Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:06:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - TestNet Thread - Pool Testing for Proof of Bible Hash Pool (PoBh)  (Read 13164 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 12:05:18 PM

Just got back in, so I agree primarily with everything you say, and I recall going back to the original miner, I used the x11 hash value as an input for the original biblehash, because it was a reliable strong distinct blockhash; my fear was, with business logic going into the biblehash itself (as we raise the bar), there are conditions where the biblehash could possibly return the same value for two blocks (or worse, a faulty hash if someone was not synced), and I wanted to make sure the blockindex would stay safe.  Otherwise, I would have completely switched out the x11 algo with the biblehash.  Im glad we did, so now we can put some business logic in the PoBH area (like the tithe rule and tx lookups).

Anyway, yes, Im all for removing the x11 from the POW.  

Btw, whoever compiled the latest and is trying to test with me in testnet, please do a get on the 1021c; the version had two required changes and I just checked it in.  

So, now our newest version eliminates x11 from the miner in testnet after block 1350, and keeps x11 for blockindex references, and uses 100% of the PoBh for POW in the miner.

(This way, we wont risk breaking the blockchain storage, txlookups, and all the places that rely on a block->GetHash.  Yet the security is still there because the POW of each block is protected by the biblehash output).

Lets see how this behaves in testnet, the new version is out (for testnet only).  Re-building windows now.

Hmm, I think something's wrong in the latest commit. When you enable mining, biblepay_generate is set to true but hashps is 0 and there's no CPU load. Issue is present for both pool and solo mining.

Hmm, I retested it and it seems to be mining for me in test & prod.  Can u please ensure you have pulled the head (835*) 1021c?  On a side note windows is now compiled.  I will test it and post it only here if it works and then we can test it in testnet with the new anti-x11 feature.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 12:09:52 PM

1.0.2.1c - Non-Mandatory Release

- For upcoming mandatories rule @1350(testnet)||@7000(Prod), Testnet features: test anti-block-clump retarget rule, slow_block_threshhold = 30 mins rule,
 removing the x11 component from POW, and ratio of x11:biblehashes in getmininginfo
- In wallet Bible Reader (Help | Read Bible).  NOTE: You currently must choose the Book after the page loads.
- Fixes for in-wallet pool-miner (fixes diminishing KHS)
- adjustment to getnetworkhasps

** Im releasing it here, lets test it out.  **

If successful, we should mine without x11 in testnet, and prod should have the fix for the diminishing hashps.
Then we can release on the prod side.

EDIT: PS, I think once we merge in the txindex lookup feature, we can lower the mandatory block # by a 1000 or so.  Also, last night I lowered the block # to 1240 in testnet, so the above 1350 is no longer correct.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:33:58 PM

1.0.2.1c - Non-Mandatory Release

- For upcoming mandatories rule @1350(testnet)||@7000(Prod), Testnet features: test anti-block-clump retarget rule, slow_block_threshhold = 30 mins rule,
 removing the x11 component from POW, and ratio of x11:biblehashes in getmininginfo
- In wallet Bible Reader (Help | Read Bible).  NOTE: You currently must choose the Book after the page loads.
- Fixes for in-wallet pool-miner (fixes diminishing KHS)
- adjustment to getnetworkhasps

** Im releasing it here, lets test it out.  **

If successful, we should mine without x11 in testnet, and prod should have the fix for the diminishing hashps.
Then we can release on the prod side.

EDIT: PS, I think once we merge in the txindex lookup feature, we can lower the mandatory block # by a 1000 or so.  Also, last night I lowered the block # to 1240 in testnet, so the above 1350 is no longer correct.

Very nice!

On the Main Chain, the 'Hashes Per Sec2' seems rocksteady with this update Smiley I've added another miner for comparison, and all three now report a KHS that is consistent.

On the testnet I'm having trouble starting my miners. I've tried to start mining with two miners (low end laptops).

The first miners (sjappie_miner) wallet says '0 active connection(s) to biblepay network'. It does say it's in sync, and I'm able to mine (it does show up in the leaderboard from time to time), but with a very low HPS (about 80). I've used this miner before for mining on the testnet.

The second miners (jaapgvk_frotlaptop) wallet also says '0 active connection(s) to biblepay network'. It also says 'no block source available'. I've tried manually adding the node 'node.biblepay.org', but it doesn't seem to help.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
happy_merchant

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:47:30 PM

On the testnet I'm having trouble starting my miners. I've tried to start mining with two miners (low end laptops).

The first miners (sjappie_miner) wallet says '0 active connection(s) to biblepay network'. It does say it's in sync, and I'm able to mine (it does show up in the leaderboard from time to time), but with a very low HPS (about 80). I've used this miner before for mining on the testnet.

The second miners (jaapgvk_frotlaptop) wallet also says '0 active connection(s) to biblepay network'. It also says 'no block source available'. I've tried manually adding the node 'node.biblepay.org', but it doesn't seem to help.

Similar issue. Works on main but not on test. Debug log isn't giving much, just says "Reindexing block file blk00000.dat..." then silently crashes/exits.

--edit--

Even if it's mining on main, won't any block it finds likely be rejected by the rest of the network not running 1.0.2.1? On older clients, the proof of work algorithm for checking blocks would still be expecting both an X11 hash and a Biblehash that are below the target difficulty, no?
sabercrypto

Activity: 181

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:08:52 PM

is there any coin exchange available for this so i can buy some?
enervey

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 05:17:11 PM

is there any coin exchange available for this so i can buy some?

The coin is currently trading at C-CEX. Here is a link:

https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 07:37:38 PM

Similar issue. Works on main but not on test. Debug log isn't giving much, just says "Reindexing block file blk00000.dat..." then silently crashes/exits.

--edit--

Even if it's mining on main, won't any block it finds likely be rejected by the rest of the network not running 1.0.2.1? On older clients, the proof of work algorithm for checking blocks would still be expecting both an X11 hash and a Biblehash that are below the target difficulty, no?

Ive been trying to maintain one codebase up to this point so I know it is a little confusing the way the features are phased in.

On 1021, mining in main is the same as 1020- no changes have been made to the algo in main.  Basically, we would need to test it in testnet, announce the mandatory to prod and give a target block # like say block 6000, and alert ccex of the coming mandatory.  At 6000, it would Then behave like testnet.

Testnet on the other hand has the new anti-x11 feature in it now.  I too have no connections.  Let me take a look at that next.

EDIT: But of course, the non-breaking compatibility features, like the diminishing-kh fix is in immediately.  On both chains.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 07:46:31 PM

I dont see anything strange in testnet.  Please try closing the wallet, delete banlist.dat, addnode=node.biblepay.org, delete all of the blocks and chainstate in the testnet3 folder, then restart.
It could be that whatever I mined on the ghost chain last night caused you to ban me.
It should technically sync back to 1240 or so and then we can start mining in testnet.

I see a potential issue with the anti-x11 feature, we are going to create a very high diff (not as far as blocks flying by) but as far as the diff showing artificially high, and therefore, very diluted subsidies (since we have the high-diff/low subsidy protection in), so if the subsidy drops below 19000 we will need to add more code to the testnet version to fix these two things, but, lets see how it behaves anyway and learn from it in case there are more things.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:29:20 PM

I dont see anything strange in testnet.  Please try closing the wallet, delete banlist.dat, addnode=node.biblepay.org, delete all of the blocks and chainstate in the testnet3 folder, then restart.
It could be that whatever I mined on the ghost chain last night caused you to ban me.
It should technically sync back to 1240 or so and then we can start mining in testnet.

I don't have access to my miners right now, so sadly I can't make any changes for another day. But one of the miners I tried to deploy on the testnet was brand new, with a fresh installation of the wallet. But that one also didn't get any connections.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 09:03:50 PM

I dont see anything strange in testnet.  Please try closing the wallet, delete banlist.dat, addnode=node.biblepay.org, delete all of the blocks and chainstate in the testnet3 folder, then restart.

I don't have access to my miners right now, so sadly I can't make any changes for another day. But one of the miners I tried to deploy on the testnet was brand new, with a fresh installation of the wallet. But that one also didn't get any connections.
Thats cool, I have to leave in a few mins myself, but I was actually hoping some people could get in and solo mine on testnet (I dont think the pool is up right now on the testnet side), Im trying to see if we can solo mine testnet and look at the next 20 blocks diffs and subsidies and chainwork and ratio of biblehashes etc.

When I get a chance Ill try to grab another node also.

PS Btw guys, the windows version on biblepay.org is 1021c, so anyone can jump in and help on testnet now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
happy_merchant

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:04:56 AM

PS Btw guys, the windows version on biblepay.org is 1021c, so anyone can jump in and help on testnet now.

Tried doing a completely clean install of the 64-bit Windows release of 1021c, but it's still not working on testnet for me. Don't know if it'll help, but I uploaded the debug log to pastebin at https://pastebin.com/di2U3wMf

-edit-
Updated to a new pastebin debug log, since it started throwing a bunch of errors after I posted the first.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 12:45:51 AM

Tried doing a completely clean install of the 64-bit Windows release of 1021c, but it's still not working on testnet for me. Don't know if it'll help, but I uploaded the debug log to pastebin at https://pastebin.com/di2U3wMf

-edit-
Updated to a new pastebin debug log, since it started throwing a bunch of errors after I posted the first.
No wonder no one is able to test, thanks, well whats strange is its mining fine on nix, but on windows its exiting silently on start but only in testnet.

Let me check this out for a while.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 12:54:10 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 01:27:13 AM by bible_pay

-edit-
Wait- I think I jumped the gun on that comment - I was RDPed in from a restaurant.
And I believe BBP was off the screen.
Ok, it does load in testnet mode for me from win64 bit.
Could you please try reloading now that I have the node up and let me know if it syncs to 1230+?
Then we can try mining a block.  I just mined a few from Nix and a few from windows.

The errors in your log appear to be OK- its that same old occasional cannot create block; I will look at that. But it shouldnt affect our testing.

EDIT: PS, I see that two nodes were banned on the testnet external node; I just unbanned them.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
ostrogoto2012

Activity: 1134
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:56:10 AM

Love the idea of Bibble pay hope dev it will great success for your project, i am looking closely how will evolve the development.

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
.PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance.
sabercrypto

Activity: 181

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:12:56 AM

i cant login on pool. everytime i clicked login it redirects me to login page. this was working last night
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 02:26:51 AM

i cant login on pool. everytime i clicked login it redirects me to login page. this was working last night
Just click logout-login.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 02:31:37 AM

1021c testers:  I found two issues that will need fixed regardless in this version, so I had to push a commit.
If you are on linux, please get 1021d.  If not please wait til the morning for the Windows release.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 01:34:07 PM

1021c testers:  I found two issues that will need fixed regardless in this version, so I had to push a commit.
If you are on linux, please get 1021d.  If not please wait til the morning for the Windows release.

Alright 1021d is now available for download on biblepay.org.

(Windows).

Please try to solomine against testnet; we are on block 1248.
I see part of the problem for us testing up til now: My external testnet node keeps banning anyone connecting to it on a prior version, since the diff adjustment has changed thereby banning every connection on the external IP.  Let this be a lesson for me to increment the network minimum version (IE make it a mandatory for testnet) in the future.

For now lets try to deal with it and get past it - I will try to keep unbanning the peers unless it is impossible.

Let me know if anyone can mine on testnet past 1249.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:03:21 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 08:35:06 PM by inblue

I downloaded the Windows version, ran it with -testnet flag (I got green background) and immediately upon opening I found 7 blocks in 2 seconds, and now it says I am on block 7. Shocked Difficulty is 0.000279. I found a new chain somehow? I don't know how to access the test chain with 1248 blocks.

But after a few seconds mining stopped by itself and I couldn't restart it with setgenerate because I couldn't connect to the network.

Although I had the option to unban your main node in the Peers window:

I thought my client banned the main node, but after I restarted it, the ban came back, so it probably means my node is banned.

Also, these are the error messages from the debug.log, maybe they can help you:
Code:
2017-08-17 14:00:07 ERROR: ContextualCheckBlockHeader : incorrect proof of work at 1226
2017-08-17 14:00:07 Misbehaving: 97.99.69.33:40001 (0 -> 100) BAN THRESHOLD EXCEEDED
2017-08-17 14:00:07 ERROR: invalid header received 00001d88f29397bee28457a5da46b5b729f9b581161e628d2000cf100e55ac72
2017-08-17 14:00:07 ProcessMessages(headers, 1945 bytes) FAILED peer=2
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 02:48:41 PM

I downloaded the Windows version, ran it with -testnet flag (I got green background) and immediately upon opening I found 7 blocks in 2 seconds, and now it says I am on block 7. Shocked Difficulty is 0.000279. I found a new chain somehow? I don't know how to access the test chain with 1248 blocks.

But after a few seconds mining stopped by itself and I couldn't restart it with setgenerate because I couldn't connect to the network.

Although I could do this in the Peers window:

https://i.imgur.com/WqnKJpg.png

I thought my client banned the main node, but after I restarted it, the ban came back, so it probably means my node is banned.

Also, these are the error messages from the debug.log, maybe they can help you:
Code:
2017-08-17 14:00:07 ERROR: ContextualCheckBlockHeader : incorrect proof of work at 1226
2017-08-17 14:00:07 Misbehaving: 97.99.69.33:40001 (0 -> 100) BAN THRESHOLD EXCEEDED
2017-08-17 14:00:07 ERROR: invalid header received 00001d88f29397bee28457a5da46b5b729f9b581161e628d2000cf100e55ac72
2017-08-17 14:00:07 ProcessMessages(headers, 1945 bytes) FAILED peer=2

Thanks, Yeah, testnet allows mining without peers and without a chain, so that part is good.
The node will reorganize anyway once it finds a longer chain.

I think the problem here is my testnet node was mining on the prior version and mined some blocks that are not allowed anymore and I never rebooted, therefore they were not checked again.

Ok, I deleted my chain on that node and restarted.
Could you please unban me and then restart again and lets see how far we get? It took me back to block 1009 (thats about 4 days ago when we were all poolmining in testnet).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: