Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:19:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nobrand / chinese PSU  (Read 1022 times)
hanskan (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:53:18 AM

I have been using nothing but Rosewill for the last 4 years.

Dollar to performance they are really hard to beat in my experience -- also they have great RMA service.

Not sure if you can get them where you live with reasonable SH... but I have owned 40+ of their PSUs and really like them.

Rosewill looks really good, unfortunately it's unavailable for australia at newegg :/ 1500W will be nough for 6*1080ti at 70%tdp ?
hanskan (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:56:49 AM

I also was figuring my third GPU powering issue. I'm currently using corsair 650w for 2 cards, if I were to add my third card (forth and fifth in future), I have to change PSU to larger wattage, but expensive. Or I saw a solution to use 2 PSU with add2psu. Anyone used add2psu before, is it stable and safe? Thanks!

yea, i have quite a few of those, they work just fine.

Good to know, but any safety connection issue that I must taking care to?

Like Vann did, PSU that powering the motherboard connected to all usb risers? Or PSU that powering particular GPU connected to the GPU's riser?

all raisers to main PSU. Only GPUs to secondary PSU
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:39:00 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 02:01:57 AM by Vann

I also was figuring my third GPU powering issue. I'm currently using corsair 650w for 2 cards, if I were to add my third card (forth and fifth in future), I have to change PSU to larger wattage, but expensive. Or I saw a solution to use 2 PSU with add2psu. Anyone used add2psu before, is it stable and safe? Thanks!

yea, i have quite a few of those, they work just fine.

Good to know, but any safety connection issue that I must taking care to?

Like Vann did, PSU that powering the motherboard connected to all usb risers? Or PSU that powering particular GPU connected to the GPU's riser?

Yes. Essentially the same PSU that powers the motherboard also powers the risers and accessories. The auxillary PSU is just for the VGA power inputs on the cards. Just be sure if you are using SATA or 4-pin molex connectors, to not use more than two connectors per PSU cable max to power risers. Any more than that is a fire hazard since it will overdraw the capacity of the the cable and it could damage the connectors, the cable or the PSU.
bmartin44

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:19:50 AM

all raisers to main PSU. Only GPUs to secondary PSU
Yes. Essentially the same PSU that powers the motherboard also powers the risers and accessories. The auxillary PSU is just for the VGA power inputs on the cards. Just be sure if you are using SATA or 4-pin molex connectors, to not use more than two connectors per PSU cable max to power risers. Any more than that is a fire hazard since it will overdraw the capacity of the the cable and it could damage the connectors, the cable or the PSU.

Thank you very much @hanskan and @Vann. I really appreciate Vann's detailed info which really help me alot. Yes, I understand that SATA molex connector had limited wattage output, so at max 2 connections to usb risers, I will take note about it.

All the best to your mining Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: