Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:58:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash rate fluctuations when I am AFK. (Claymore 9.80)(1070)  (Read 539 times)
booper (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:30:30 AM

Hi and thanks for even reading this as I am tearing my hair out with this.

I have been mining ETH and/or SIA on claymore with windows 10 for a few months and no problem. Then around july 28th-31st my hash rate starts to fluctuate from 30.5 M/H on eth (MEM OC'D+Power underclocked) down to 20 M/H and even 15 sometimes. The strange thing about this is that starts off perfect for the first 5 minutes at 30.5 or 300 for sia. Then when I leave the computer and come back it has already dipped down and doesn't come back up, what is even stranger is if I wiggle the mouse it will go back to 30.5 M/H for a minute or two. This has made my mining pretty unsatisfactory as the amount I mine is way down.

The solutions I tried already:

Power options- High performance windows, no hybrid sleeps or anything like that I can see.
Nvidia settings- Max performance
Overclock- I was worried I over cooked my card but I did a benchmark and its fine and tried it at default settings.
Windows update- I remember a windows update happened around the time so I reverted that but no change.
Windows defender- I disabled for one night
Bat file- This is something that could be the cause, I never changed anything but maybe I could add something to the bat file that will stop it fluctuating.
O'C software- I use MSI but I tried another and no change. (I also noted that the power curve on MSI is steady when mining at 30 M/Hs but when it drops to 15/20 the power curve has loads of tiny oscillations in it.

If anyone has any solutions, even simple ones you think I may have forgotten I would love some outside imput as I think I am going in circles.

Thanks
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yobigd20

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:33:35 PM

9.8 was doing this on all my rigs. 9.8 seems very unstable to me. I reverted to 9.7 and all is good again.
booper (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:35:12 PM

I'll give it a go but 9.5 was doing it as well thats why I updated to the new one.
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:10:27 AM

9.8 was doing this on all my rigs. 9.8 seems very unstable to me. I reverted to 9.7 and all is good again.

I'm noticing wildly varying hash rates on 9.8.  Better performance but also big drops. It's hard to tell if the peaks and valleys are better than the consistency of 9.7.
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:25:34 AM

You are not the only one 9.8 it seems does have an issue trying to squeeze additional hashes from the GPU it seems the miner does loop out certain instruction resulting in a dropped hashrate.

The other i would do is run a resource monitor with logs to make sure that you don't have any Malware/miner/something thats hogging resources when it detects idle (just to be safe try a clean install if its not too much) there are resource hogs out there that will mine when your PC is idle in background and you may have gotten infected.

Lets us know about your progress...
booper (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:22:33 AM

You are not the only one 9.8 it seems does have an issue trying to squeeze additional hashes from the GPU it seems the miner does loop out certain instruction resulting in a dropped hashrate.

The other i would do is run a resource monitor with logs to make sure that you don't have any Malware/miner/something thats hogging resources when it detects idle (just to be safe try a clean install if its not too much) there are resource hogs out there that will mine when your PC is idle in background and you may have gotten infected.

Lets us know about your progress...

Will do, that Def could be the source as it is only when it detects idle. I tried a little sneak around by installing a mouse jiggler last night I will let you know if that works.
booper (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:45:02 AM

Hilariously that actually worked, downloaded and installed an app called ''mouse joggler'' and my hash rate stays constant the whole time. That probably points to a small bit of malware, I am going to try find it and remove it first before clean reinstall which would be a pain in the rear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: