Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:15:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashrate just jumped from 105MH/s to 117 MH/s when...  (Read 1387 times)
steve666 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:02:36 PM

Well i were mining ETH for some time and i'd just discovered that my AMD FX6300 and Asrock 990FX bootlnecked my hashrate as fu*k -,-

My BIOS setup for 990FX was on AUTO BOOST mode and i't couldnt reach 105 MH/s with 4 GPU rig, when i turned it to manual mode it didn't change anything, but when i put it in state of AMD Dynamic Overclocking Mode for 4% up, my hashrate went up by about 12MH/s...

I just want to leave this stuff here for people that have problems with stability of their rigs, just always check and turn off all that bunch of "auto mode" stuff in your CPU managment.

It came on my mind just when I were starting some additional application on my PC and CPU were boosted for a while of stress and also in the same time my hashrate were turned up a little bit, so i decided to check the BIOS values.

Sorry for my bad english.
Regards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:22:48 PM

That is strange, first time hearing about smth like that. I have Intel Celeron G1820 on my rig, and my friend use fx-6300. We have some of the cards same and they give pretty much same hashrate
steve666 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:08:31 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2017, 11:20:55 PM by steve666

That is very strange thing to me too, but i have noticed that when turned on NH Miner with CPU mining, when CPU MHz boosted, also the hashrate on Claymore boosted for a little bit and as I said, after few changes in BIOS configuration I'am running my rig with 117.6 MH/s ETH instead of 105-106 MH/s. I could make some SS and show it to You, but now Im scared if I restart my rig it will go back to prev hashrate  Cheesy  Roll Eyes
Here's the proof after the changes:
http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/8450121600_1501974160.jpg

The rig:
http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/9400113800_1501974463.jpg

By the way if anyone could tell me:
The other strange thing to me is that when I'am mining merged coins ETH with DCR i get some incorrect shares that means error of GPU - it only happens when mining with dual coin and it goes like few wrong shares per GPU per 1000 shares... Is is caused because of GPU is going more over its near limit instead when solo mining (like it use less performance)? All GPU are overclocked with memshift, right now the power consumption of GPU-z shows 75-85 Watt consumptions from chip each card i use.

Thanks in advance!
Best regards

P.S. Tomorrow I will try to get one of my RX 470 around 29 MH/s that is 1150/1750 now and ill let try to change bios settings to default and show you what i meant.
Also I'll check if the 117 MH/s is stable for mining ETH after leaving it for some time.
steve666 (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:49:26 AM

I found that the more i overclock my CPU the more hashrate miner shows, could anyone explain that?  Shocked  Roll Eyes  Shocked

http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/6933313900_1502106213.jpg

However i guess that the speed is somehow cheated and according to shares/time i think that the real speed is even lower than the real possible speed without overclocking CPU.   Huh  Huh
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:30:48 PM

I found that the more i overclock my CPU the more hashrate miner shows, could anyone explain that?  Shocked  Roll Eyes  Shocked

However i guess that the speed is somehow cheated and according to shares/time i think that the real speed is even lower than the real possible speed without overclocking CPU.   Huh  Huh
AFAIK, overclocking a CPU will or should have 0 effect on your ETH hashrate, at least with claymore. Hashrate will however be impacted if your CPU is doing a lot of other things on the side (like +50% utilization).
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:11:46 PM

Well i were mining ETH for some time and i'd just discovered that my AMD FX6300 and Asrock 990FX bootlnecked my hashrate as fu*k -,-

You had something else running on the machine, I do NOT see a bottleneck on that SAME board running 3 x R9 290 with a Sempron 145 SINGLE core CPU - and ZERO difference in the hashrate when I ran it with a X240 dual core CPU for a while.

The dual-core CPU did make for a little faster DAG generation, but that was the ONLY difference.

Nicehash on the other hand does some other stuff where a multi-core MIGHT make a difference.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:33:47 PM

What can really do that? Its a good research though but it needs to be backed up with good theory i guess. Have you checked the temperature difference when you turned off and then on back every set up you talking about. I have read many times that once your rig is too hot its hash rate will drop dramatically because the bus lines on the circuit are not capable of producing efficient computing in that state. May be that could be reason. Because you have not done anything much except turning off and on the rig.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
steve666 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:21:49 PM

Only HW monitor is running parallel to ETH miner, the rig is not overheated - i targed my GPU's around 50'C - and as i said the hashrate is cheated, because the values from the miner isn't real, also ethpool says about reported hashrate around 120MH/s but the effective atm and average speed is around 95-98MH/s.
I noticed that when the CPU is boosted up for about 12% dynamic overclocking and the miners hashrate is around 122MH/s it wont do any job, it only find new job, but there is no result in gathering shares.

Only thing that is weird now to me is just why this happen Cheesy

Regards
w0lf0.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:59:41 PM

That is strange, first time hearing about smth like that. I have Intel Celeron G1820 on my rig, and my friend use fx-6300. We have some of the cards same and they give pretty much same hashrate

Yes, same mine situation, i have Intel dual core and my friend Amd fx 6350 but we have same hashrate  Huh
Golku

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:28:50 PM

Cpu plays a big role at gpu mining I have couple of rigs with 1 core cpu with a couple of bios tweaks I unlocked the second core and it improved well specially at Equihash it boosted like 15% and also a bit overclocking at the cpu
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: