Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:29:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - TestNet Thread - Pool Testing for Proof of Bible Hash Pool (PoBh)  (Read 13164 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 08:58:09 PM

ATTENTION:

The web server was just upgraded.  The pool may be sporadically up and down over the next 30 minutes while I upgrade the database server.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:02:11 AM

I pulled a good number of blocks in the testnet today but am unclear how to examine the blockchain for errors in the system.  Also, the computer I was on hashes about 50KhS on production and dropped to about 1.5/2KhS on the new algo which is said for informational purposes only.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:04:26 AM

The Leaderboard page is empty.

In the About page, it says that height is -1.

The password field is of type="text", so the characters are seen when you type them.

favicon.ico is being called on the Login page but it's missing, so it throws an error. You can remove it or maybe you can just put the one happy_merchant made:
http://biblepay.inspect.network/favicon.ico
quocevil

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:59:13 AM

pool still down?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 12:25:18 PM

The Leaderboard page is empty.

In the About page, it says that height is -1.

The password field is of type="text", so the characters are seen when you type them.

favicon.ico is being called on the Login page but it's missing, so it throws an error. You can remove it or maybe you can just put the one happy_merchant made:
http://biblepay.inspect.network/favicon.ico
Yeah, there was an issue in the night, unfortunately, due to all the changes.  Anyway that part is fixed, which caused the withdraw problem and the about: height problem.

Favico: Fixed

Password on Login: Apparently .NET 4.5 requires a new control: FIXED

Looking into AJAX next.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 12:30:23 PM

I pulled a good number of blocks in the testnet today but am unclear how to examine the blockchain for errors in the system.  Also, the computer I was on hashes about 50KhS on production and dropped to about 1.5/2KhS on the new algo which is said for informational purposes only.

Happy wrote a program to check block spacing in testnet, and its drastically improved over prod.  Primarily due to the late block threshhold happening less, (IE blocks over 30 minutes after the prior block), and when it does happen, the block is now solved closer to 30 (in contrast to 60 in prod).  So we are pretty good on block spacing.
Subsidy calc is good.
The main thing you can test with block integrity is try to reindex the chain, verify it syncs to the top, try starting with no blocks file, verify it syncs, and restart with a full block file and verify it passes.

You can do a 'showblock randomblocknumber' and ensure the txid lookup is at the end of the biblehashes.  Ive already done this on 100 blocks, but you can do it for experience if you want.

Ill try to think of more tests through the day.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
smoosh

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:35:32 PM

thanks for continuing to make thing better.
builder

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:02:29 PM

Good Day !

I registered yesterday at the pool, create worker, etc... and i think everythings work well.
I check the withdraw menu, and i see i have xxxx immature balance. When change to available ? Few hour or 1-2 day?

Thank You !
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 02:23:37 PM

Good Day !

I registered yesterday at the pool, create worker, etc... and i think everythings work well.
I check the withdraw menu, and i see i have xxxx immature balance. When change to available ? Few hour or 1-2 day?

Thank You !
The pool releases each mining credit 24 hours after mined.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
builder

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:03:54 PM

Good Day !

Thank You !
The pool releases each mining credit 24 hours after mined.

Thank  You ! Smiley
Iuliu

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:02:12 PM

So, i have an cloud with virtual 24 cpu's and i use the pool,  and when i use at genrpoclimit=24 my CPU's as i see at the performance task manager it is used just 45 %.... but when i increase genproclimit more than 25 , it shows me this --- poolinfo3": "...POOL DOWN-REVERTING TO SOLO MINING;...; "-- and sometimes poolmining=true sometimes poolminnig=false.

Can someone explain me this? How can i use more power from my CPU's to have a bigger hashrate.

Thanks!
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:20:54 PM

I believe there is currently a limit of 24 threads to use the pool

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 12:24:53 PM

So everything is passing in test?  Westwarmoth, has anyone tried reindexing there blocks file yet in testnet?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:56:31 PM

So everything is passing in test?  Westwarmoth, has anyone tried reindexing there blocks file yet in testnet?

Could you (or happy_merchant) explain how to do this? I'd be happy to do it, but I don't know where to start.

Also: the pools on both testnet and main seem to have issues at the moment. All my miners have reverted to solo-mining. And it looks like a lot of other miners also disappeared from the leaderboard.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 03:16:28 PM

Could you (or happy_merchant) explain how to do this? I'd be happy to do it, but I don't know where to start.

Also: the pools on both testnet and main seem to have issues at the moment. All my miners have reverted to solo-mining. And it looks like a lot of other miners also disappeared from the leaderboard.
On the pool issue, I had to throw the switch to enforce the new version.
Ensure you have 1.0.2.4+ running, and it should run fine.

On reindex block chain, start the wallet with '-testnet -reindex' and ensure it recovers with no errors to the top.
Then start in -testnet mode with no blocks, database, and chainstate and ensure it syncs to the top?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
tiras

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:59:28 PM

On the pool issue, I had to throw the switch to enforce the new version.
Ensure you have 1.0.2.4+ running, and it should run fine.

all my workers < v.1.0.2.4 are cut off. 

could you point to clear instructions how to upgrade linux clients ? 

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
Iuliu

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:03:37 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 04:17:53 PM by Iuliu

Is there an official limit threads of yousing pool?
tiras

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:19:45 PM

I think the pool is down.

DEVs can probably give at least a few hours notice before cutting off people . 
now we have 100s CPUs running and not hitting the pool .
 it gets pretty frustrated .

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
Iuliu

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:38:50 PM

For me is working now, be sure that you have the latest wallet version 1.0.2.4
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:40:53 PM

Yeah, sorry I didn't have time until this morning to sit down and crank the numbers.

So I did two -reindexes under 1.0.2.3, and they were pretty successful, just wouldn't sync the last block or two very timely.

Went into <user>/AppData/Roaming/Biblepaycore/testnet3/...  Blocks/ .... Chainstate/ and Blocks/Index.  Deleted all the files in those folders.  Restarted wallet, it got to the "no block sources available" message in about 20 seconds, again under 1.0.2.3.

Downloaded 1.0.2.4, installed, -reindex worked quickly, syched.  Shut it down, deleted the files again, restarted.  It rebuilt everything in under 1 min.  Synched.  Did one more -reindex, took a lot longer and wouldn't full sych, but I shut it down, the restarted without the -reindex and it got the last bit and was successful.  My test balance was unfazed by all of this (no issues).

Used showblock on a handful of blocks, noticed I just narrowly missed testblock 666 (got 665 and 667).  And noticed the genesis block does not contain a verse from Genesis.  I'm still not very adept at reading the showblock stats, other than the very obvious ones.  I wasn't sure on the block how to see "who" mined it to verify the blocks I mined in test showed that, but other than that, it was good.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: