Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:06:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with ICO  (Read 1061 times)
Blackmoon Crypto

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:19:21 AM

Dev's should place a buy wall when the value of  their token falls 25%-30% of the ICO price in that case the value of the token will be maintained or even go up and they will attract more investors in their project if they will do that.

It should be noted that developers very sometimes don't have access to their token funds until they make a certain feature or until a certain period of time passes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shade_wrath

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:59:30 AM

Immediate dump of tokens post ICO is really the issue faced by every project here. I think only way to remove this dumping is by offering bounty in BTC.

So projects need to raise their standards first and offer BTC for bounties.

Offering bounty in BTC should be a rule of thumb for this forum, projects which don't follow should be removed.
This will ensure higher rewards for bounty hunters and as well as remove the dumping issue for early investors in project. A win win situation I would say Smiley

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
wnj4

Activity: 660
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:15:21 AM

I personally think that letting the value of a coin fall below the ICO price is a big problem in a ICO. developers should do something about it they always reason that it is because of bounty hunters dumping their coin but for me that isn't a good excuse especially for the investors.

For me The value of a coin or a token is a developer's responsibility, they should do anything to maintain the the price close or even above to ICO price,  because this will be a factor for the investors to get tired in investing they would rather prefer to invest after ICO when the price drastically falls down.

Dev's should place a buy wall when the value of  their token falls 25%-30% of the ICO price in that case the value of the token will be maintained or even go up and they will attract more investors in their project if they will do that.

This is only my opinion, correct me if im wrong. Whether you agree or disagree i would love to hear your thoughts and opinions about this matter.
There are only small percent of bounty is given for bounty hunters ,  it's not normal to blame those bounty hunters , all of the developer need to work for this coin if they want it to be successful. I already see many ICO that the price increase after the ICO finish . If you see the coin below the ICO price It simply means that this coin does not go any where  just leave the coin as fast as you can.
Max percent of bounty is given for bounty hunters participants in ICO is 0.1% . how this percent of bounty can be reason of coin dump. the developer are the main reason of coin fall

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
johnsm79

Activity: 224

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:43:00 AM

Do developers have access to their coins from the 1st day after the ICO? I thought they had them locked for sometime.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:15:35 AM

My biggest problem with ICO is the project. When the project is long term project, THe coin will dump then after the ICO ends. Sometimes, at the first month The price rises but after that down. The token holders seem to sell all their possesion because no project that can mantain the price of coin. When the project is running together with the releasing the coin in the exchanger there will be high supply and demand. That's will make the coin stable and jump again.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:39:55 AM

My biggest problem with ICO is the project. When the project is long term project, THe coin will dump then after the ICO ends. Sometimes, at the first month The price rises but after that down. The token holders seem to sell all their possesion because no project that can mantain the price of coin. When the project is running together with the releasing the coin in the exchanger there will be high supply and demand. That's will make the coin stable and jump again.

Which then leads me to conclude that it is the project that determines everything, the fate of the coin and its price. If the project will kick hard right from the get-go then there is no problem with the coin's value. It will rise for sure.
FintechEU

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:41:25 AM

It is one of the risk you have to take as an investor. Most of the time, tokens are over priced at ico point, then it will drop when it hits the market. But if you invested on the right coin, one with actual use, then the price will recover over time.
Yes i agree with you, we must invest on the right ICOs projects, before making investment on the ICOs we must learn more about the projects of the ICOs, we need data about the projects ICOs, are the ICOs will used on real business, entertainment or other funtions in the future? Are the ICOs has numbers of comunity that take the beneficial of the projects? The factors of fundamental must be learned carefully.

Well, the best way to minimize risk is to invest in operating business instead of white paper stage Smiley
cryptounicon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 10:44:13 AM

I think that a lot of ICO's are incredibly hyped, and that the sheer volume of ICO's hitting the market are diluting the value of all the crypto's. While a lot of money is going into crypto, there is so much competition for all that money also....>1000 crypto tradable assets exist, each additional one added further dilutes the amount of market share available for each crypto.

It takes a lot of research to really determine if something is worth its value or not.

EZ365 TM     ⚫  REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM  ⚫
████████████████ [ http://ez365.io/ ] ████████████████
Jay2408

Activity: 518

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:08:54 AM

Immediate dump of tokens post ICO is really the issue faced by every project here. I think only way to remove this dumping is by offering bounty in BTC.

Offering bounty in BTC should be a rule of thumb for this forum, projects which don't follow should be removed.
This will ensure higher rewards for bounty hunters and as well as remove the dumping issue for early investors in project. A win win situation I would say Smiley

Future projects might face a further problem if more people think like I do in the meantime. There are 2-3 projects I'm interested in but I won't invest during their ICOs, but wait until coins can be bought much cheaper. I agree, projects should rise their standard and do sth against dumping, otherwise some projects might not get enough investors in their ICO phase.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
FintechEU

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:10:49 AM

Future projects might face a further problem if more people think like I do in the meantime. There are 2-3 projects I'm interested in but I won't invest during their ICOs, but wait until coins can be bought much cheaper. I agree, projects should rise their standard and do sth against dumping, otherwise some projects might not get enough investors in their ICO phase.

Yeah, dumping is predictable for ICOs which are not backed up by anything and coins are much cheaper on exchanges after completion.
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:44:51 PM

I personally think that letting the value of a coin fall below the ICO price is a big problem in a ICO. developers should do something about it they always reason that it is because of bounty hunters dumping their coin but for me that isn't a good excuse especially for the investors.

For me The value of a coin or a token is a developer's responsibility, they should do anything to maintain the the price close or even above to ICO price,  because this will be a factor for the investors to get tired in investing they would rather prefer to invest after ICO when the price drastically falls down.

This is only my opinion, correct me if im wrong. Whether you agree or disagree i would love to hear your thoughts and opinions about this matter.
there is nothing to do with that because most of investors do not care about the project. The only thing the care about is to make money with ICOs and sell all the tokens they have when they reach the good price. There are not many true investors invest their money in ICOs and cause of that reasons, most of the tokens have been dumped a lot after they are listed on an exchange.
FintechEU

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:57:04 PM

there is nothing to do with that because most of investors do not care about the project. The only thing the care about is to make money with ICOs and sell all the tokens they have when they reach the good price. There are not many true investors invest their money in ICOs and cause of that reasons, most of the tokens have been dumped a lot after they are listed on an exchange.

This happens because of asset is backed up by nothing so the token value can't grow with each new achievement of business.
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:18:05 PM

Yeah, dumping is predictable for ICOs which are not backed up by anything and coins are much cheaper on exchanges after completion.
Well, in recently most ICO are dumped to lowest price after listed exchange, some example I know in few months ago until today: Monaco breakdown change -50% the price ICO still in low price in today and can't recovery; Bitquence breakdown to @300 sat for each (@3000 sat is the price ICO), however it recovery very fast and pump x2 the price ICO ...
So I think buying token ICO before listed exchange in current worse than buy token after listed exchange and dumped Grin

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
SMSCHAIN

Activity: 79

Decentralized A2P SMS platform

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 05:41:50 PM

It really depends on what functionality the tokens have within the system and how well the internal economics are set up. If you artificially set up the price which is higher than the value of your tokens, they would inevitably go down, that's normal. In my opinion, developers have to make sure that their project makes sense in itself and works well in terms of functionality and the rest will come.

Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:23:55 PM

In my experience, 99% of ICO/altcoins fail in the first month.
As soon as they are on the market for trading they get dumped and price drops hard.
Think about it, lots of people who got them free do not want to use the service for which they are intended.
With that said, it is inevitable that the price will always go down in the beginning.
acpr23 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:59:45 PM

basically why someone would invest in an ico if they can buy it cheaper when it is listed in an exchange? see that should be resolve in every ico, but not all ico coins fall after ico some of them are rising the reason is because they have good support and they value the trust of their investors.
SMSCHAIN

Activity: 79

Decentralized A2P SMS platform

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 02:48:34 PM

In the first place, participating in a ico with big amounts of money is very risky and the ico concept is not so good, however I think falling below the ico price is normal as a lot of things can happen in a project that cause price to crash below ico price.

http://www.viberate.io  ICO  will be rebuying their tokens on exchanges and with that model price will go  up  without hype  and they will catch dumps

So this is really good investment

Viberate is an amazing idea, and ICO the right way to growing it up. Cheers!

nogoodcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:00:48 PM

You mean after joining the ICOs, you will never lose your money .It's impossible , it is against the invest rules.
What you think can never come true , no matter in crypto world or in real life.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Ayers
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1022

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:07:24 PM

basically why someone would invest in an ico if they can buy it cheaper when it is listed in an exchange? see that should be resolve in every ico, but not all ico coins fall after ico some of them are rising the reason is because they have good support and they value the trust of their investors.

you can't buy it cheaper when listed on exchange because the value can't go under the pre ico price, only a moron would sell under that price, or maybe he would sell because he think the ico coin is dying or something

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:15:14 PM

I do get your point regarding the "devs shouldn't let the coin's price fall below the ICO price" but realistically, they don't have any control over that. Yes, they can put buy walls to prevent it but that will not promote natural growth for the coin and we don't want that. Devs should only focus to their tasks, and that is to develop the project. Let them follow the roadmap that they presented during their ICO phase and the increase in price will just follow.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: