Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Signatum (skunk) ccminer-krnlx 30+mh 1070, 52.5+ mh 1080ti [FREE,OPENSOURCE]  (Read 39407 times)
alel

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:33:37 AM

Simple calculation:

1. Start mining with krnlx or sp mod and note the time and number of SIGT.

2. After 6 hours (the longer the better) come back and see how many SIGT have been mined.

3. Repeat 1 and 2 with other miner.

4. Compare # of Sigt mined; the higher # is the better miner.

Ive been tracking mine for days now. Im pretty confident krnlx with suprnova sucks balls. At least for my setup. (Win 7 64 bit, 1060x3, 1070 x4)

Just because it shines doesnt mean its gold as the saying goes....

Eh, mining 6 hours with 140% pool luck and mining another 6 hours with 100% luck can really make a difference.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:41:20 PM

Simple calculation:

2. After 6 hours (the longer the better) come back and see how many SIGT have been mined.

Ive been tracking mine for days now. Im pretty confident krnlx with suprnova sucks balls. At least for my setup. (Win 7 64 bit, 1060x3, 1070 x4)

Agreed.  I have been using spmod for the past few days.  I switched to krnlx overnight because the reported hashrate was a little higher.  Imagine my surprise when I got up in the morning and saw that suprnova reported my hashrate at about 30% of what the miner showed.  The earned coins also reflected this.  Switched back to spmod which fixed everything.

a lot of newbee accounts praising SPmod like they know everything.. hmm... What to make of it. Unless you test both miners on the same pool for at least a day simultaneously there is no way to compare results

I'm not praising SPmod, I'm just stating the facts.  I've mined a lot of different algos with a lot of different miners through Suprnova.  My reported hashrate and what suprnova reports are always within 20% of each other.  In this case krnlx reports I'm getting 116 mh/s.  Suprnova reports 33.  That's quite a large difference.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:11:21 PM

Simple calculation:

Simple?

There is the difficult that changes every block, there is the luck in prop, pplns pools.

Traking for days means nothing. Sigt was a totally diferent thing 2 days ago.

First off Suprnova is pplns and not prop. Luck means nothing over extended period of time. The number of shares has a bigger impact.  
While each block varies usually from 10-350 seconds; if you track for 6 hours that 63 blocks min (pretty accurate for an average yield).

Every person knows the block reward halved after phase 1; but how many remember the yield before and after it?
Just because reward halved doesnt mean you make 50% less.

Sigt was totally different 12-24 hours after it launched and is less so after phase 1.

completely wrong bigjee ...

local hash - pool hash - and especially nethash play a massive part in all your so called calculations ...

this is why your logic is completely skewed an inaccurate ...

you would be absolutely correct IF your local hashrate AND the pool hash AND the nethash did not change at all ... it does - every 30seconds ... at times - the nethash fluctuates from 1terahash to 3.7terahash and back in a matter of hours ... this is a heavy displacement in diff and a massive difference in mining ...

your 6hour transient time frame means nothing in such circumstances - and these circumstances are a highly regular occurrence in signatum ... in fact almost all coins ...

if you want a better way to get more accurate figures - then you need to get out of the time frame mentality - and actually get into the mathematics of the code ... not by some arbitrary way of guessing the figures ...

the moment i post this from when i started - the diff and hashrate all changed dramatically again ... from 1.4th to 1.6th ...

#crysx

blissz

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:33:30 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 09:25:51 PM by blissz

Simple calculation:

Agreed.  I have been using spmod for the past few days.  I switched to krnlx overnight because the reported hashrate was a little higher.  Imagine my surprise when I got up in the morning and saw that suprnova reported my hashrate at about 30% of what the miner showed.  The earned coins also reflected this.  Switched back to spmod which fixed everything.

a lot of newbee accounts praising SPmod like they know everything.. hmm... What to make of it. Unless you test both miners on the same pool for at least a day simultaneously there is no way to compare results

I'm not praising SPmod, I'm just stating the facts.  I've mined a lot of different algos with a lot of different miners through Suprnova.  My reported hashrate and what suprnova reports are always within 20% of each other.  In this case krnlx reports I'm getting 116 mh/s.  Suprnova reports 33.  That's quite a large difference.

I do have the tools and two exact the same mining rigs (both 6x1070) to do a comparison between skunk and the spmod miner.

What I will do:

• tune both rigs so they have exact the same hashrate using skunk ccminer (done already)
  • connect them to the same pool and set the share difficulty static at 1.0 so I get enough shares (this helps a bit to filter the "luck" factor on a longer run)
  • Count the number of shares on both rigs + monitor the hashrate for let's say 24 hours.

I can do this with the leaked spmod 5 , since I don't have spmod 6.
If one wants me to do the comparison with spmod 6, please PM me a link.

edit: as we speak I run this comparison with spmod 5 now vs the last compiled skunk miner

edit 2: way to early to draw conclusions as it's only running for half an hour, but this is the result so far

ooh before asking why my hashrate is so low: my cards run heavily undervolted / volt modded. They draw only 75 watt each from the wall at these hashrates. This keeps my room a bit cool and saves me some power costs.
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 09:25:24 PM

Simple calculation:

Agreed.  I have been using spmod for the past few days.  I switched to krnlx overnight because the reported hashrate was a little higher.  Imagine my surprise when I got up in the morning and saw that suprnova reported my hashrate at about 30% of what the miner showed.  The earned coins also reflected this.  Switched back to spmod which fixed everything.

I'm not praising SPmod, I'm just stating the facts.  I've mined a lot of different algos with a lot of different miners through Suprnova.  My reported hashrate and what suprnova reports are always within 20% of each other.  In this case krnlx reports I'm getting 116 mh/s.  Suprnova reports 33.  That's quite a large difference.

I do have the tools and two exact the same mining rigs (both 6x1070) to do a comparison between skunk and the spmod miner.

What I will do:

• tune both rigs so they have exact the same hashrate using skunk ccminer (done already)
  • connect them to the same pool and set the share difficulty static at 1.0 so I get enough shares (this helps a bit to filter the "luck" factor on a longer run)
  • Count the number of shares on both rigs + monitor the hashrate for let's say 24 hours.

edit: as we speak I run this comparison with spmod 5 now vs the last compiled skunk miner

edit 2: way to early to draw conclusions as it's only running for half an hour, but this is the result so far

Sound good to do this ... i feel like krnlx fake mh/s ... but i am maybe wrong
I actually dont have SP mod (i am not a donor) but if i need i go back to palgin mod ... No sense to get 20 more mh/s on paper to get less ...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:31:04 PM

Simple calculation:

Agreed.  I have been using spmod for the past few days.  I switched to krnlx overnight because the reported hashrate was a little higher.  Imagine my surprise when I got up in the morning and saw that suprnova reported my hashrate at about 30% of what the miner showed.  The earned coins also reflected this.  Switched back to spmod which fixed everything.

Dont take my word for it; try it out yourself.
i just posted so ppl can learn themselves rather than be sheep.

So sick of this newbie account banter btw. I guess all senior members post gospel 24/7
bigjee

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:40:55 PM

Simple calculation:

Simple?

There is the difficult that changes every block, there is the luck in prop, pplns pools.

Traking for days means nothing. Sigt was a totally diferent thing 2 days ago.

First off Suprnova is pplns and not prop. Luck means nothing over extended period of time. The number of shares has a bigger impact.  
While each block varies usually from 10-350 seconds; if you track for 6 hours that 63 blocks min (pretty accurate for an average yield).

Every person knows the block reward halved after phase 1; but how many remember the yield before and after it?
Just because reward halved doesnt mean you make 50% less.

Sigt was totally different 12-24 hours after it launched and is less so after phase 1.

completely wrong bigjee ...

local hash - pool hash - and especially nethash play a massive part in all your so called calculations ...

this is why your logic is completely skewed an inaccurate ...

you would be absolutely correct IF your local hashrate AND the pool hash AND the nethash did not change at all ... it does - every 30seconds ... at times - the nethash fluctuates from 1terahash to 3.7terahash and back in a matter of hours ... this is a heavy displacement in diff and a massive difference in mining ...

your 6hour transient time frame means nothing in such circumstances - and these circumstances are a highly regular occurrence in signatum ... in fact almost all coins ...

if you want a better way to get more accurate figures - then you need to get out of the time frame mentality - and actually get into the mathematics of the code ... not by some arbitrary way of guessing the figures ...

the moment i post this from when i started - the diff and hashrate all changed dramatically again ... from 1.4th to 1.6th ...

#crysx

While I agree my method of calculation isnt fool proof you have to understand that the average miner wont be able to read code (I certianly dont).  
I definitely understand that the hashrate varies but im looking for a lay mans point of view for calculating yield.
Keep in mind im not looking for exact figure but an estimate. You mention variable aspects of the pool and whiel true it hasnt fluctuated as much in the past 24 hours (for suprnova). Again Im looking for rough estimate.

Im not supporting developers or taking sides; just pointing out that the hashrate reported by the krnlx isnt exactly what it is. My 6 hour interval was just an example and i mentioned the longer the better....

FYI I am using your miner also (I use time frame) as a measure of profitability.

If so have some material I can read Im all ears or eyes so to speak. But again others are free to check for themselves.
I only know what is consistent for my rig and setup.
bigjee

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:49:24 PM

Simple calculation:

What I will do:

ooh before asking why my hashrate is so low: my cards run heavily undervolted / volt modded. They draw only 75 watt each from the wall at these hashrates. This keeps my room a bit cool and saves me some power costs.

THANK YOU!!
Your experiment will help us out immensely.
I await the results for 24 hours. Perhaps 48 hours for repeatability sake so it settles the doubt once and for all.

Again thanks for setting this up!

Edit: By skunk miner which mod do you mean. Is it the krnlx? Just wanted to confirm.
blissz

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:56:23 PM

so what I did:

• 2 identical rigs (6x undervolted gtx 1070 both at same clocks / hashrate when using an identical miner)
  • both running on the same pool with static diff set to 1.0
  • started miners exactly at the same time
  • stopped the miners after one hour

apparently the skunk miner seems to work a bit better on my rig, but this comparison is more for checking the reported hashrate vs accepted shares. Since people feel the reported hashrate is not fair on the skunk miner.
Actually this test is running for a too short time to draw conclusions, but it gives an idea already. Next update will be after 12 hours of mining

I will do more testing. I will test some more miners on request. Please PM me when you want me to test a private miner (ie. spmod 6 or something else) or give me a link to a public miner if you want it to be tested.

my mistake: skunk = krnlx miner Smiley I will update the graphics on the next update
blissz

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:02:21 PM

yes it's krnlx, my mistake...
Let's see the results after 12 hours  Cool
firesec

Activity: 182
Merit: 104

Knowledge must be free !

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:37:32 PM

6xgtx 1070 130 MH/s ? this doesn't look good

Bitcoin address for donations:  3EfLoRWJwrXnep29drmhT19aPJcdqszswK
blissz

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:46:38 PM

6xgtx 1070 130 MH/s ? this doesn't look good

heavily undervolted / hardmod voltage. Each card runs at ~70 watt each from the wall to save power / heat and increase the lifetime of the cards.
You can run a gtx 1070 upto 30 Mh/s per card, but then they draw about 175 watt per card. I prefer to run them a bit cooler / less hot.
bigjee

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:04:44 AM

yes it's krnlx, my mistake...
Let's see the results after 12 hours  Cool

Perfect! Cheesy
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:15:33 AM

so what I did:

• 2 identical rigs (6x undervolted gtx 1070 both at same clocks / hashrate when using an identical miner)
  • both running on the same pool with static diff set to 1.0
  • started miners exactly at the same time
  • stopped the miners after one hour

apparently the skunk miner seems to work a bit better on my rig, but this comparison is more for checking the reported hashrate vs accepted shares. Since people feel the reported hashrate is not fair on the skunk miner.
Actually this test is running for a too short time to draw conclusions, but it gives an idea already. Next update will be after 12 hours of mining

I will do more testing. I will test some more miners on request. Please PM me when you want me to test a private miner (ie. spmod 6 or something else) or give me a link to a public miner if you want it to be tested.

my mistake: skunk = krnlx miner Smiley I will update the graphics on the next update

Well, nice detailed info sharing. Seems like skunk miner is way much ahead of spmod5.
altfinance

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:55:31 AM

If you have two identical rigs, a simple way could be to create two accounts in suprnova, then run palgin on one rig and krnlx on the other. (Or  krnlx and spmod3, whatever you prefer) Same settings for each of the miners. Run both at the same time and after several hours, compare the coins mined.

As soon as I read about krnlx, I installed it because it gave me more hash rate as compared to spmod3. But the coins I mined per day fell with krnlx. I thought it was due to the higher difficulty and number of miners. But when I switched back to spmod3, it seems I'm mining more coins with the latter. I have the same experience with the other two posters who mentioned this.  However, I would still like to confirm my unscientific observation with more tests.

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
┊┈ VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy: ┈┊
█ █  Linkedin Twitter Youtube Discord RedditFacebook Whitepaper Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:24:38 AM

If you have two identical rigs, a simple way could be to create two accounts in suprnova, then run palgin on one rig and krnlx on the other. (Or  krnlx and spmod3, whatever you prefer) Same settings for each of the miners. Run both at the same time and after several hours, compare the coins mined.

As soon as I read about krnlx, I installed it because it gave me more hash rate as compared to spmod3. But the coins I mined per day fell with krnlx. I thought it was due to the higher difficulty and number of miners. But when I switched back to spmod3, it seems I'm mining more coins with the latter. I have the same experience with the other two posters who mentioned this.  However, I would still like to confirm my unscientific observation with more tests.

I think this is what Blissz did now. 2 mining rig with same configuration on same pool. Comparing krnlx and spmod5. And the second chart is the shares comparison.
alel

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:28:04 PM

Which one of the compiled binaries are you using for the test? x32 or x64 and which cuda version
Bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 12:32:08 PM

Hi guys, i have a newbie question. How can u grab the detailled number of share u get ?
I dont find this details stats on pool page ...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
igotek

Activity: 2030
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 12:36:39 PM

After 24 hours:

Calculated profit: $47.78
Signatum suprnova.cc (SIGT): 600.84 SIGT ($39.75)
Total pool profit: $39.75
Total hashrates: CCMiner: 571.7 Mh/s
Hot market: SIGT-BTC (Cryptopia)

I would have around 720 coin. But huh ? only 600 coin.

I think this ccminer report the hashrate wrong.

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
Bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 12:44:57 PM

After 24 hours:

Calculated profit: $47.78
Signatum suprnova.cc (SIGT): 600.84 SIGT ($39.75)
Total pool profit: $39.75
Total hashrates: CCMiner: 571.7 Mh/s
Hot market: SIGT-BTC (Cryptopia)

I would have around 720 coin. But huh ? only 600 coin.

I think this ccminer report the hashrate wrong.

Hum u miss a solid 20% ... that the way i feel, i gona wait the result from blissz, but i gona back to palginmod ... He have release a new version by the way, but only window Sad

https://github.com/palginpav/ccminer/releases

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: