Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:10:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10 crash after adding a GPU  (Read 577 times)
Pedro1x (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:05:16 PM

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, using AMD RX 570 Nitro+ 8Gb, I started plugging my GPUs one by one, I got many times yellow sign on the GPU in the device manager (Code 43). I ended up getting it to work with 5 GPUs, when I plug the 6th one, Windows crash when logging in. It's not the riser or the GPU because it doesn't matter what GPU I unplug, I can only run 5 at a time without crash. Also motherboard settings are correct since I am using same ones on another rig, and it even work with simplemining OS for 6 GPUs. My issue is only with Windows.

Any insight in this will be very appreciated.
Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elaking

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:06:52 PM

did you use 64bit or 32 bit ?

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 04:09:28 PM

Also motherboard settings are correct since I am using same ones on another rig, and it even work with simplemining OS for 6 GPUs. My issue is only with Windows.

Thank you.

are you using the exact same hardware on both rigs ? mobo/cpu/mem/psu/vga cards ?

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Pedro1x (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:13:43 PM

Windows 10 64bits.

Yes using same mobo, cpu, meme, psu, vga cards.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 04:24:14 PM

I think I'm seeing one concern that you have not given information about. What is the power of your processor? It is important to know as you must be having at least sux CPU cores to run all these GPU's. It's not about your operating system really. GPU work along with your CPU power to use the brains. Six gpu means lot of algorithms to be handled. How much cores are you allowing you miner to use is also important. Please check and post back.
Pedro1x (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:51:28 PM

mmmm I really doubt it has anything to do with the CPU. In all my rigs, I am using the same CPU, Intel 4400, and as I said, it works with simplemining OS and also works with Pimp OS.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 06:15:29 PM

I think I'm seeing one concern that you have not given information about. What is the power of your processor? It is important to know as you must be having at least sux CPU cores to run all these GPU's. It's not about your operating system really. GPU work along with your CPU power to use the brains. Six gpu means lot of algorithms to be handled. How much cores are you allowing you miner to use is also important. Please check and post back.

All of my rigs running super stable for weeks , months with 4 or less core cpus Smiley and 6-7-8 gpus Smiley
so i would say the above statement is not true

my rigs with 2 core cpus using less than 4% of cpu power during dual mining ETH/SIA Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:16:35 PM

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, using AMD RX 570 Nitro+ 8Gb, I started plugging my GPUs one by one, I got many times yellow sign on the GPU in the device manager (Code 43). I ended up getting it to work with 5 GPUs, when I plug the 6th one, Windows crash when logging in. It's not the riser or the GPU because it doesn't matter what GPU I unplug, I can only run 5 at a time without crash. Also motherboard settings are correct since I am using same ones on another rig, and it even work with simplemining OS for 6 GPUs. My issue is only with Windows.

Thank you.
It depends on your windows bit version. 32bit and 64bit may have a big hand in setting up your gpu. Also check that how many GPU can be installed on your motherboard. Some motherboard cant bear more heavy usage.  If you are having this problem with windows 10, then it might happen because win 10 can be not suitable for setting up a gpu miner.
BHTeam

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://www.crypto-coinz.net

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 08:33:05 PM

Update your windows to the latest version

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Crypto-Coinz  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Guides | Calculator | Currency Statsitics | Masternode Calculator | Monitor Creator
▬▬▬▬  HUSH  KMD  ZEC  ZCL  ZER  ZEN  XZC  BSD  BTCZ  SIGT  VOT  ▬▬▬▬
kuttysark420

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:21:55 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

agreed!!!!!

had 2 move from win 7 for more than 5 GPU..

windows 10 (updated fully) handles at least 8.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:28:11 AM

Thank you.
It depends on your windows bit version. 32bit and 64bit may have a big hand in setting up your gpu. Also check that how many GPU can be installed on your motherboard. Some motherboard cant bear more heavy usage.  If you are having this problem with windows 10, then it might happen because win 10 can be not suitable for setting up a gpu miner.

considering that majority of miners use windows, id say your statement is completely wrong

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
swellcoins

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:37:42 AM

You need to install Windows 10 in UEFI mode. I had the same problem and fixed it that way.
Pedro1x (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:18:52 PM

Windows is updated to latest version btw.

What AMD version are you guys using?

How and in what order you install the drivers?

Thanks
leonair

Activity: 1218
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:37:53 PM

Thank you.

What do you mean your only issue is with windows? so did you try different Operating System with your build? if so maybe it is with windows but if not the only thing that I can think for now is maybe it is with your Power supply, how many watts does your power supply have? because too much hardware inside of your mother board will cost you a much more electricity.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 724

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:53:24 PM

This wont realyl be a problem on Windows Os since there are lots of miners do make use of windows 10 platform without any problems and for those who said above about computing power of motherboard it doesnt really need at all to have a necessary powerful board at all. One thing i do suspect on this which it does need to be updated as others said here too.
Pedro1x (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:57:14 PM

Windows is at the latest update.
Using 1600W PSU like my other rigs, doesn't seem to be power problem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: