. In order to answer the question: When did altcoins get so popular? It was after people saw the success of BTC
viking02 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:03:03 AM

Was it altcoin forum that popular here before bitcoin exploded above 500 dollars?  I remember in 2016, bitcoin was pretty stable at the 300-450 area for a while etc.  Then it got so high all the way to 500, then 1000 and beyond etc.  Then once it got that high, that is when i started reading about altcoins.  I noticed that many of the top altcoins were still very cheap prices etc.  So wouldn't that mean these altcoins that popular etc?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
PepperaOnIt

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:40:42 AM

When the bitcoin price is increasing in about a year ago the idea of new coins is start to crate and thats the beggining of the altcoins
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:37:17 PM

Hey all.  I would like to know this.  We all know bitcoin got well know a while back.  But it wasn't until this year when bitcoin hit 1000 dollars when everyone became aware of it.  Then it went up more and more etc.  I did not know much about any other coins besides litecoin.  I had no clue there were so many coins etc.

Well what i want to know is when exactly did all these altcoins got so popular but most importantly, were there lot of discussions of altcoins before bitcoin hit 1000 dollars?  Because had i know about these altcoins, i probably would have gotten a good bit of them at low prices.  I had no clue litecoin was so low price at the start of this year.  Basically every altcoin in the top 25 etc has went up a lot where you could have made so much money etc.

In my own opinion, altcoin started to be popular when bitcoin's price started to increase even the altcoins price thats why many people started to use altcoin. Bitcoin and altcoin has a big connection because some people says when you use bitcoin you need to try to use altcoin too for a more better earnings.
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:51:51 PM

well i did not really know when did the altcoins got so famous but the reason behind it is, most of the people want to repeat the history like bitcoin, they want to buy altcoins because they are expecting that the coin that they buy will be like bitcoin
wurth

Activity: 331

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:32:19 PM

Hey all.  I would like to know this.  We all know bitcoin got well know a while back.  But it wasn't until this year when bitcoin hit 1000 dollars when everyone became aware of it.  Then it went up more and more etc.  I did not know much about any other coins besides litecoin.  I had no clue there were so many coins etc.

Well what i want to know is when exactly did all these altcoins got so popular but most importantly, were there lot of discussions of altcoins before bitcoin hit 1000 dollars?  Because had i know about these altcoins, i probably would have gotten a good bit of them at low prices.  I had no clue litecoin was so low price at the start of this year.  Basically every altcoin in the top 25 etc has went up a lot where you could have made so much money etc.

In my own opinion, altcoin started to be popular when bitcoin's price started to increase even the altcoins price thats why many people started to use altcoin. Bitcoin and altcoin has a big connection because some people says when you use bitcoin you need to try to use altcoin too for a more better earnings.
You can understand the capital from Bitcoin market (BTC/USD) will transfer to altcoin market after the price of Bitcoin stable. Because most trader are speculator in recent, they buy Bitcoin for the reason the value of it increase fast. After see altcoin on market increase fast than Bitcoin, they will transfer their Bitcoin to Altcoin, do not need create trap.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Heirloomz

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:09:46 PM

Altcoins are a lot more diverse rather than bitcoin and offer development for projects that further economic businesses. For example Ripple provides banks to source liquidity on demand in real time
without having to pre-fund nostro accounts (From the website).
playingpoodles

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:13:10 PM

I think it was in 2016 or so. Bitcoin's scaling issues showed no end in sight, and people had had enough. It Dash and Eth went nuts, then Ripple finally took on this serious markets guy, I think from CME or something. His orders were, pump the old girl, and boy did he! (Kind of contradicted repeated previous public statements that they'd never pump XRP and would work against that, but hey if people are throwing money at you, who says no?)
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:33:22 PM

Altcoins are a lot more diverse rather than bitcoin and offer development for projects that further economic businesses. For example Ripple provides banks to source liquidity on demand in real time
without having to pre-fund nostro accounts (From the website).
Ripple cannot call is an altcoin, for me it just token asset and the value of it very high if compare with the potential or real value. We also know cryptocurrency is decentralization and Ripple doing the opposite this defition. Bank use this coin for transfer money = centralization.
AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:36:47 PM

Investors have found out about altcoins i guess 2 years ago, when ETH showed up, with great idea. They got more popular at the begining og 2017, because a lot of projects have exchanged fiat for crypto currencies and started to do their ICOs bounty campaigns and etc.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

CookieGums

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:15:26 PM

And the number one reason for altcoins getting so popular, is people realizing that there is tons of money to be made with alt trading. People buy low, fud and pump and sell high... $$$$ profit.
Its all about money and profit thats why it became famous

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:22:58 PM

Altcoins became famous when Doge launched,  I think that brought lot of attention and investors. People couldn't believe that something so sill would by worth anything. lol

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Solve.Care

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:15:13 AM

The most noticeable appearance and widespread of altcoins began approximately 2 years ago. Since then the variety of altcoins has reached the level of insanity.

Solve.Care ■ Healthcare on Blockchain ■ Solve.Care
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: